1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    windows
       10 Jul 2015 #1

    Windows 10 Activation from win7/8 key


    Hey everyone, been lurking this forum for a while and thought id post this one to hopefully clear this question up.

    We all know that if you have a win7/8 installation, then its just a matter of upgrading it when the final release lands by using the little windows app next to the clock in the tray and it takes care of the rest.


    But what if I have made a clean install of win10 "10074" (currently upgraded to 10164) and I want to activate it when rtm is real? Does anyone know if there will be a way of inputing your old win7/8 license key so it will be valid for win10 or is the only route reinstalling win7/8, then doing all the updates til you get the update with the windows app at the tray and go from there?

    Would be a real pain in the ass if thats the only way
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 10586.218
       11 Jul 2015 #2

    The only way is indeed to reinstall Windows and do all the updates. And you won't get Windows 10 particulary on july 29th.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Lahore
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 pro
       13 Jul 2015 #3

    deebs said: View Post
    Hey everyone, been lurking this forum for a while and thought id post this one to hopefully clear this question up.

    We all know that if you have a win7/8 installation, then its just a matter of upgrading it when the final release lands by using the little windows app next to the clock in the tray and it takes care of the rest.


    But what if I have made a clean install of win10 "10074" (currently upgraded to 10164) and I want to activate it when rtm is real? Does anyone know if there will be a way of inputing your old win7/8 license key so it will be valid for win10 or is the only route reinstalling win7/8, then doing all the updates til you get the update with the windows app at the tray and go from there?

    Would be a real pain in the ass if thats the only way
    install genuine win 7 sp1 or 8 and then updgrade to window 10 preview using iso file and your window remains permanently activated and it will also get final rtm after 29 july
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 990
    Windows 10 Pro,
       13 Jul 2015 #4

    n70shan said: View Post
    install genuine win 7 sp1 or 8 and then updgrade to window 10 preview using iso file and your window remains permanently activated and it will also get final rtm after 29 july

    This is not true, I have tried that.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    Lahore
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10 pro
       14 Jul 2015 #5

    Rocky said: View Post
    This is not true, I have tried that.
    well for you its not working but for me i have tried the same procedure and it worked flawlesslyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	24365
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    14 Jul 2015 #6

    n70shan said: View Post
    well for you its not working but for me i have tried the same procedure and it worked flawlesslyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	453 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	24365
    This issue occured to me also. I reverted back to 8.1 then I realized that it was an activation issue at MS servers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 7 X64
       14 Jul 2015 #7

    Goto Run
    Type "CMD"
    then enter this in console:

    slmgr /ipk NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
    slmgr /skms kms.xspace.in
    slmgr /ato
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 Activation
Can't seem to get build 9926 to activate after updating; maybe it's 'cause there's so many trying that I can't get through!
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 free to get for win7 and win8.1
Windows 10, expected on the market this autumn, will be available for one year as a free upgrade to users of Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1, Myerson said. 557951176101347329
Windows 10 News
Solved Windows 10 activation
I woke up this morning to WTP telling me to activate. I entered the serial without any luck. Has this happened to anyone else, and how did you fix it. Fortunately I had backed up C drive with Macrium. :huh:
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Activation woes - Windows needs activation to personalize
Hi there anybody else got this -- trying to personalize PC -got you need to activate windows before you can personalize PC. Now what do I do !!!!!?! Is this normal (I did an UPDATE rather than a new install BTW). Cheers
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums