1.    22 Aug 2017 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 9
    Windows 7 Ultimate

    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001


    Hi !
    My old computer had a hard disk malfunctio then I built a new computer to replace my old one. After I reinstalled windows 7 off the disk of my original computer then upgraded to windows 10 but it wont activate. I've get an Error Code 0x803F7001 and after I try to use the original product key it receives an error Code 0x80041023

    Anyone has any suggestions or comments to help me?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    23 Aug 2017 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,456
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Try phone activation
    1. Type or paste ‘slui 4’ into the Search Windows box.
    2. Select your country and click Next.
    3. Call the toll free number while remaining in front of your computer.
    4. Use the automated system to get a Confirmation ID.
    5. Add the Confirmation ID into the box.
    6. Activate.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    23 Aug 2017 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,409
    Windows 10 IoT

    On the activation screen, click the link for the Activation Troubleshooter. Settings > Update & security > Activation. If that fails open an admin command prompt and run slmgr /ato and see if that fixes it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    23 Aug 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,344
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    Try phone activation
    1. Type or paste ‘slui 4’ into the Search Windows box.
    2. Select your country and click Next.
    3. Call the toll free number while remaining in front of your computer.
    4. Use the automated system to get a Confirmation ID.
    5. Add the Confirmation ID into the box.
    6. Activate.
    That option does not work for Windows10. The problem is likely that the Windows 7 Product Key was used too many times and is blocked from automatic online activation. The user can use the slui method to move the activation of that product key to the new computer, but only in Windows 7 and then upgrade that activated Windows7 to 10.

    Or they can try running the activation troubleshooter in Windows 10 if they have a digital license attached to their Microsoft account. Or call a MS technical support number and convince a live technician to remote into their computer and activate it for them.

    If it were me, I would reinstall Windows 7 to a temp partition and use slui to activate that, then the Windows 10 should activate on the same computer with the same product key.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    23 Aug 2017 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 10
    Windows 7

    Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

    1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.

    Hope something helps this problem
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    24 Aug 2017 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 9
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    On the activation screen, click the link for the Activation Troubleshooter. Settings > Update & security > Activation. If that fails open an admin command prompt and run slmgr /ato and see if that fixes it.
    thanks , i go settings but I have need to product key
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    24 Aug 2017 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 9
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by linhlz View Post
    Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

    1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.

    Hope something helps this problem
    thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
MS Account and Windows failed to Activate. Error Code 0x87E105DC.
OK, so I used the MCT to build a USB install. Booted from USB and was offered four options: Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Home, Win 10 Home single language edition, Win 10 Education. I clean installed, used my MS Account and Windows failed to Activate....
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved after upgrade windows 10 cannot activate Error code: 0xC004F034
did anyone get this Error code: 0xC004F034 after upgrade to windows 10? 26543
Windows Updates and Activation
activate windows Error code: 0x8007232B
Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0): ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data--> Validation Status: Validation unsupported OS Validation Code: 6 Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012 Windows Product Key:...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Error Code 0x803F7001 after clean install. How to activate again.
HP Pavilion DT 500-164. After utilizing Win10 since the initial offering. Microsoft yesterday, after a clean install decided that it was not activated. Today I updated to 10567. The long shot dream was that it would auto activate. The error code...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums