Windows 10: Groove Player Crashes after Win10AU Update
Groove Player Crashes after Win10AU Update
Need help folks. I have 3 machines that I've recently updated to AU. Two updated with the update advisor and one required update with the ISO download. One machine an HP Pavilion Groove works fine. The other two Groove crashes immediately upon starting and I don't even have time to click the settings. I tried clearing temp, reseting IE, running SFC, uninstalling the app and then reinstalling via the app store. I'm told one solution might be change the locations Groove looks for music but it crashes so quickly I can't get to the groove settings. I'm out of ideas. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
Manufacturer/ Model numbers of both Computers experiencing crashes with Grove Music App.
Is Windows Music Player installed on both Computers?
Is Internet Explorer 11, installed? If not, install. If it is already installed then reset it.
Check and verify your settings:
Your time, date, region and language settings might not be correct on your computer, so in order to check them you need to press the Windows key + I and click the Time & language, to check your settings.
Restore default libraries:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- On the left pane find and click Libraries. In case you don’t see “Libraries” you need to click the View menu at the top of the screen and in Navigation pane drop down menu check if Show libraries is selected.
- Right click each library including Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos and delete them. By deleting and recreating libraries you won’t actually delete your files, just their libraries.
- In the left pane you need to click Libraries with right mouse button and select Restore default libraries in order to recreate the libraries, and all your data in the library folder should be available to access.
Last edited by AmericanPharaoh; 09 Aug 2016 at 19:28.
Tried that. No joy. Thanks. Any other ideas.
Actually it's affecting several apps not just Groove. I just tried reinstalling WIn10 AU with the iso. Everything seemed to go just fine but the apps still crash as soon as I start them.
Make sure your able to sign-in with your Microsoft account or Local account. Check your Store and over Apps.
Try these tutorials:
Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Run in Windows 10
Store - Re-register in Windows 10
Thanks for the advice but that didn't fix it.
I figured it out. Admin account needs full control over the windows apps folder in the C:/program files dir.
Nothing like self help. Glad you able to get sorted.
We can consider this issue closed.
I've downloaded 5 audio tracks (MP3). I can turn on the loop for each track but how do I get it to play each track one after the other and then loop back to track one?
The player just loads empty , white in colour with a few lines :mad:
I looked in search for threads regarding groove player but didn't see anything solved. Any ideas why this is happening & how to fix it?
Thanks in advance :cool:
Just out of curiousity, do you prefer using Groove Music or WMP for playing music files? I have hardly used Groove Music except for certain file types. WMP is still good as ever :) Is Microsoft going to provide future updates for it?
1. How does one clear songs from playing now?, first song I fired up was a Led Zeppelin song, the taskbar on bottom of player showing controls and song progress cant be cleared.
2. Groove didn't import 50 of my 600 albums, what's up with that?,...
Hi, in Groove music app, how do I "shuffle all" but, only from the same genre?