Windows 10: Windows Update stuck at downloading Solved


  1. Posts : 62
    Windows10 pro x64,Version 1607 build 14393.577
       04 Aug 2016 #1

    Windows Update stuck at downloading


    after an update version aka new windows 10 version, i check my window update , and its stuck.
    on downloading 0 %. already check windows update servicing, sfc, trouble shooting, dism, nothing works for me..
    a help pls?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	94050
    Last edited by Brink; 04 Aug 2016 at 08:40. Reason: moved to new thread
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 8 Enterprise
       04 Aug 2016 #2

    Hi,

    what type of connection do you use to access the Internet - mobile broadband (cellular), WiFi or Ethernet?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 62
    Windows10 pro x64,Version 1607 build 14393.577
    Thread Starter
       04 Aug 2016 #3

    werty said: View Post
    Hi,

    what type of connection do you use to access the Internet - mobile broadband (cellular), WiFi or Ethernet?
    i only have lte mobile modem, metered conection. if this a problem ?
    on previous windows version i can still update the windows.

    well im setting my data connection to unlimited and not restricted, and yet windows update still stuck on 0% after i check manually windows update
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	94115
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 8 Enterprise
       04 Aug 2016 #4

    Hi,

    I also had the same problem as you and that`s why I asked you about the Internet connection you use. Please follow these steps open Group policy editor ( in the Search type group policy ) then open Computer configuration/ Administrative templates/ Network/ WWAN Service/ WWAN Media Cost/ Set 3G Cost and Enable the policy and set it to Unrestricted - do the same thing with the 4G Cost. After that restart your PC and try to download the updates again. If you have questions don`t hesitate to ask.

    Good luck, werty
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 62
    Windows10 pro x64,Version 1607 build 14393.577
    Thread Starter
       04 Aug 2016 #5

    werty said: View Post
    Hi,

    I also had the same problem as you and that`s why I asked you about the Internet connection you use. Please follow these steps open Group policy editor ( in the Search type group policy ) then open Computer configuration/ Administrative templates/ Network/ WWAN Service/ WWAN Media Cost/ Set 3G Cost and Enable the policy and set it to Unrestricted - do the same thing with the 4G Cost. After that restart your PC and try to download the updates again. If you have questions don`t hesitate to ask.

    Good luck, werty
    ok, everything is set, and restart pc. after that i open again windows update, and check for update. and again after checking its start downloading from 0% and not progressing..any suggestion?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	94138
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 8 Enterprise
       04 Aug 2016 #6

    Hi,

    I`m running out of ideas - I`ve tried so many things that actually I don`t know which worked after all. You can try to reset the Update components - follow Option Three in this tutorial http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ate-reset.html ( I know it is for Windows 7 but works also on Windows 10 ). If that doesn`t work use Dism - RestoreHealth option. I hope this solves your problem.

    Good luck, werty
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 62
    Windows10 pro x64,Version 1607 build 14393.577
    Thread Starter
       05 Aug 2016 #7

    werty said: View Post
    Hi,

    I`m running out of ideas - I`ve tried so many things that actually I don`t know which worked after all. You can try to reset the Update components - follow Option Three in this tutorial http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ate-reset.html ( I know it is for Windows 7 but works also on Windows 10 ). If that doesn`t work use Dism - RestoreHealth option. I hope this solves your problem.

    Good luck, werty
    already do dism command and sfc..there no corruption..kinda weird ..but thanks for your help. im going to try my laptop upgrade, using unlimited wifi tomorrow (at my office) and going to see if the problem still the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 8 Enterprise
       05 Aug 2016 #8

    bayustev said: View Post
    already do dism command and sfc..there no corruption..kinda weird ..but thanks for your help. im going to try my laptop upgrade, using unlimited wifi tomorrow (at my office) and going to see if the problem still the same.
    Ok, see if the problem is still present if you use WiFi and then we will see.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 62
    Windows10 pro x64,Version 1607 build 14393.577
    Thread Starter
       06 Aug 2016 #9

    my laptop upgrade went really smooth without problems.
    but i using different method. im using windows upgrade advisor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	94446
    fatern the upgrade i run full scan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	94443
    and i think its best to upgrade with windows upgrade advisor. since ur windows will get the very last version
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	94444
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	94445
    and no problems with windows update. i guest its paid connection problem. since my laptop upgrade using unlimited connection.
    well thats all for now. thanks for your help and attention. bye see you around
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Pro/ Windows 8 Enterprise
       06 Aug 2016 #10

    Hi, I'm glad you sorted it out -if you have other issues post them in the forum.

    Good luck, werty
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Downloading updates stuck at 0% in Windows Updates and Activation
Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available: Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based...
(KB3124263) Stuck Downloading in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi another win 10 user here who has had problems receiving windows updates.Update (KB3124263) has been stuck at 45% for 3 or 4 days now.I've read some of the other threads here explaining so-called fixes but I'm not totally confident in deleting...
Solved Update KB3124200 Stuck Downloading at 52% in Windows Updates and Activation
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124200) has been stuck at downloading updates 52% for over a day. Does anyone else have this issue? How do you kill the update and try again?
Title. Screenie attached - the progress doesn't advance at all over any length of time. 30442 How do I force updates?
Did a fresh install on my Surface Pro 3 and trying to get the updates to run. I have seen it get stuck at 12%, 75%, etc. I have left it overnight with nothing running and wake up in the morning to find it in the same place percentage wise. I check...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:43.
Find Us