Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    22 Mar 2017 #1
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 2
    Mac OS X 10.11.6 & Bootcamp Windows 10

    How some stores sells windows 10 serial code for so cheap?


    Hello,
    I've mac mini with El Capitan installed and I wanted to install windows 10 via bootcamp. In the beginning I saw that windows 10 price is very high so I gave up. After looking for some cheap code in eBay I found this seller Access Denied
    I bought from him 3 codes for windows 10 and 2 codes for office 2016. everyone works fine and the activation worked ok.

    I just want to know how this store can sells those codes for so cheap?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    22 Mar 2017 #2
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 42
    Windows 10

    Hi edenbensal,

    The Win10 Keys are probably Refurb keys which means that they should only be used by a refurbishing team, however, Microsoft has no way of telling whether the key has been used legally or not.

    They also tend to turn a blind eye to the sellers on eBay etc... as Microsoft want everybody to be upgrading and running Windows 10 so that they can harvest your data. This is the reason that they allow the free upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    22 Mar 2017 #3
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,926
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by DeclanT View Post
    Hi edenbensal,

    The Win10 Keys are probably Refurb keys which means that they should only be used by a refurbishing team, however, Microsoft has no way of telling whether the key has been used legally or not.

    They also tend to turn a blind eye to the sellers on eBay etc... as Microsoft want everybody to be upgrading and running Windows 10 so that they can harvest your data. This is the reason that they allow the free upgrade.
    Why do you feel you have to make such a childish statement!

    This forum does not like such childishness.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    22 Mar 2017 #4
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 187
    Win 7 8 and 10

    As a warning to others that think these are legal/legit. Look at the feedback,lol
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e&interval=365
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    23 Mar 2017 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Trnava
    Posts : 2,863
    Windows 10.4 Home 1709 x64

    I bought Win8 Pro keys from Microsoft Store for $25, MS sells cheap keys in countries like India.
    I have also bought several Pro keys for $10 (3 years ago), they all work till today, not on ebay.

    Reliable eshops, but as for legality, that up to you to decide:

    allkeyshop.com/catalogue/search.php?q=windows+10
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    23 Mar 2017 #6
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 42
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    Why do you feel you have to make such a childish statement!.
    Hi Cereberus,

    Apologies if you believe my statement is childish, however, Microsoft are moving in a similar direction as Google and Apple as they offer free OS updates.

    I am not, for one second, wearing a "tinfoil hat" as I couldn't care less what Microsoft does with my data. I am simply stating that the reason that Microsoft are able to afford the free upgrade to windows 10 is by pushing in OS purchases such as OneDrive storage, Office 365 and also analysing user data.

    Please correct me if I am wrong am incorrect? Also please feel free to elaborate why you felt the statement was childish?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    23 Mar 2017 #7
    Join Date : Mar 2017
    Posts : 2
    Mac OS X 10.11.6 & Bootcamp Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    As a warning to others that think these are legal/legit. Look at the feedback,lol
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...e&interval=365
    most of the feedback are positive and he sold thousands of codes
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    23 Mar 2017 #8
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,926
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by DeclanT View Post
    Hi Cereberus,

    Apologies if you believe my statement is childish, however, Microsoft are moving in a similar direction as Google and Apple as they offer free OS updates.

    I am not, for one second, wearing a "tinfoil hat" as I couldn't care less what Microsoft does with my data. I am simply stating that the reason that Microsoft are able to afford the free upgrade to windows 10 is by pushing in OS purchases such as OneDrive storage, Office 365 and also analysing user data.

    Please correct me if I am wrong am incorrect? Also please feel free to elaborate why you felt the statement was childish?
    It was childish because it was nothing to do with the question being asked, and was a classic tin foil hat type response.

    MS are lenient for sure about licences but not for data harvesting (a tin foil hat term for telemetry).

    Their objective is solely to keep as many people using Windows to maintain their market dominance obviously selling/leasing word etc.

    So please do not try to justify your childish comment after the event.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    23 Mar 2017 #9
    Join Date : Mar 2016
    Posts : 42
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    It was childish because it was nothing to do with the question being asked, and was a classic tin foil hat type response.
    MS are lenient for sure about licences but not for data harvesting (a tin foil hat term for telemetry).
    Their objective is solely to keep as many people using Windows to maintain their market dominance obviously selling/leasing word etc.
    So please do not try to justify your childish comment after the event.
    It would have been a "tinfoil hat" comment if I stated that they were spying on us or watching us through our webcams, however, I did not.

    Most companies use the data to help and develop their service. I never said that I disagreed with it.

    So please stop being a hostile MS White Knight just because I stated that MS harvest user data! This is actually a positive thing for the consumer as they can tailor the software.

    You say that my statement had nothing to do with the original question. The original question was "How some stores sells windows 10 serial code for so cheap?" My answer explained one way that MS are able to make money while allowing a free upgrade.

    Feel free to disagree but don't be so ignorant to call me childish
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    23 Mar 2017 #10
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,926
    Windows10

    You cannot justify your comment - you stated data harvesting was reason for MS being lenient with licences clearly implying spying. That is garbage and now you are being huffy becaue you got called out on it.

    Bye Bye.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28
I have a refurbished HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF 32-bit desktop. The original OS was Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro in Feb 2016. In June I upgraded the original ST3160318AS 160GB HDD with a Crucial MX200 250GB SSD On Wed July 20, did a...
Drivers and Hardware
Telstra Transforms Its Retail Stores with Windows 10
Source: Telstra Transforms Its Retail Stores with Windows 10 | Windows For Your Business
Windows 10 News
Windows apps and app stores don't work
Hi, I have found that the Windows 10 app store disappeared from my system, apps like calculator installed through the app store do not start. The most strange thing is that all those apps has some strange strings appended in front of the original...
Software and Apps
Join Microsoft Stores to Celebrate Windows 10 with Special Events...
Source: Join Microsoft Stores to Celebrate Windows 10 with Special Events, Guest Appearances, Workshops and More | Blogging Windows
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 hype train begins, BUILD sells out in less...
More
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums