Activation troubleshooting  

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,453
    Thread Starter
       #281

    zbook said:
    @Superfly

    The scripts in post #1 when clicked displayed text.

    How do you run each of the three scripts now?

    In this thread:
    Open as takes too long | Windows 11 Forum

    The V2 licensing displayed:

    Error processing arguments.

    Error Code 0x80070057

    If possible I'd like to view the results after running the three scripts.
    Right click the .ps1 - select run with Powershell - does that not work?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 40,425
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #282

    For A:
    download > extract all > open > worked

    Not yet able to run B or C by right or left click.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7,580
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #283

    Do not put the scripts into a folder whose path contains a quotation mark or an apostrophe.
    Right-click on the scripts --> Run with PowerShell.
    What happens when you click on "Run with PowerShell"?
    Post a screenshot.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 40,425
    windows 10 professional version 1607 build 14393.969 64 bit
       #284

    Code:
    A.  Activation Diagnostic Tool (Checks MS Office activation with basic Windows activation data only)
    
    B.  LicensingDiag.ps1 (No MS Office data but extended Windows activation data collection (i.e Digital Licencing)
    
    C.  Get-SlmgrError.ps1 (Check error codes for their description - not all error codes are covered.)



    The R click PS option was not seen initially.

    It required the show in folder step.


    A worked as per the earlier post.

    B was downloaded using Edge > clicked on show in folder > then there was a right click option to run in PS > this worked


    C displayed:
    Please enter an error code:


    An error code was not tried yet.


    So all appear to work when clicking show in folder followed by R click run in PS.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3,453
    Thread Starter
       #285

    zbook said:
    Code:
    A.  Activation Diagnostic Tool (Checks MS Office activation with basic Windows activation data only)
    
    B.  LicensingDiag.ps1 (No MS Office data but extended Windows activation data collection (i.e Digital Licencing)
    
    C.  Get-SlmgrError.ps1 (Check error codes for their description - not all error codes are covered.)
    The R click PS option was not seen initially.

    It required the show in folder step.


    A worked as per the earlier post.

    B was downloaded using Edge > clicked on show in folder > then there was a right click option to run in PS > this worked


    C displayed:
    Please enter an error code:


    An error code was not tried yet.


    So all appear to work when clicking show in folder followed by R click run in PS.
    OIC... yes it must be run from a File explorer window.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,241
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #286

    I've run into a serious reactivation problem. I replaced the motherboard in the PC because the old one failed. When I run win10, of course, it complains about not being activated. I activated it earlier by upgrading from Win7 Pro to Win10, and then when I moved to this PC, I ran the Activation Wizard and it reactivated without issue -- as it is a retail license. But this time, I get an error code 0xC004F034 and the wizard is not working.

    I did the two powershell scripts and the error code script simply says "not found" for that error code.

    Here is the code:
    PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> x:\Downloads\Get-SlmgrError.ps1 -ErrorCode 0xC004F034
    Run only scripts that you trust. While scripts from the internet can be useful, this script can potentially harm your
    computer. If you trust this script, use the Unblock-File cmdlet to allow the script to run without this warning
    message. Do you want to run X:\Downloads\Get-SlmgrError.ps1?
    [D] Do not run [R] Run once [S] Suspend [?] Help (default is "D"): r
    Error not found
    Press Enter to exit
    The script says the license code is invalid, but I know it is a good one because I used it originally to activate this copy of Windows when I did the upgrade to Win10 from Win7. I have been using a local ID, but changed to MSN ID to run the activation troubleshooter -- but that has not solved the problem.

    I did the "slui" stuff but do not get the screen allowing me to contact MS and get a new product key. It provided the following information:
    License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code:
    hr=0x803F7001
    I called 1-888-571-2048, went through all the steps but when it asks about the error code, it does not list mine and says I have to use the activation troubleshooter, which sends me back to step 1.

    I don't want to have to BUY another license -- so what can I do now?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 14,622
    Windows10
       #287

    Mark Phelps said:
    I've run into a serious reactivation problem. I replaced the motherboard in the PC because the old one failed. When I run win10, of course, it complains about not being activated. I activated it earlier by upgrading from Win7 Pro to Win10, and then when I moved to this PC, I ran the Activation Wizard and it reactivated without issue -- as it is a retail license. But this time, I get an error code 0xC004F034 and the wizard is not working.

    I did the two powershell scripts and the error code script simply says "not found" for that error code.

    Here is the code:

    The script says the license code is invalid, but I know it is a good one because I used it originally to activate this copy of Windows when I did the upgrade to Win10 from Win7. I have been using a local ID, but changed to MSN ID to run the activation troubleshooter -- but that has not solved the problem.

    I did the "slui" stuff but do not get the screen allowing me to contact MS and get a new product key. It provided the following information:

    I called 1-888-571-2048, went through all the steps but when it asks about the error code, it does not list mine and says I have to use the activation troubleshooter, which sends me back to step 1.

    I don't want to have to BUY another license -- so what can I do now?
    Just enter the W7 Pro retail key at "Change Product Key" link in activation menu. I did this recently.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,241
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #288

    cereberus said:
    Just enter the W7 Pro retail key at "Change Product Key" link in activation menu. I did this recently.
    OK, I will try that but when I did the slui command with that key, it says it is invalid.

    UPDATE: I did that, and it worked!!

    Thanks for the advice.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 165
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       #289

    All’s well that ends well, but I remember having read somewhere (maybe from Microsoft) that linking one’s license to one’s Windows Live ID can help iron out some activation issues. Not that I did it myself if you ask me, lol…
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 14,622
    Windows10
       #290

    NovHak said:
    All’s well that ends well, but I remember having read somewhere (maybe from Microsoft) that linking one’s license to one’s Windows Live ID can help iron out some activation issues. Not that I did it myself if you ask me, lol…
    OP tried that but it can be hit or miss. If you have a retail key, just enter it as I said.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:49.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums