Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    03 Apr 2017 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    South Central Texas
    Posts : 151
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Windows Update Error 0x80070643 for Windows Defender


    Still having issues updating Windows Defender as of 4/3/17, 12:30pm CDT on 10 Pro winver 14393.969 . Windows Update shows Error 0x80070643 but manual update via Defender GUI installed latest virus/spyware definition 1.239.713.0. Re-running Window Update shows everything is up to date.

    It's been at least 4 days since this glitch first appeared on my machines. Any thoughts on why Microsoft is delaying a fix? Perhaps to include in next Patch Tuesday 4/11?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defender 1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	128042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defender 2.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	128043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defender 3.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	128044
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Apr 2017 #2
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 385
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17040.1000, 16299.64

    Quote Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
    Still having issues updating Windows Defender as of 4/3/17, 12:30pm CDT on 10 Pro winver 14393.969 . Windows Update shows Error 0x80070643 but manual update via Defender GUI installed latest virus/spyware definition 1.239.713.0. Re-running Window Update shows everything is up to date.

    It's been at least 4 days since this glitch first appeared on my machines. Any thoughts on why Microsoft is delaying a fix? Perhaps to include in next Patch Tuesday 4/11?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defender 1.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	128042Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defender 2.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	128043Click image for larger version. 

Name:	defender 3.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	128044
    According to Dona Sarkar they have "not seen" that problem, I hope that in the time that has elapsed since the publication of that tweet they already have seen the problem.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	128050
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Apr 2017 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 20
    Windows 10

    Hi All,
    Thank you for your patience regarding Windows Defender update error 0x80070643. We are aware of the issue and trying to roll out a mitigation as soon as possible. Meanwhile to get your machine back to a protected state, you can manually download and apply the latest Definition Update by following the instructions outline here: https://www.microsoft.com/security/p...tions/adl.aspx.”
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    03 Apr 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 266
    windows 10 (x64) Home

    I also got that error. Now I update from windows defender and then try windows update. Now I don't get error as defender is updated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 Apr 2017 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 4,480
    10 Home x64 (1709) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)

    Quote Originally Posted by jyim89 View Post
    Thank you for your patience regarding Windows Defender update error 0x80070643. We are aware of the issue and trying to roll out a mitigation as soon as possible...
    Thank you @jyim89 for this. Funnily enough I have been able to update Defender (through windows update or from Defender itself) with no problem at all - unlike many others, judging by the large number of threads that have popped up over the last day.

    You may like to comment on this particular thread, as it pertains to this problem affecting the Creators Update...
    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    03 Apr 2017 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    South Central Texas
    Posts : 151
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by jyim89 View Post
    Hi All,
    Thank you for your patience regarding Windows Defender update error 0x80070643. We are aware of the issue and trying to roll out a mitigation as soon as possible.
    Appreciate the response.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Apr 2017 #7
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by marsmimar View Post
    Appreciate the response.
    Same issue for me. tried the solution offered here, the problem still persists. manual updates through Windows Defender do work.
    Below is the MpCmdRun.txt file generated after manually trying to remove all Definitions and reload.

    MpCmdRun: Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe" -RemoveDefinitions -All Start Time: ‎Tue ‎Apr ‎04 ‎2017 12:26:55Start: MpRemoveDefinitions(1)Finish: MpRemoveDefinitions()MpCmdRun: End Time: ‎Tue ‎Apr ‎04 ‎2017 12:26:55--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MpCmdRun: Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe" -SignatureUpdate Start Time: ‎Tue ‎Apr ‎04 ‎2017 12:27:38Start: MpSignatureUpdate()Update started Search Started (MU/WU update) (Path: https://fe2.update.microsoft.com/v6/)...Search Completed Download Started...Time Info - ‎Tue ‎Apr ‎04 ‎2017 12:28:08 Download Completed Download Completed Installation Started...Update failed with hr: 0x80070643Installation Completed Update failed with hr: 0x80070643Search Started (HTTP) (Path: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Link...24)...Download Started...Time Info - ‎Tue ‎Apr ‎04 ‎2017 12:28:35 Download Completed Installation Started...Installation Completed Search Started (HTTP) (Path: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Link...24)...Download Started...Download Completed Installation Started...Update failed with hr: 0x80004005Installation Completed Update completed with hr: 0x80070643ERROR: Signature Update failed with hr=80070643MpCmdRun: End Time: ‎Tue ‎Apr ‎04 ‎2017 12:28:44
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Apr 2017 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10, 1607

    Me Too- been-having this error for 3 days.

    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.239.792.0) - Error 0x80070643
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Apr 2017 #9
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro

    Me too exactly like marsmimar on about 15 pc some with Windows 10 Pro and some with Windows 10 Home.

    The only one without this issue is mine ... Windows 10 Pro.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    05 Apr 2017 #10
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 1
    windows 10

    I uninstaled internt explorer and installe 3.5 uninstalled 4.5


    Quote Originally Posted by Bree View Post
    Thank you @jyim89 for this. Funnily enough I have been able to update Defender (through windows update or from Defender itself) with no problem at all - unlike many others, judging by the large number of threads that have popped up over the last day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	128323

    Set like this then, solved??
    Update works now
    You may like to comment on this particular thread, as it pertains to this problem affecting the Creators Update...
    Cumulative Update KB4016250 for Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.11

    Set like this then, solved??
    Update works now
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved KB2267602 (Definition 1.231.870.0) - Windows Update Error 0x80070643
When Windows Defender Real Time Protection is Enabled, and I go to Windows Update it tries to update the definitions, gets to 66% and it stalls and then I get this error message KB2267602 (Definition 1.231.870.0) - Error 0x80070643. If I disable...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Cannot install update (KB2538243) - Error 0x80070643
I keep getting this error, I have attempted to install it several times without success. How do I get this update to install? Thanks
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3122947) - Error 0x80070643
Having a problem installing this update on my 32 bit machine which really only has Firefox on it and a few documents. Have run the batch file to reset and re-register windows update but its still failing. Any solutions?
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved 0x80070643 Error when updating Windows Defender
Have had this error for a couple days now. Tried regular checks to verify system components and online image and windows update service diagnostics, cleaned up SoftwareDistribution, turned off non-Microsoft auto starting services, - all to no avail....
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows Update multiple Install errors/Failure (error 0x80070643)
Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have upgraded to windows 10 for a few weeks now and over the last couple of days it has stopped installing any windows updates, the error code that pops up is (error 0x80070643) It's also...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums