Is it safe to go ahead and download the Creators Update?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,417
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64 bit
       #11

    I would wait for the official release. The preview is still being tested by insiders and MS and they are probably working on a Cumulative Update to fix any last minute bugs and will release it with the official release on April 11.

    Jim
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #12

    Phone Man said:
    I would wait for the official release. The preview is still being tested by insiders and MS and they are probably working on a Cumulative Update to fix any last minute bugs and will release it with the official release on April 11.

    Jim
    I agree. If not a tech savvy then better just wait for all final fixes, for a smooth ride to Creators Update.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 7,127
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #13

    slicendice said:
    I agree. If not a tech savvy then better just wait for all final fixes, for a smooth ride to Creators Update.
    "Final fixes" I'll leave the upgrade for at least 3 months to digest the problems surely to be reported on the forum.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 13,695
    Windows10
       #14

    slicendice said:
    I agree. If not a tech savvy then better just wait for all final fixes, for a smooth ride to Creators Update.
    Nah - we are already on 10563.11. For vast majority quite safe to upgrade.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 13,695
    Windows10
       #15

    Steve C said:
    "Final fixes" I'll leave the upgrade for at least 3 months to digest the problems surely to be reported on the forum.
    Create image backup, upgrade.

    Vast majority will have no significant if any issues.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #16

    cereberus said:
    Create image backup, upgrade.

    Vast majority will have no significant if any issues.
    Yep, got 15063.11 on all my devices. No issues at all.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 17,369
    Windows 11 Pro
       #17

    cereberus said:
    Create image backup, upgrade.

    Vast majority will have no significant if any issues.
    The problem is, though, that 90% of the posts on the internet regarding any Windows OS will be the problems so people use that to say, "If not a tech savvy then better just wait for all final fixes..." What they fail to take into account, though, is that it is probably less than 1% of all the total people that have that OS are the ones posting on the internet.

    I know that I can't help a lot of people on this forum with their problems because I've got a dozen computers on my home network that are not have any issues at all with Windows 10 - now on 15063.11.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #18

    NavyLCDR said:
    The problem is, though, that 90% of the posts on the internet regarding any Windows OS will be the problems so people use that to say, "If not a tech savvy then better just wait for all final fixes..." What they fail to take into account, though, is that it is probably less than 1% of all the total people that have that OS are the ones posting on the internet.

    I know that I can't help a lot of people on this forum with their problems because I've got a dozen computers on my home network that are not have any issues at all with Windows 10 - now on 15063.11.
    The problem is that the base system they are upgrading from is corrupt. And can therefore not be upgraded properly. People tend to run Windows as Admin and install a bunch of useless software. The end result is that something breaks.

    But yes, if something is working great, then there is no point rushing into next upgrade.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 11,210
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #19

    Hi there

    Why not try it as a VM first - then if it breaks wait until fixes are released.

    Not sure what the current "Activation" is if you download it manually - I'd imagine it would be a bit like the Insider program where even if Windows isn't actually activated it works normally until (at least) the next release or longer.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 17,369
    Windows 11 Pro
       #20

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    Why not try it as a VM first - then if it breaks wait until fixes are released.

    Not sure what the current "Activation" is if you download it manually - I'd imagine it would be a bit like the Insider program where even if Windows isn't actually activated it works normally until (at least) the next release or longer.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    It the user in question doesn't do something specific to block it, the upgrade is just going to come through Windows Update on the host anyway. Personally, I would rather download the ISO file and upgrade myself rather than having Windows Update do it.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums