Windows 10: KB3140743 fails to update Solved

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    03 Mar 2016 #21

    simrick said: View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding.

    Can you run the WU Troubleshooter and see what errors it gives
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...20Windows%2010
    I ran the troubleshooter and it found an issue with the update system and repaired it. Unfortunately this did not correct the issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,236
    W10Prox64
       03 Mar 2016 #22

    mpoffo said: View Post
    I ran the troubleshooter and it found an issue with the update system and repaired it. Unfortunately this did not correct the issue.
    2016/03/01 19:13:50.5108504 9628 9564 ComApi ISusInternal:: DisconnectCall failed, hr=8024000C

    Can you check the Windows Modules Installer setting?

    Search "services"
    Open Services and scroll to Windows Modules Installer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows-modules-installer.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	67532

    If it's not set to Automatic, double-click to open its settings box. Use the drop down arrow and change it to Automatic.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows-modules-installer01.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	67533

    Reboot and see if this resolves things.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 11,236
    W10Prox64
       03 Mar 2016 #23

    mpoffo said: View Post
    I ran the troubleshooter and it found an issue with the update system and repaired it. Unfortunately this did not correct the issue.
    Any idea what the error was it repaired?

    The errors I listed in post in #17 were what I saw in your log. Here is the list of WU error codes from MS. I don't find any of yours in the list.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938205

    Hoping the Windows Modules Installer setting helps, 'cause, short of a clean install, (which I know you want to avoid), I am running out of ideas!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    03 Mar 2016 #24

    simrick said: View Post
    2016/03/01 19:13:50.5108504 9628 9564 ComApi ISusInternal:: DisconnectCall failed, hr=8024000C

    Can you check the Windows Modules Installer setting?

    Search "services"
    Open Services and scroll to Windows Modules Installer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows-modules-installer.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	67532

    If it's not set to Automatic, double-click to open its settings box. Use the drop down arrow and change it to Automatic.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windows-modules-installer01.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	67533

    Reboot and see if this resolves things.
    It was set to manual but I changed it to automatic. I rebooted and tried the update again and the same thing happened. I installed this on my other main desktop and it worked the first time. lol.

    I did notice a difference though in the installs. With my other PC it seemed to do them both at once. With this PC it did the first one and then I was stuck on the second. Could it be that the other update that date did not install properly? I see it listed but I cannot uninstall it to try again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Mar 2016 #25

    i got the same issue. Did scannow and chkdsk. Disable eset firewall and enabled windows. Set Windows Modules Installer to auto etc. but cum..updates are not installing.

    This is a 32bit tablet so I would want to avoid clean install
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 11,236
    W10Prox64
       04 Mar 2016 #26

    mpoffo said: View Post
    It was set to manual but I changed it to automatic. I rebooted and tried the update again and the same thing happened. I installed this on my other main desktop and it worked the first time. lol.

    I did notice a difference though in the installs. With my other PC it seemed to do them both at once. With this PC it did the first one and then I was stuck on the second. Could it be that the other update that date did not install properly? I see it listed but I cannot uninstall it to try again.
    I had one system do the same thing - install the one update and then install the second, cumulative one - - but it went through without a hitch.

    I still would like to see tried this with Norton completely uninstalled.

    Want to try a repair install with an in-place upgrade?

    Failing these two options, I am stuck with a clean install. Or, wait it out for a while.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    04 Mar 2016 #27

    I will try the Norton thing tonight and see if that is the issue. I honestly was looking at a clean install at this point. I have not done a clean install yet. The other two were done via the upgrade path. I have not been having any issues though with my system.
    Last edited by mpoffo; 04 Mar 2016 at 12:46.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,236
    W10Prox64
       04 Mar 2016 #28

    mpoffo said: View Post
    I will try the Norton thing tonight and see if that is the issue. I honestly was looking at a clean install at this point. I have not done a clean install yet. The other two were done via the upgrade path. I have not been having any issues though with my system.
    Well, if the Norton thing doesn't work, you could try the repair install first, before the clean install. A repair install is relatively quick, and you retain all apps and files.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    05 Mar 2016 #29

    You could also download the Windows 10 "Hide Updates" tool, and hide the cumulative update, then it wont bother you anymore, and you can just wait for the next patch?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    05 Mar 2016 #30

    I tried removing Norton but that did not have any impact on the issue. Thanks for the suggestion minimojoman, I have done that before but this time I think I will try a repair install.

    Thanks to Simrick and Oldman as well as others for the suggestions. There are greatly appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Related Threads
Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140743 Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 x64-Systeme (KB3139907) 67197 Build String: 10.0.10586.122.th2_release_inmarket.160222-1549 Manually download:...
Nvidia Driver Fails to Update in Windows Updates and Activation
Hello all, I'm having an issue with windows update. I have an Nvidia driver for my GTX275 that keeps failing to update. This has stopped all other pending updates. I have since disabled Windows from getting driver updates but I can't figure...
When the Windows 10 Fall update (threshold 2) was released several days ago I tried updating via Windows update; it failed to install the update several times. Yesterday it started saying that my computer was up to date and I know threshold 2 has...
Not cause by virus .. this just started today. I tried a restore point of yesterday .. nothing. I have tried several suggestions from the web but nothing seems to do it? I know it would be better if i could name them but can't remember the exact...
Store fails to update in Software and Apps
Hello! i just installed windows 10 preview and everything went fine. When i tried to open store after finishing the windows update an error prompted. There was a message saying "Well , this is embarrassing . We can't seem to start the store update...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:41.
Find Us