Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 129
    Win 10 Pro 64bit - Build 18363.476 - Version 1909
       #1

    Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?


    Having trouble with 10 updating...notice the following recently per the attached jpg.

    All updates - Win 10 and other programs - appear to be failing. Not sure when this started but can't figure out how to fix it ?

    Also the new Anniversary Update never completed downloading...took hours to get to 99%...but then stayed there for over 20 hours ?

    1st where do I start to get just regular updates (weeks and weeks apparently) to actually download install without failing as per attached jpg ? Anniversary update can be addressed later ?

    Thanks....TRinAz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?-failed-updates.jpg  
      My Computer

  2. vgchat's Avatar
    Posts : 410
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    Hi, have you ran DISM yet as per this article?
    How to Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with the SFC and DISM Commands

    Run the DISM Command to Fix SFC Problems

    On Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, the Deployment Image & Servicing Management tool can fix component store corruption that prevents the SFC command from working properly.
    To run this command, open a Command Prompt as administrator. Type the following command and press Enter. DISM will check your Windows component store for corruption and automatically fix any problems it finds.
    Code:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Allow the command to finish running before closing the Command Prompt window. This may take five to ten minutes. Itís normal for the progress bar to stay at 20 percent for a while, so donít worry about that.
    If the DISM command changed anything, restart your computer afterwards. You can now run the SFC command again and it would be able to replace any corrupted files with the correct ones.

    Again open cmd prompt as a Admin and run this to run the mentioned SFC command.

    Code:
    sfc /scannow

      My Computer

  3. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,685
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #3

    There are great tutorials by Brink on how to reset windows-update

    Or you can download Windows anniversary ISO from MS and do an inplace-upgrade. This may be even faster :)


      My Computers


  4. Posts : 129
    Win 10 Pro 64bit - Build 18363.476 - Version 1909
    Thread Starter
       #4

    vgchat said:
    Hi, have you ran DISM yet as per this article?
    How to Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with the SFC and DISM Commands

    Run the DISM Command to Fix SFC Problems

    On Windows 10, 8.1, and 8, the Deployment Image & Servicing Management tool can fix component store corruption that prevents the SFC command from working properly.
    To run this command, open a Command Prompt as administrator. Type the following command and press Enter. DISM will check your Windows component store for corruption and automatically fix any problems it finds.
    vgchat said:
    Code:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    Allow the command to finish running before closing the Command Prompt window. This may take five to ten minutes. Itís normal for the progress bar to stay at 20 percent for a while, so donít worry about that.
    If the DISM command changed anything, restart your computer afterwards. You can now run the SFC command again and it would be able to replace any corrupted files with the correct ones.

    Again open cmd prompt as a Admin and run this to run the mentioned SFC command.

    Code:
    sfc /scannow


    Thanks for the quick reply...ran the C:\Windows\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth with administrtive priviliges but got the attached jpg 'error" Did not continue with
    sfc /scannow

    What do I do now to get DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to run correctly ?

    Thanks...TRinAz

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Win 10 Pro 64 no longer updates - apparently a number of weeks now?-dism-report.jpg  
      My Computer

  5. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,685
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #5

    Trinaz, you need an ISO of Windows build (same as running) and point DISM command to it.

    There are a lot of similar threads already on this forums.. follow instructions in this one (post) #2 - or any other

    davidhk posted: (link doesn't work anymore - find it in post above...

    Use the Tech Bench link to download your version of Windows 10
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench
    Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there

    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

    When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 129
    Win 10 Pro 64bit - Build 18363.476 - Version 1909
    Thread Starter
       #6

    OK...thanks...will work on this later...off to work now...hopefully I'll get this figured out in next day or two following your advice

    TRinAz
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 129
    Win 10 Pro 64bit - Build 18363.476 - Version 1909
    Thread Starter
       #7

    apparently the iso file is no longer at this s link...can you provide a current or different link for the Win 10 Pro 64 bit anniversary iso file to try ?

    thanks...Tim
      My Computer

  8. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,685
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #8

    trinaz said:
    apparently the iso file is no longer at this s link...can you provide a current or different link for the Win 10 Pro 64 bit anniversary iso file to try ?

    thanks...Tim
    Here are tutorials.. windows-10-iso-download. I would recommend inplace upgrade. Download ISO and instead of DISM, just mount it and run setup. It will bring you to Windows anniversary.
      My Computers

  9. EdTittel's Avatar
    Posts : 4,131
    Windows 10
       #9

    Hey, AndreTen!
    Love the mount of the ISO to provide the location for DISM. I've often struggled with getting the syntax for the /source attribute right when simply pointing to the ISO itself. This makes it more compact and easier to follow. Thanks!
    --Ed--
      My Computers

  10. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,685
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #10

    EdTittel said:
    Hey, AndreTen!
    Love the mount of the ISO to provide the location for DISM. I've often struggled with getting the syntax for the /source attribute right when simply pointing to the ISO itself. This makes it more compact and easier to follow. Thanks!
    --Ed--
    It was often advised here by pros, Ed :)
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums