Windows 10: update KB3194496 : new error 10 in event log. AppReadiness/Admin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

  1. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       04 Oct 2016 #31

    Add me to the ever growing list. I've tried everything mentioned here and elsewhere - no joy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Oct 2016 #32

    Soyabeaner said: View Post
    As a workaround, I eliminated the errors by disabling the App Readiness service. I don't use any Microsoft apps anyway, so this doesn't affect me.
    How, I don't use that crap either, thanks.

    Disregard, had a brain fart, but it did stop it, thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    05 Oct 2016 #33

    Windows 10 Home 64 bit on 2 pcs (desktop and laptop).
    KB3194496 installed fine and everything is working on both.
    Event id 214 and 10 for Microsoft.Accounts.Control and Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost on the laptop.
    Tried all the usual fixes with no success ..... sfc(not problems found), dism(no problems found), windows store and update troubleshooter(no problems found)

    Looking into the errors on Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows Store apps (Windows) I got a hint on a registry key. So I looked at the 2 registries and after some digging the desktop was showing LastReturnValue of 0, but laptop showed 80073cf9 (the other values where the same). Desktop didn't show any sub keys in the UpdatedApplications, but laptop showed 2. I did the following then rebooted. The 214 and 10 errors disappeared.

    Since this is dealing with the registry, try at your own risk and remember to create a restore point before editing the registry

    1. In windows registry, navigate to the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\S-1-5-21-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-1001

    2. Look for the following 2 sub keys.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    3. Check the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\UpdatedApplicatio ns

    4. Delete the 2 sub keys if they exist.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 41
    10Pro 64bit
       05 Oct 2016 #34

    Eagle51 said: View Post

    1. In windows registry, navigate to the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\S-1-5-21-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-1001

    2. Look for the following 2 sub keys.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    3. Check the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\UpdatedApplicatio ns

    4. Delete the 2 sub keys if they exist.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    It's working!!

    THANK YOU!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 627
    Windows 10 1703 Pro 64
       05 Oct 2016 #35

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\S-1-5-21-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-1001

    2. Look for the following 2 sub keys.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0) Already 0
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0) Already 0
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    3. Check the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\UpdatedApplicatio ns

    4. Delete the 2 sub keys if they exist. No Sub Keys

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    See my comments in red still have errors.

    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Oct 2016 #36

    Works, happy but this just came back; can anyone tell me how to get rid of this for good, thanks: BITS has encountered an error communicating with an Internet Gateway Device. ID 16393
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 41
    10Pro 64bit
       06 Oct 2016 #37

    ***




      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 Oct 2016 #38

    Eagle51 said: View Post
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit on 2 pcs (desktop and laptop).
    KB3194496 installed fine and everything is working on both.
    Event id 214 and 10 for Microsoft.Accounts.Control and Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost on the laptop.
    Tried all the usual fixes with no success ..... sfc(not problems found), dism(no problems found), windows store and update troubleshooter(no problems found)
    [...]
    Dear Eagle51... your solution worked in my case. I thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    06 Oct 2016 #39

    Eagle51 said: View Post
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit on 2 pcs (desktop and laptop).
    KB3194496 installed fine and everything is working on both.
    Event id 214 and 10 for Microsoft.Accounts.Control and Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost on the laptop.
    Tried all the usual fixes with no success ..... sfc(not problems found), dism(no problems found), windows store and update troubleshooter(no problems found)

    Looking into the errors on Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows Store apps (Windows) I got a hint on a registry key. So I looked at the 2 registries and after some digging the desktop was showing LastReturnValue of 0, but laptop showed 80073cf9 (the other values where the same). Desktop didn't show any sub keys in the UpdatedApplications, but laptop showed 2. I did the following then rebooted. The 214 and 10 errors disappeared.

    Since this is dealing with the registry, try at your own risk and remember to create a restore point before editing the registry

    1. In windows registry, navigate to the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\S-1-5-21-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-1001

    2. Look for the following 2 sub keys.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    3. Check the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\UpdatedApplicatio ns

    4. Delete the 2 sub keys if they exist.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    Yes It's working
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    06 Oct 2016 #40

    Eagle51 said: View Post
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit on 2 pcs (desktop and laptop).
    KB3194496 installed fine and everything is working on both.
    Event id 214 and 10 for Microsoft.Accounts.Control and Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost on the laptop.
    Tried all the usual fixes with no success ..... sfc(not problems found), dism(no problems found), windows store and update troubleshooter(no problems found)

    Looking into the errors on Troubleshooting packaging, deployment, and query of Windows Store apps (Windows) I got a hint on a registry key. So I looked at the 2 registries and after some digging the desktop was showing LastReturnValue of 0, but laptop showed 80073cf9 (the other values where the same). Desktop didn't show any sub keys in the UpdatedApplications, but laptop showed 2. I did the following then rebooted. The 214 and 10 errors disappeared.

    Since this is dealing with the registry, try at your own risk and remember to create a restore point before editing the registry

    1. In windows registry, navigate to the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\S-1-5-21-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-1001

    2. Look for the following 2 sub keys.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    LastReturnValue = 80073cf9 ..... (CHANGE TO 0)
    NumberOfAttempts = 00000001
    Path = C:\\WINDOWS\\SystemApps\\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\\AppxManifest.xml

    3. Check the following key.

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\UpdatedApplicatio ns

    4. Delete the 2 sub keys if they exist.

    Microsoft.AccountsControl_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy ..... (DELETE)
    Thanks for posting that.

    Seems to have fixed it for now, probably the next CU will break it again
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer... in Performance & Maintenance
Windows 10 Home 64 bit ASUS X540LA Notebook What is going on here and what is the best for dealing with this? The AppID seems to be designating RuntimeBroker, but I have done everything so far to correct this error. What am I missing? Log...
After last W10 update, Build 187, I have in Event Viewer several errors related to AppReadiness. 101621101622
Hi Yet again, Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much as I have on whatever forum. Let me explain the problem: I'm...
Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Welcome, I have a problem. Every day I have this error in event viewer, system log: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file):\??\C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56.
Find Us