Windows 10: Windows 10 activation Solved

  1.    03 Apr 2016 #1

    Windows 10 activation


    I need to do an upgrade install of windows 10 on another computer. I already have a windows 10 iso burned to disc. Since this is a new type of activation, where it's tied to the mobo, can I just use the same disc for that comp and do the upgrade or do I have to download another iso? It'll be a different install. It's upgrading on a different computer, with a different activated windows 7.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 12,396
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Apr 2016 #2

    You can use the same install media to install or upgrade as many computers as you want to. The install media, be it an ISO, DVD or Flash drive is not restricted, it can be used as many times as necessary.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    03 Apr 2016 #3

    Kari said: View Post
    You can use the same install media to install or upgrade as many computers as you want to. The install media, be it an ISO, DVD or Flash drive is not restricted, it can be used as many times as necessary.
    Great! So, it won't affect my main PC install of 10 activation-wise? That would make things so much simpler.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 12,396
    Windows 10 Pro
       03 Apr 2016 #4

    No. You can use the same install media as many times as you want, to install Windows to as many computers as you want to, and when ready you can give the install media to your friend for him / her to again install Windows from it to as many computers as he / she wants to.

    I have multiple computers plus even more Windows virtual machines, I never create more than one install media.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 Apr 2016 #5

    Kari said: View Post
    No. You can use the same install media as many times as you want, to install Windows to as many computers as you want to, and when ready you can give the install media to your friend for him / her to again install Windows from it to as many computers as he / she wants to.
    I have multiple computers plus even more Windows virtual machines, I never create more than one install media.
    Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Apr 2016 #6

    So I upgraded 7 to 10. Could I use the 7 key I just upgraded to 10 on another machine and upgrade that one as well?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 12,396
    Windows 10 Pro
       08 Apr 2016 #7

    Chrono said: View Post
    So I upgraded 7 to 10. Could I use the 7 key I just upgraded to 10 on another machine and upgrade that one as well?
    Short answer: No.

    Your Windows 7 product key was used to get the Windows 10 activated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Apr 2016 #8

    Kari said: View Post
    Short answer: No.

    Your Windows 7 product key was used to get the Windows 10 activated.
    Ah, okay. Bit of a bummer. Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Windows 10 activation. in Windows Updates and Activation
In january I bought a new pc. And my friend put a licenced windows 8.1. Then came the upgrade to windows 10. And evrything was ok. A while after I got windows 10 I had to get a new mother board (my old one died) and now it say's in the right...
Windows 10 - Activation in Windows Updates and Activation
I have a HP Stream PC13 which has 35 GB HD and 2GB of RAM - so things that go on it have to be watched. I bought it in May to use for studying for myself. It had Windows 8.1 and I reserved Windows 10. I thought I activated Win 8.1 which was on...
Windows 10 Activation in Windows Updates and Activation
Can't seem to get build 9926 to activate after updating; maybe it's 'cause there's so many trying that I can't get through!
Hi there anybody else got this -- trying to personalize PC -got you need to activate windows before you can personalize PC. Now what do I do !!!!!?! Is this normal (I did an UPDATE rather than a new install BTW). Cheers
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56.
Find Us