Windows 10: Uninstall

  1.    27 Sep 2016 #1

    Uninstall


    How do I uninstall this latest piece of garbage, every time there is an update other computers on the network are locked out of the internet, fed up with it will probably go back to Linux !!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Sep 2016 #2

    An update on one computer will have no effect on the Internet access of others.

    Tired of sounding like a broken record here, but if it was a piece of garbage, we'd all have issues. 400 million installs can't be wrong. Windows 10 is an incredibly stable OS that runs very well. My entire organization of 140 people would agree.

    Now, if you'd like to explain the issue or do something other than just rant, we'd be glad to try and help.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    27 Sep 2016 #3

    Everytime I do an update I have problems with other computers on the wired network connecting to the internet, there is file access but no Internet access, really getting fed up with it, is there a way to get rid of the latest update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Sep 2016 #4

    Auskart said: View Post
    How do I uninstall this latest piece of garbage, every time there is an update other computers on the network are locked out of the internet, fed up with it will probably go back to Linux !!!


    What piece of garbage are you talking about?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    27 Sep 2016 #5

    Auskart said: View Post
    Everytime I do an update I have problems with other computers on the wired network connecting to the internet, there is file access but no Internet access, really getting fed up with it, is there a way to get rid of the latest update.


    Are you talking about iTunes?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Sep 2016 #6

    Auskart said: View Post
    How do I uninstall this latest piece of garbage, every time there is an update other computers on the network are locked out of the internet, fed up with it will probably go back to Linux !!!
    First back up your personal data and then get a DVD/USB flash with a distro of Linux. Finally, install Linux.

    That should get er done. I suggest Linux Mint.
    Have a nice day.
    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    27 Sep 2016 #7

    Auskart said: View Post
    Everytime I do an update I have problems with other computers on the wired network connecting to the internet, there is file access but no Internet access, really getting fed up with it, is there a way to get rid of the latest update.
    The OP wants to uninstall the latest update.
    Not windows 10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 346
    Win10 x64 Pro -2 desktops, 1 laptop
       27 Sep 2016 #8

    Auskart said: View Post
    Everytime I do an update I have problems with other computers on the wired network connecting to the internet, there is file access but no Internet access, really getting fed up with it, is there a way to get rid of the latest update.
    This isn't going to help you with your problem, but I'd like to understand this better.

    At what point in the update process do the other computers have problems? During the download of the update or during the installation? It could be something as simple as the download eating all your WAN bandwidth. (Not likely, but possible if you have a slow internet connection.) If that is the case, you are probably going to have problems with Linux, too.

    On the other hand, there could be something causing your internet "modem" (or whatever device connects you to the internet) to choke. As ridiculous as this sounds, there is a well documented design flaw in a product - Acronis True Image 2017 - that causes some cable modems to reset. (Not only is it well documented, but there is a circumvention - block remote UDP ports 1900 and 5553.) I seriously doubt that there is anything in the Win10 upgrade process that causes a problem like this, but if there is, Microsoft needs to know about it. Be aware that you would need to have this very clearly and specifically documented. Otherwise you risk being accused of being under the influence of controlled substances.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 22,191
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16241
       27 Sep 2016 #9
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I have unhooked all connectors between my Lexmark Pro 915 and Windows 10 in preparation to remove its software so that I can cleanly install a new printer. I think I've completely searched all files/folders for a Lexmark uninstall and have found...
I installed Arduino software, part of which included installing a number of drivers. I uninstalled the software using the internal software uninstall feature. Apparently it removed the drivers, but for some reason they still show up in the Windows...
Uninstall Windows 10 in Installation and Upgrade
How can I uninstall Windows 10? I am having a ton of problems and no longer want to deal with them. I cannot go to the Control Panel and say Uninstall the program since the Control Panel Uninstall Programs shows only very small % of the programs I...
Uninstall in Virtualization
Hello, I discovered my system had corrupted files I ended using the ISO file and DISM and was able to clean my system finally. My question: Is it possible to un-mount the the ISO ? Is it possible to delete the ISO, being as it has done for me...
Solved Edge Uninstall? in Browsers and Email
Hi All, I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall Edge without breaking W 10. I have been able to uninstall some things that I don't use, like IE 11, the new Media Player.
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:54.
Find Us