Windows 10: Win Update on Win 8.1 PRO won't install KB3035503


  1. Posts : 5
    Win 7 Pro ; Win 8.1 Pro
       26 Jul 2015 #1

    Win Update on Win 8.1 PRO won't install KB3035503


    I have the latest version of Windows Update Agent (7.9.9600.16422).
    I am needing Windows Update KB3035503 Installed on my laptop running Win 8.1 PRO so I can register for the Win 10 Upgrade. I have tried setting Win Update to automatic and manual. Neither will install the KB file. I have also reviewed the Win Update History and the KB File is not present. I am fairly sure I have legitimate Win 8.1 PRO update software installed on my machine as I purchased it directly from Microsoft.

    Is there a way obtain and install this KB3035503 out side of Windows Update?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.   My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 5
    Win 7 Pro ; Win 8.1 Pro
    Thread Starter
       27 Jul 2015 #3

    Bunny J,
    I followed the instructions you provided and installed KB3035583 (for 32 Bit 8.1 system. Install went fine and Windows Update shows the KB installed. Windows Update also shows no new updates ready for install.
    The icon to register for Win 10 does not show up in the system tray. I have shutdown and rebooted my machine twice since the installation.
    Any suggestions on how to get the ICON to display in the sys tray?

    Thanks,

    KayEee
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       27 Jul 2015 #4

    KayEee said: View Post
    Bunny J,
    I followed the instructions you provided and installed KB3035583 (for 32 Bit 8.1 system. Install went fine and Windows Update shows the KB installed. Windows Update also shows no new updates ready for install.
    The icon to register for Win 10 does not show up in the system tray. I have shutdown and rebooted my machine twice since the installation.
    Any suggestions on how to get the ICON to display in the sys tray?

    Thanks,

    KayEee
    See if this helps:
    Solved Get Windows 10 (gwx) app: Appraiser and Reservation notification icon

    It took a few days for my Win7 machine to get the icon, but my Win8.1 machine got is almost immediately.

    Read though the thread,, I included a 'fix' from Cliff S in post# 8. If the batch file methods (try all of them until the icon appears of there aren't any more methods) - give Cliff's method a shot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 5
    Win 7 Pro ; Win 8.1 Pro
    Thread Starter
       28 Jul 2015 #5

    Unfortunately this suggestion did not work. I had tried it before but tried it again. Utility ran fine, utility said KB3035583 installed and everything up to date. Still no Get Windows Icon in system tray
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    28 Jul 2015 #6

    KayEee said: View Post
    Unfortunately this suggestion did not work. I had tried it before but tried it again. Utility ran fine, utility said KB3035583 installed and everything up to date. Still no Get Windows Icon in system tray
    Have you tried the tool found here.,, it works for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       28 Jul 2015 #7

    KayEee said: View Post
    Unfortunately this suggestion did not work. I had tried it before but tried it again. Utility ran fine, utility said KB3035583 installed and everything up to date. Still no Get Windows Icon in system tray
    Did you try each option in the batch file, they do different thing as workaounds for the gwx icon issue.

    Choices in the batch file:
    1: Check Update Status
    2: Quick-Method #1 [JC from answers.microsoft.com]
    3: Quick-Method #2 [KevinStevens_845 from answers.microsoft.com]
    4: Long-Method #1 [Yaqub K from answers.microsoft.com]

    A reboot might be required, I forget. If after all methods have been tried, you might as well restart your machine - just in case it's that simple

    It wasn't until the 2nd or third try, days apart, that my Win7 box finally got the icon
    - it appeared after executing 2: Quick-Method #1

    Also, did you follow the link in post# 8 to Cliff S's suggestion - some members had success that way.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       28 Jul 2015 #8

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Have you tried the tool found here.,, it works for me.
    Found where?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved How to install KB3035583 update in Windows Updates and Activation
According to all the documentation that I've read, this update to Get Windows 10 can only be obtained through Windows Update. I have several builds of Windows 7 Pro on 'stand alone' HDs but after intalling all updates that are available,...
Clean install Win10 with Update? in Installation and Upgrade
I'm one of those people who generally does a clean install with every new major Windows release. The reason for this is general housekeeping: removing old software no longer needed, clearing out drivers and other files no longer used, etc. I'm...
Install Win 10 as an update over 8.1? in Installation and Upgrade
Just curious if their are any brave souls who actually updated 8.1 to 10? And if you did, what where your experiences like? No dual-boots, no drive swapping, no VM's or VHD's, a real live update.
install size Update vs Clean in Installation and Upgrade
Running on a 128GB SSD card, the Windows directory is around 50 GB's. Not much room left for anything else. Windows 8 was significantly less. After every update I delete the $Windows~BT directory and the Windows.old directory to free up about...
Hi there Changed to INTEL based CPU computer with INTEL PRO NIC. Applied latest update for tech preview. Now Networking is OK except FROM a LINUX server to W10 (W10 TO Linux is OK i.e W10 can access SAMBA shares). A Windows 8.1 VM...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:27.
Find Us