Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Nov 2015
    Posts : 23
    win 10
       30 Sep 2016 #11

    rboris said: View Post
    I have been winnowing down errors in my event log and was succeeding until today.
    Installed update KB3194496 (I am not on any preview streams).
    And got the following error:

    The Appx operation 'RegisterPackageAsync' on 'Microsoft.AccountsControl_10.0.14393.206_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy' failed for user. . . .

    I don't have a clue what this is about.

    Thanks for your help.
    Just want to join the chorus here, and say that I am getting quite a few of the errors, mentioned in this thread. I don't have a great deal of knowledge, but wanted to report these errors as well.

    This is occurring on two computers, but both machines seem to be running with no issues. Both computers are running windows 10 home.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       30 Sep 2016 #12

    Hi guys, I just registered here to let you know I'm also getting the 10 and 214 errors, twice each at startup and restart.. How annoying, it started yesterday after the latest update. I tried the update troubleshooter and it fixed something but still getting the errors, also tried Dism and sfc scan and nothing. I'm on Windows 10 home not pro. I did a clean install when anniversary update came out. I have no idea what to do next, what do you guys think about uninstalling yesterday's update and downloading it again?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : May 2016
    Posts : 5
    Win 10 64-bit Home Edition
       30 Sep 2016 #13

    will re-registering windows apps on all users work? Anyone tried that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2016
    Italy
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10
       01 Oct 2016 #14

    Maybe it's worth trying troubleshooting utility about apps and, if exists, about accounts. I should try it.

    fraggleroc said: View Post
    will re-registering windows apps on all users work? Anyone tried that?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
       01 Oct 2016 #15

    fraggleroc said: View Post
    will re-registering windows apps on all users work? Anyone tried that?
    Tried re-registering 'Microsoft.AccountsControl' and 'Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost' this idn't help.
    I ran sfc /scannow" and 'DISM' found errors in sfc scan but didn't help.

    I notice when I run Process Explorer that ShellExperienceHost and SearchUI are suspended till I hit the start button. They will run for a few seconds then stop again. So I am puzzled by the "install failed" in the event error because they do run.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10
       01 Oct 2016 #16

    I hope i don't have to do another clean install because of this, it's such a process to do a clean install and install all my games, programs, drivers etc.. You guys know it could take hours.
    Everything was fine before this update except I was always getting error event id 10016 on every boot up, anyone here noticed that error?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10
       01 Oct 2016 #17

    I updated to the Anniversary Update yesterday, as well as intalled the latest updates. I disabled Cortana as per instructions on another website. The above errors are new.
    Digging through the Applications and Services Log>Microsoft>Windows>ApplicationResourceManagementSystem show multiple errors related to Cortana. Has anyone else disabled Cortana and are receiving event 214 and event 10?
    I am also seeing a connection between the errors and disabling microsoft privacy controls.
    Last edited by marymmcc; 01 Oct 2016 at 14:53.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro
       01 Oct 2016 #18

    marymmcc said: View Post
    I updated to the Anniversary Update yesterday, as well as intalled the latest updates. I disabled Cortana as per instructions on another website. The above errors are new.
    Digging through the Applications and Services Log>Microsoft>Windows>ApplicationResourceManagementSystem show multiple errors related to Cortana. Has anyone else disabled Cortana and are receiving event 214 and event 10?
    I am also seeing a connection between the errors and disabling microsoft privacy controls.
    My Enterprize edition comes with Cortana not installed and I disabled it in 2 other PC's. I also have disabled all but maybe 1 or 2 privacy items, one is location services.

    hbordon727 try this for your 10016 error: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 104
    Windows 10
       01 Oct 2016 #19

    hbordon727 said: View Post
    I hope i don't have to do another clean install because of this, it's such a process to do a clean install and install all my games, programs, drivers etc.. You guys know it could take hours.
    Everything was fine before this update except I was always getting error event id 10016 on every boot up, anyone here noticed that error?
    A 'clean' system is nice, especially for OCD/anal-rententive types.^_^ But, unless something isn't working correctly, event viewer errors are often innocuous, not worth fretting over, and may be fixed in time.

    As an example, in Win 10 build 1511 there was an error that was generated at shutdown. A Microsoft FAQ stated the cause and said it was being addressed. It could be overcome by changing a registry entry, but that disabled some STORE apps. In build 1607 the error is gone.

    Yet another example: A WIA error appears at most boot-ups here. It's due to an out-of-date printer driver - nothing newer available. Yet the printer works fine. It's not worth the cost of a new printer to banish the error.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2016
    Italy
    Posts : 16
    Windows 10
       02 Oct 2016 #20

    Hi.
    I think you shouldn't do a clean install of Windows as long as your system works without problems (but some errors in the event viewer).
    I'm waiting for another update that hopefully will correct these errors (as well as for a solution on this forum). So... Hold on!

    hbordon727 said: View Post
    I hope i don't have to do another clean install because of this, it's such a process to do a clean install and install all my games, programs, drivers etc.. You guys know it could take hours. [...]
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Event Error ID 10016 in Event Viewer...
Windows 10 Home 64 bit ASUS X540LA Notebook What is going on here and what is the best for dealing with this? The AppID seems to be designating RuntimeBroker, but I have done everything so far to correct this error. What am I missing? Log...
Performance & Maintenance
Solved AppReadiness - Install Failed - Contact Vendor
After last W10 update, Build 187, I have in Event Viewer several errors related to AppReadiness. 101621101622
Performance & Maintenance
System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset
Hi Yet again, Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much as I have on whatever forum. Let me explain the problem: I'm...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer
Welcome, I have a problem. Every day I have this error in event viewer, system log: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file):\??\C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums