Update Failure KB4019472

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  1. Posts : 27,421
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #11

    Hi carecan. Welcome to the TenForums @carecan

    When you ran the trouble shooter did you run as administrator and did it run clean?

    Please have a look at this post. Two processes, DISM and a set of Commands.

    Creators Update Failure

    Ken
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 Home
       #12

    This solution solve my 2017-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4019472) failure problem. I did the troubleshooting only once.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #13

    Caledon Ken said:
    Hey Matt.

    Following and not following.

    Did you and MS do a clean install from bootable media to attempt an install of Creator Update and the clean installed failed?

    Ken
    Hi Ken,

    My apologies for not being more explicit.

    The solution that MS provided was to use the Update Assistant to install the Windows Creators Update. This was only on one of the internal HDDs, not bootable media.

    This got as far as the install options. The first 2 (Repair Windows and Update Windows) were greyed out and the only choice I was being allowed to make was a clean install. I terminated the UA at that point as reinstalling applications and data is a last resort.

    I have since disabled all automatic Windows (and other MS product) updates and cleaned out all temporary files. I have noticed that each time I reboot, the computer advises that it has updates to install on shut down!

    I am now getting really quite confused!

    Thanks,

    Matt
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #14

    Hi folks,

    I had problems installing the windows 10 updates for quite some time.
    Today I did the upgrade from this site with succes!
    Download Windows 10
    - cheers ;-)
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 27,421
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #15

    Hi Matt. You said in an earlier posting the you got a message about the OS is installed in a non standard location. Did you happen to get a screen shot of this.

    Your machine thinks it has an update to install but I'm hearing you say it doesn't install and you keep getting message. Could I please suggest you run the trouble shooter one more time in an attempt to clear this.

    In post #11 I pointed you to another thread. In that thread it provides a DISM command. When run what message do you get at the end.

    Diemongo link is to the Media Creation tool. If you follow and create the media you would then install the key, navigate to it and run setup.

    In a previous post you said you don't have time to backup data on multiple drives. Please reconsider this. Any of these installs can head south in a hurry.

    Ken
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #16

    Hi Matt,

    In the latest reply from Ken, he refers to the creation of the media. I did'nt create this.
    If you follow the link from your Windows 10 machine, you will at the top of the page be able to update your Windows 10 directly without any media creation. You should get the text here below:

    - Per
    Windows 10 Creators Update now available

    The Update Assistant can help you update to the latest version of Windows 10. To get started, click Update now.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #17

    Hi Ken,
    Thank you for your continued efforts on my behalf!

    To answer your points, please see below:

    Caledon Ken said:
    Hi Matt. You said in an earlier posting the you got a message about the OS is installed in a non standard location. Did you happen to get a screen shot of this.
    I did, screen shot here:
    Update Failure KB4019472-2017_05_20_07_19_371.png

    Caledon Ken said:
    Your machine thinks it has an update to install but I'm hearing you say it doesn't install and you keep getting message. Could I please suggest you run the trouble shooter one more time in an attempt to clear this.
    As suggested I have run it again, with the following results:
    Repair Windows Update Database Corruption: the troubleshooter recommended deleting and re-downloading updates. Action taken - apply this fix
    Download and Install Pending Updates: informs me that there are pending updates for this machine. Action taken - apply this fix
    Results:
    Service registration is missing or corrupt: action taken reset service registration. Result - fixed Potential Windows Update Database error detected: action taken repair Windows Update Database Corruption. Result - fixed Windows Update components must be repaired: action taken repair Windows Update components. Result - fixed Check for pending updates: action taken Download and Install pending updates. Result - fixed
    Potential issues that were checked but no issues present:
    Default Windows Update data locations may have changedSome security settings are missing or have been changedCheck for missing or corrupt filesSystem date and time aren't correct
    Summary as per the PDF:
    17 0519 Windows Update Troubleshooter Log.pdf

    On re-running the Upgrade Assistant we have the same results as per the screen grab above.
    Caledon Ken said:
    Diemongo link is to the Media Creation tool. If you follow and create the media you would then install the key, navigate to it and run setup.
    Noted. @Diemongo - thank you for pointing me in that direction - I had previously tried the Media Creation Tool without success. A good suggestion though!
    Caledon Ken said:
    In a previous post you said you don't have time to backup data on multiple drives. Please reconsider this. Any of these installs can head south in a hurry.
    Fair point. I think that what I meant is that I didn't particularly have to want to reinstall and then set up all the applications from fresh rather than back up the data volumes!

    One further thought...
    The boot drive (according to the BIOS) is Drive 0, however if I look at disk management, we see the following:
    Could this possibly have anything to do with the updater believing that Windows has been installed in a non-standard location?
    Update Failure KB4019472-2017_05_20_07_22_481.png

    Many thanks.
    Kind regards,

    Matt
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 27,421
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #18

    Hi Matt. Interesting that you would have so many errors again.

    Thanks for providing the disk management view. What I found interesting, and may be influencing things, your C: drive does not have the standard partitioning. The Recovery partition and system reserve are missing. This is likely causing the windows isn't it the standard place messages. Not sure how or even if this playing into why this update won't install however I will guess it does.

    I would suggest that you disconnect all drives other than c: to try the update BUT I'm really not sure how all these drives are being used.

    I'm really not sure where to go from here. You might want to try the trouble shooter, followed by running setup from the media creation tool, immediately I would consider disconnecting the drive that says failed and maybe even the the pure data drives.

    I know clean installs are a pain in the a$$ but sometimes they can be quicker than diagnosing. Might also consider simplifying disk layout which would permit a simpler OS / Programming imaging. Recognizing we each have our own reasons for our layout.

    Ken
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #19

    Hi Ken,

    Thanks for your continued thoughts; much appreciated!

    Caledon Ken said:
    Hi Matt. Interesting that you would have so many errors again.

    Thanks for providing the disk management view. What I found interesting, and may be influencing things, your C: drive does not have the standard partitioning. The Recovery partition and system reserve are missing. This is likely causing the windows isn't it the standard place messages. Not sure how or even if this playing into why this update won't install however I will guess it does.
    I didn't realise about the recovery partition and system reserve issues. I was more curious about the 2 primary partitions on Disk 2.

    Caledon Ken said:
    I would suggest that you disconnect all drives other than c: to try the update BUT I'm really not sure how all these drives are being used.
    Drive C: is primarily reserved for Windows plus anything else that insists on being installed there and which I can do nothing about. Drive D: is for the vast majority of applications and everything else is reserved for data. The missing dynamic drive appears to be a duplicate of Disk 1 (C: drive). Agreed that it worth deleting.
    Caledon Ken said:
    I'm really not sure where to go from here. You might want to try the trouble shooter, followed by running setup from the media creation tool, immediately I would consider disconnecting the drive that says failed and maybe even the the pure data drives.
    I know clean installs are a pain in the a$$ but sometimes they can be quicker than diagnosing. Might also consider simplifying disk layout which would permit a simpler OS / Programming imaging. Recognizing we each have our own reasons for our layout.
    I think that I have pretty much come to the same conclusion as yourself. Unplug Disks 0, 2, 3. Boot up on DVD into Windows and then delete the partition on Disk 1 (and the missing volume), do a clean install and then reformat D: It is a pain in the butt however I think that it is now time to grasp this nettle firmly without wasting too much more effort on it. Hopefully that will prevent any further issues going forwards, although it interesting to note that this configuration has not caused update issues up until this point in time!

    I will also take your comments about drive configuration at the same time and see whether there is a more logical way of sorting out my drives to suit my purposes.

    Thank you very much for your support. It really is appreciated.

    Best,

    Matt
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums