Can't Upgrade to 1511

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 17
    win10home64
       #1

    Can't Upgrade to 1511


    Hello, I have been following this thread and am unable to upgrade my laptop to 1511, I am on build 10240. I have followed all the steps in this thread and many other threads with no result. I will update windows defender stuff but will not upgrade to build 1511 or the latest cumulative update. sfc is clean, dism is clean. I have tried to update from an Iso from techbench and get and error right away. i have attached the windows update error logs. thanks for any insight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't Upgrade to 1511-dism.png  
    Can't Upgrade to 1511 Attached Files
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #2

    Ryantw said:
    Hello, I have been following this thread and am unable to upgrade my laptop to 1511, I am on build 10240. I have followed all the steps in this thread and many other threads with no result. I will update windows defender stuff but will not upgrade to build 1511 or the latest cumulative update. sfc is clean, dism is clean. I have tried to update from an Iso from techbench and get and error right away. i have attached the windows update error logs. thanks for any insight
    Hi.
    Do you have enough free space on your drive?
    Have you run CHKDSK?
    Open an admin command prompt and type
    Code:
    reagentc /info
    Post a screen shot of that box.

    In your log:
    Code:
    2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error                 CONX   ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
    2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error                 CONX   CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker failed. [Failed to check whether host has UEFI disk layout.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
    2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error                 CONX   ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::GetSystemVolumeNtPath: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
    2016-07-21 14:31:29, Error                 CONX   CFreeSystemPartitionDiskSpaceChecker failed. [Failed to retrieve system volume NT path.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
    Have you tried with secure boot off in your BIOS?
    A screenshot of your disk layout might be helpful as well.
    Did you upgrade from W7 or W8?
    Please fill in your system specs completely, as that will help us.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 17
    win10home64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thanks for the help. This laptop came with windows 10 home on it and I am trying to complete the updates on it. I have attached the requested things plus others that may help. I ran chkdsk with no errors. Secureboot is disabled. I attempted to update from newest iso for build 1511 and get an error shown in the error setup attachment. I have also cleared out the windows update stuff with a batch file named "Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components" from there I have started the update process over clean along with the windowsupdate trouble shooter with the same thing. The system reboots, installs the updates till 99% then says it cant finish and reverts the changes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't Upgrade to 1511-disk-management.png   Can't Upgrade to 1511-reagent.png   Can't Upgrade to 1511-setuperror.png   Can't Upgrade to 1511-updatehistory.png  
    Can't Upgrade to 1511 Attached Files
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #4

    Ryantw said:
    Thanks for the help. This laptop came with windows 10 home on it and I am trying to complete the updates on it. I have attached the requested things plus others that may help. I ran chkdsk with no errors. Secureboot is disabled. I attempted to update from newest iso for build 1511 and get an error shown in the error setup attachment. I have also cleared out the windows update stuff with a batch file named "Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components" from there I have started the update process over clean along with the windowsupdate trouble shooter with the same thing. The system reboots, installs the updates till 99% then says it cant finish and reverts the changes.
    Your recovery is disabled - that's the last thing WU does. If it can't set the goback, it fails. Try this in an admin command prompt:
    Code:
    reagentc /enable
    then see if that worked with
    Code:
    reagentc /info
    EDIT: Have you ever used a 3rd-party partition manager on this system, like EASEUS?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 17
    win10home64
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Can't Upgrade to 1511-reagentenable.png

    I have not used any third party software.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #6

    Ryantw said:
    Can't Upgrade to 1511-reagentenable.png

    I have not used any third party software.
    Code:
    2016-07-22 08:29:28, Error                 CONX   ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::HostIsUEFIDiskLayout: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
    2016-07-22 08:29:28, Error                 CONX   CHostIsUEFICompliantChecker failed. [Failed to check whether host has UEFI disk layout.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
    2016-07-22 08:29:28, Error                 CONX   ConX::Compatibility::CSystemAbstraction::GetSystemVolumeNtPath: Failed to retrieve system partition NT path.
    2016-07-22 08:29:28, Error                 CONX   CFreeSystemPartitionDiskSpaceChecker failed. [Failed to retrieve system volume NT path.] HRESULT = 0x80070003
    I am not sure, but maybe your system partition is corrupt or too small? I am not very good at partition structures. Maybe someone else can troubleshoot that for you.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 17,449
    Windows 11 Pro
       #7

    Can you get into the troubleshooting menu? Hold down the shift key when you click restart from the power icon. Then select Troubleshoot, Advanced, Command Prompt. Or it might be Advanced, Troubleshoot Command Prompt, I can't remember the order.

    Log in to troubleshooting command prompt. Then run:

    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd
    exit

    See if that fixes the problem - or if you get errors when running those commands.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 56,182
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #8

    simrick said:
    Hey TC - any ideas for Ryantc and his partition structure? :)
    I was just looking at the SFCDETAILS post. Does he still have all those errors? Bluetooth and USB errors and a bunch of stuff. Can't see anywhere what version he is on. Might want to do a WINVER. Also, can't find a posted shot of Disk Management, full screen. Can't see the partitions. His message back from reagentc may indicate reagentc cannot find the path to WinRE, the recovery partition.

    Open a admin cmd prompt, and copy/paste

    bcdedit >bcddata.txt

    press enter

    the txt file will be in the same directory (folder) as where the cmd prompt was started.

    Post that data.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #9

    f14tomcat said:
    I was just looking at the SFCDETAILS post. Does he still have all those errors? Bluetooth and USB errors and a bunch of stuff. Can't see anywhere what version he is on. Might want to do a WINVER. Also, can't find a posted shot of Disk Management, full screen. Can't see the partitions. His message back from reagentc may indicate reagentc cannot find the path to WinRE, the recovery partition.

    Open a admin cmd prompt, and copy/paste

    bcdedit >bcddata.txt

    press enter

    the txt file will be in the same directory (folder) as where the cmd prompt was started.

    Post that data.
    I asked essenbe to move his stuff to a new thread to keep things from getting too messy.
    Can't Upgrade to 1511 - Windows 10 Forums

    .
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,182
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #10

    simrick said:
    I asked essenbe to move his stuff to a new thread to keep things from getting too messy.
    Can't Upgrade to 1511 - Windows 10 Forums

    .
    Bingo..
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums