Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1.    25 Feb 2017 #31
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 33
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Good day all - after letting all the downloads processes, I still received the same error message - here is a screen shot of the downloadsWindowsUpdate.log that were installed, screenshot of the registry and copy of the windows update log showing where service 117cab2d-82b1-4b5a-a08c-4d62dbee7782 first appeared. I think my next step will be to do a RESET and see if the system will make corrections.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	122710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	122711
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    25 Feb 2017 #32
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,966
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by kaltland View Post
    Good day all - after letting all the downloads processes, I still received the same error message - here is a screen shot of the downloadsWindowsUpdate.log that were installed, screenshot of the registry and copy of the windows update log showing where service 117cab2d-82b1-4b5a-a08c-4d62dbee7782 first appeared. I think my next step will be to do a RESET and see if the system will make corrections.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_3.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	122710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	122711
    Good morning, again. Yes, a reset would keep all your data, NOT you apps and progs, but all your docs, pics, etc. And completely re-install Windows. If that doesn't do it.......well, only really one thing left. Best of luck to you, Kathleen. Keep us posted!

    TC
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    25 Feb 2017 #33
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,460
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Just to add to TC and Steves posts Kathleen.
    When you get your computer repaired and running fine, I suggest that you install and use Macrium Reflect image backup program, its a free backup program, and FAR better than windows backup. Make regular complete image backups, when your system is running good, keep them stored on a 2nd hard drive. Then make your bootable Macrium Reflect USB version. This will give you insurance in the future, and also save you from re-installing your Windows, and having to re-install all your personal programs. Many of us here use Macrium Reflect. Link below....
    Macrium Reflect Free
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    25 Feb 2017 #34
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,457
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    @kaltland, I have a different edition of Windows 10, I assume. I have another entry in the registry than you do, but my key that you are questioning is set the same as yours. Maybe you are looking at the wrong thing.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	122715

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Services\Pending\117cab2d-82b1-4b5a-a08c-4d62dbee7782
    Last edited by essenbe; 25 Feb 2017 at 08:27.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    25 Feb 2017 #35
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 33
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thanks for all the posting and essenbe for telling me this information. I have Windows 10 home , so maybe that is why you have one more service number then I do. Do you get an error message when your updates use the pending service? Maybe I should be looking more into the error code 0x80040154.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Feb 2017 #36
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,966
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    @kaltland, I have a different edition of Windows 10, I assume. I have another entry in the registry than you do, but my key that you are questioning is set the same as yours. Maybe you are looking at the wrong thing.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	122715
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltland View Post
    Thanks for all the posting and essenbe for telling me this information. I have Windows 10 home , so maybe that is why you have one more service number then I do. Do you get an error message when your updates use the pending service? Maybe I should be looking more into the error code 0x80040154.
    Just to add to the mystery, I have that, too. But without the "Register" sub-key. This is Insider.....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-25_08h20_03.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	122716
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    25 Feb 2017 #37
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,460
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by kaltland View Post
    Thanks for all the posting and essenbe for telling me this information. I have Windows 10 home , so maybe that is why you have one more service number then I do. Do you get an error message when your updates use the pending service? Maybe I should be looking more into the error code 0x80040154.
    Open a command prompt Admin, then type these commands in one at a time, run each one separate.
    Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    See if they report any errors, and if the fixed them.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    25 Feb 2017 #38
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    NW Florida
    Posts : 9,457
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint

    No, I don't get that error.

    Maybe after running the commands, @OldMike65 suggested, also run sfc /scannow
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    25 Feb 2017 #39
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,966
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Entire process in one command line. Copy/paste into Admin Command Window, and press enter. Reboot after all finished.

    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    25 Feb 2017 #40
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 33
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    thanks f14tomcat, learn something new everyday. Running checkup now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Update gives error code 0x80070057
I have upgraded to build 9926. My update history now shows 'No, updates have been installed yet.' When I run Windows Update I get error code 0x80070057 Is there a way to get the updates to work?
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Windows update code error 0x80240fff
Hello, Since 26 may 2016 many people have this code error 0x80240fff when they recheach updates. ...
Windows Updates and Activation
Adding Windows Update to control panel, registry write error.
I am trying to add the windows update tab under the control panel. I have made a new notepad document on my desktop and named it Add_Windows_Update_to_Control_Panel.reg this was pasted inside the notepad Windows Registry Editor Version5.00 ...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Error Code 80200013 when I try to update windows 10
I get the error "Code 80200013" when I try to upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 from my reserved upgrade through Windows Update. Anybody knows anything? Additionally when I try to create a usb installation media through the tool (this one...
Installation and Upgrade
Upgrade from 7: Update Error Code 80200053, & MediaCreationTool error
http://puu.sh/jj8wQ/4cad6d8add.png I have tried what I believe to be everything at this point. Clearing out the update download folder and retrying the update does not help whatsoever. Forcing the update through a command prompt just gets the...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums