Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #11

    bo elam said:
    The Settings to do that are available in Creators. You can set it up that way in Settings>Personalization>Start.

    Bo
    How, i have the creators update on a virtual machine, the only setting is disable show full app list which remove the most used and recently added.
      My Computer

  2. bo elam's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    Windows 10 Home
       #12

    Xiii13 said:
    How, i have the creators update on a virtual machine, the only setting is disable show full app list which remove the most used and recently added.
    Here, my Windows is in Spanish but Setting 3 and 4 from the top down are the Settings you need to enable to get what you want. In my case, the "Show most used Apps" Setting is grayed because I also disable a Privacy setting that has to be enabled for that setting to be available.

    Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates-sin-titulo.jpg

    Bo
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    bo elam said:
    Here, my Windows is in Spanish but Setting 3 and 4 from the top down are the Settings you need to enable to get what you want. In my case, the "Show most used Apps" Setting is grayed because I also disable a Privacy setting that has to be enabled for that setting to be available.

    Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates-sin-titulo.jpg

    Bo
    hmm it does still show the full app list below most used but i might give it a try.
      My Computer

  4. bo elam's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    Windows 10 Home
       #14

    Xiii13 said:
    hmm it does still show the full app list below most used but i might give it a try.
    See if you have a button like the one here to compact the full Apps list (third one down).

    Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates-sin-titulo.jpg

    Bo
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 28
    WIndows 10
       #15

    I'm sticking to 1511. But Yesterday out of nowhere Windows 10 Update Assistant installed by itself. I blocked it in firewall and it can't download anything. Uninstalled it. Today it installed again. Does the method with task in task scheduler work? Any other fixes?

    I know newer versions are better, but there is something that changed.
    I use a program called Wheather Clock that replaces the standard clock.
    Block Windows 10 update assistant/all updates-clock.png

    After 1511 the notifications icon was moved after the clock in the task bar. Wheather clock is not working that way. Development of this app stopped long ago.
      My Computers

  6. FreeBooter's Avatar
    Posts : 3,966
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #16

    With Creators Update, Microsoft has made it a little easier to control updates in Windows 10.

    If you are running Windows 10 Creators Update (1703), you can delay security updates for up to 30 days. Likewise, you can defer feature updates to 365 days.

    1. Open Settings app. Navigate to Update & security and then Windows Update.

    2. Under Update settings section, click Advanced options link. This action will open Advanced update options page.

    3. Under Choose when updates are installed section, there are three options:

    a) Choose the branch readiness level to determine when feature updates are installed

    b) A feature update includes new capabilities and improvements.

    c) A quality update includes security improvements.


    The second option allows you delay feature updates up to 365 days. You can choose any number between 1 and 365 from the drop-down box.
      My Computer

  7. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,600
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #17

    FreeBooter said:
    With Creators Update, Microsoft has made it a little easier to control updates in Windows 10.

    If you are running Windows 10 Creators Update (1703), you can delay security updates for up to 30 days. Likewise, you can defer feature updates to 365 days....
    Note that these options are only offered in Windows 10 Pro (1703) and later. There are no such options available in Home.
      My Computers

  8. FreeBooter's Avatar
    Posts : 3,966
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #18

    Thanks @Bree, i have forget to add that as always, these new update settings are exclusive to Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise, and Education editions. You might not see these options on Windows 10 Home edition.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 28
    WIndows 10
       #19

    First I'm using Windows 10 1511 Enterprise.
    My question wasn't how to stop updates. I want updates and I install them regularly.
    Windows 10 Update Assistant is a program that installs itself in C:\Windows10Upgrade
    and puts a blue icon on the Desktop.
    How to stop that program from downloading and installing?
      My Computers

  10. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,924
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #20

    If you are looking to control the workings of Windows 10 enterprise you should direct your questions to the System administrator managing the system
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums