1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts : 623
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       21 Jul 2015 #1

    Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074674).


    Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074674).

    This downloaded on my 10240 and is waiting for a restart.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       21 Jul 2015 #2

    There is one for Win 7 and Vista as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Win 10 10240
       22 Jul 2015 #3

    KB3074674 update Fails


    fjk61011 said: View Post
    Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074674).

    This downloaded on my 10240 and is waiting for a restart.


    My HP Dv7 6143cl reboots to install update KB3074674 then the update fails and uninstalls itself. Then it got stuck in a bootloop and I had to do a forced shutdown. It now boots up correctly but without update installed. This is the very reason these updates should not be forced and we should be able to decide when and what updates to install.
    I have delayed the update for now. Because we can not chose which update to install I can not install any other updates after this like defender without installing this update with it. Please let us know if it installs properly on your PC.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts : 623
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 14971.1000
       22 Jul 2015 #4

    ogger151 said: View Post
    My HP Dv7 6143cl reboots to install update KB3074674 then the update fails and uninstalls itself. Then it got stuck in a bootloop and I had to do a forced shutdown. It now boots up correctly but without update installed. This is the very reason these updates should not be forced and we should be able to decide when and what updates to install.
    I have delayed the update for now. Because we can not chose which update to install I can not install any other updates after this like defender without installing this update with it. Please let us know if it installs properly on your PC.
    Installed first go with no problem. 10240 x64.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Win 10 10240
       22 Jul 2015 #5

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    Installed first go with no problem. 10240 x64.
    I installed it on my desktop without issue. However my Hp laptop will install it then uninstalls it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       22 Jul 2015 #6

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074674).

    This downloaded on my 10240 and is waiting for a restart.
    Cumulative Security Update for Windows 10: July 21, 2015
    Summary
    This security update resolves a vulnerability in Windows that could allow elevation of privilege if the Windows Installer service incorrectly runs custom action scripts.

    Additionally, this update includes non-security-related changes to enhance the functionality of Windows 10 through new features and improvements.

    Windows 10 Gets Another Hotfix Rollup (KB3074674)
    Brian Burgess | July 21, 2015 in News
    Windows 10 UpdateThe launch of Windows 10 is just days away, on July 29th and Windows Insiders need to grab another hotfix for build 10240 via Windows Update.

    According to Gabe Aul, itís a hotfix rollup (KB3074674) and is available now. There arenít any details on what the fix contains yet, but is live, and will automatically download and install.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 RTM Build 10240
       22 Jul 2015 #7

    ogger151 said: View Post
    My HP Dv7 6143cl reboots to install update KB3074674 then the update fails and uninstalls itself. Then it got stuck in a bootloop and I had to do a forced shutdown. It now boots up correctly but without update installed. This is the very reason these updates should not be forced and we should be able to decide when and what updates to install.
    I have delayed the update for now. Because we can not chose which update to install I can not install any other updates after this like defender without installing this update with it. Please let us know if it installs properly on your PC.


    "This is the very reason these updates should not be forced and we should be able to decide when and what updates to install."


    I agree, but unless you have an Enterprise version of Windows 10, the ability to actually opt out of updates is not an option for you. That goes for the Windows 10 Pro users also. Home Edition users have absolutely no say at all in what or even when updates get installed onto their systems. Windows Pro Edition users have only a little more control over receiving updates than the Home Edition users do, but not very much, seeing how Pro Edition users can only temporarily postpone updates. However, they have no more control over what update eventually get installed than Home users do.


    Enterprise Edition user can not only postpone updates but can refuse them altogether just like previous version of Windows users could in with the updates that got offered to them. The only concerns about what control end-users have over what gets installed on their devices that corporation like Microsoft seem to be interested in are the concerns of other corporations.


    The little guy or the individual end-user will simply serve as test subjects to help Microsoft make sure that their enterprise customers experience remain well informed and uneventful, as the data on these updates performed on the rest of our systems are aggregated, and used to reassure Enterprise users of their problem-free ease of use and installation onto their similar systems.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    23 Jul 2015 #8

    fjk61011 said: View Post
    Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074674).

    This downloaded on my 10240 and is waiting for a restart.
    Same thing here-- I can't cancel update
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
KB3035583 update for Windows 7/8.1 systems
More on the Promo for Windows 10.... Microsoft hides a Windows 10 Easter Egg in Windows 7/8.1 systems - TechRepublic
Windows Updates and Activation
New Security Update KB3074683 for Windows 10 July 27th 2015
625788905279729665 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. 26192
Windows 10 News
Security Update KB3074667 available for Windows 10 July 20th 2015
How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 A restart will be required. See:
Windows 10 News
New Security Update KB3072073 for Windows 10 June 16th 2015
21689
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 KB3018943 security update for IE Flash Player
The KB3018943 security update for IE Flash Player can be downloaded in Windows Update. 537310097236447232
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums