Windows 10: fbl impressive code 10049 windows update Solved

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM
       01 Apr 2015 #51

    Installing 10049 on a new VM now, I'd better start deleting some of the older ones I suppose.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,967
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       01 Apr 2015 #52

    Wynona said: View Post
    You make some pretty bad accusations, but that's OK. I will continue to test Windows 10 to the best of my ability.

    What's ironic is that I've now been accused of being both too serious about the TP and now you say I have a mixture of boredom and curiosity. Hmmm, maybe that's what it takes to check Windows 10 Technical Preview all the way.

    Oh, well, I'll continue on with my testing . . .
    Do note the word PERHAPS before "Boredom and Curiosity" and the word MAY after.
    These words were not meant to set in concrete an opinion, in other words no offence was meant.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Apr 2015 #53

    Wynona said: View Post
    Huh!?! Nope, I haven't missed any points at all! Microsoft wants feedback. Last time I checked, it wasn't limited to such a narrow margin that we don't get to check everything possible out.

    I am not bored; far from it. Curiosity kilt da ferret? Nah, I don't think so.

    You make some pretty bad accusations, but that's OK. I will continue to test Windows 10 to the best of my ability.

    What's ironic is that I've now been accused of being both too serious about the TP and now you say I have a mixture of boredom and curiosity. Hmmm, maybe that's what it takes to check Windows 10 Technical Preview all the way.

    Oh, well, I'll continue on with my testing . . .
    . . .You go Girl. . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    01 Apr 2015 #54

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c11TPvu.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	15883
    finally, got 10049 installed. Almost felt like having a wisdom tooth pulled....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14,328
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Apr 2015 #55

    Mayagrafix said: View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c11TPvu.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	15883
    finally, got 10049 installed. Almost felt like having a wisdom tooth pulled....
    I love it, love it, love it! I'm sure you created my best laugh of the day, but Microsoft should have one of those for every temperamental installation attempted.

    April Fool!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,328
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Apr 2015 #56

    dencal said: View Post
    Do note the word PERHAPS before "Boredom and Curiosity" and the word MAY after.
    These words were not meant to set in concrete an opinion, in other words no offence was meant.
    Of course; I understand legal maneuvering all too well . . . "actionable" vs "non-actionable". I am very careful to be sure I don't offend anyone with my "superior" (NOT no way nohow!) knowledge, nor do I attempt to belittle them. Please read your own statement and tell me what you see. Take out "Perhaps" and "may have" and what do you have left?

    What is left is that I am told that I'm using this OS purely for my own benefit and that nothing I do or say has any benefit to Microsoft.

    Wynona.
    You are missing the point, the title of this O/S is Evaluation.
    You are using this O/S purely for your own benefit, toys for the boys or girls come to mind.
    Perhaps a mixture of boredom or curiosity may have influenced you, but are of no benefit to M$ in the development of this O/S.
    Originally Posted by Wynona Huh!?! Nope, I haven't missed any points at all! Microsoft wants feedback. Last time I checked, it wasn't limited to such a narrow margin that we don't get to check everything possible out.

    I am not bored; far from it. Curiosity kilt da ferret? Nah, I don't think so.

    You make some pretty bad accusations, but that's OK. I will continue to test Windows 10 to the best of my ability.

    What's ironic is that I've now been accused of being both too serious about the TP and now you say I have a mixture of boredom and curiosity. Hmmm, maybe that's what it takes to check Windows 10 Technical Preview all the way.

    Oh, well, I'll continue on with my testing . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    01 Apr 2015 #57

    Testing


    Wynona said: View Post
    Of course; I understand legal maneuvering all too well . . . "actionable" vs "non-actionable". I am very careful to be sure I don't offend anyone with my "superior" (NOT no way nohow!) knowledge, nor do I attempt to belittle them. Please read your own statement and tell me what you see. Take out "Perhaps" and "may have" and what do you have left?

    What is left is that I am told that I'm using this OS purely for my own benefit and that nothing I do or say has any benefit to Microsoft.



    Originally Posted by Wynona Huh!?! Nope, I haven't missed any points at all! Microsoft wants feedback. Last time I checked, it wasn't limited to such a narrow margin that we don't get to check everything possible out.

    I am not bored; far from it. Curiosity kilt da ferret? Nah, I don't think so.

    You make some pretty bad accusations, but that's OK. I will continue to test Windows 10 to the best of my ability.

    What's ironic is that I've now been accused of being both too serious about the TP and now you say I have a mixture of boredom and curiosity. Hmmm, maybe that's what it takes to check Windows 10 Technical Preview all the way.

    Oh, well, I'll continue on with my testing . . .
    and maybe lay off the Lone Star?

      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    01 Apr 2015 #58

    10049 upgrade is painfully slow on an i5 3550 machine with 16GB of RAM. Started the download around 2PM, and started the install process about 2:35; its now 6:42 and its only at 76% (and been there for a while). I don't remember taking this long on previous versions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14,328
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Apr 2015 #59

    Roger said: View Post


    and maybe lay off the Lone Star?

    Oh, no, no, no, no . . . Sometimes the Lone Star is a very necessary part of testing, dontcha know!?!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,328
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Apr 2015 #60

    fireberd said: View Post
    10049 upgrade is painfully slow on an i5 3550 machine with 16GB of RAM. Started the download around 2PM, and started the install process about 2:35; its now 6:42 and its only at 76% (and been there for a while). I don't remember taking this long on previous versions.
    Wow, something must be wrong. I have literally half the machine you do, and it didn't take that long, even though I started the download and installation only a few hours after it became available.

    BTW, 10049 does seem to be pretty snappy.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Windows Update gives error code 0x80070057 in Windows Updates and Activation
I have upgraded to build 9926. My update history now shows 'No, updates have been installed yet.' When I run Windows Update I get error code 0x80070057 Is there a way to get the updates to work?
Solved How to fix Windows10 Update Error code 80240020 in Windows Updates and Activation
If you go to control panel windows update and got this code P.s Sorry I only have Japanese computer :/ but error code should be the same There are 2 method ,The method 2 is below :D:D ( I Recommend do the method 2 first ) ...
Windows Update won't download updates (Build 10049) in Windows Updates and Activation
The Windows Update app says (and shows) that I have updates available but never downloads and there is no option to start the download or manually download. This is a new clean install of 10049 from ISO. Running 10049 64BIT 17046
Trying to update from 10041 to 10049 in Windows Updates and Activation
16114Hello Everyone, i am trying to update to 10049, but i am being told i need 0.00 megs of space to do the updates. I have 14 Gigs of free space . i have rebooted several times, and remove unwanted apps Thanks in advance 161061610716108
No Sound after Build 10049 Update in Drivers and Hardware
After what seemed to be ages - more than 5 hours on an Intel I7 32M PC - Build 10049 finally upgraded from 10041 BUT no sound. I had this problem with Build 10041 when it updated the audio drivers but at least I could roll back the drivers to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35.
Find Us