Windows 10: Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver

  1.    07 Feb 2016 #1

    Auto Updates 'Breaking' HP Network Printer Driver


    Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household.

    Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so impressed </sarcasm>

    Indeed so impressed that my daughter just bought a MacBook. It behaves perfectly.

    Seriously considering going over to the dark side as it appears that 'it just works' isn't just a marketing slogan.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,411
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       07 Feb 2016 #2

    DraftySatyr said: View Post
    Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household.

    Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so impressed </sarcasm>

    Indeed so impressed that my daughter just bought a MacBook. It behaves perfectly.

    Seriously considering going over to the dark side as it appears that 'it just works' isn't just a marketing slogan.
    As an Insider, it's to be expected that there will be bugs. It's the nature of the beastie.

    If you don't wish to get new builds, go to Settings>Update & Security>Advanced Options>Stop Insider Preview Builds. You should then be able to roll back to the latest Windows 10 RTM build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    07 Feb 2016 #3

    This seems to be a common issue with HP. I actually could not get one to work, and in the end, I gave up and simply deleted all the printer drivers and used my raspberry pi as a google cloud printer server to my (old) HP printer.

    Printer failed for an unrelated reason and I bought a google cloud print ready printer, so I do not even need to use the RPI now. Totally printer driver hassle free now! Also the added bonus of easily printing from tablets and mobile phones :-).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.1198
       07 Feb 2016 #4

    I must be lucky then with My HP Printer.
    All upgrades and updates gone in ok
    Printer will print from anywhere in the house using tablet, iPhone and Smart phone/
    Even the HP Drivers updated themselves
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       07 Feb 2016 #5

    DraftySatyr said: View Post
    Auto Updates have 'broken' my HP Network AIO Printer's driver. Repeatedly. On all four networked PCs/Laptops in my household.

    Requires uninstallation then re-installation of printer driver to regain network printer access/functionality. I and my family are just so impressed </sarcasm>

    Indeed so impressed that my daughter just bought a MacBook. It behaves perfectly.

    Seriously considering going over to the dark side as it appears that 'it just works' isn't just a marketing slogan.
    You have gone back to Win 8.1, or you have another computer running Win 10 ?

    I am NOT a Win 10 "fan boy".
    In fact, I am in the camp that maintains MS has pushed out a product immaturely.
    That said, I would suggest Patience, if that is acceptable to you.
    Let MS sorts things out. Win 10 might turn out to be fine....... eventually.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 26
    Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium
       10 Feb 2016 #6

    davidhk said: View Post
    You have gone back to Win 8.1, or you have another computer running Win 10 ?

    I am NOT a Win 10 "fan boy".
    In fact, I am in the camp that maintains MS has pushed out a product immaturely.
    That said, I would suggest Patience, if that is acceptable to you.
    Let MS sorts things out. Win 10 might turn out to be fine....... eventually.
    The main issue is that MS won't let users have the option of manual selection of updates as was done in the previous modern versions
    of Windows. This is a HUGE mistake, and it is destroying users confidence in 10. Myself included.

    They NEED to return the option of MANUAL update selection and installation to users that desire it, the fact is that NUMEROUS
    Windows updates that are being forced on users are causing lots of problems that often times prevent the OS from being usable at all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    11 Feb 2016 #7

    I agree with the venting towards MS over automatic updates. I don't mind Windows OS updates (security fixes etc) being automatic but I object to device driver updates being forced. I would like the option to choose whether I take a device driver update if windows locates one. So I don't want to switch off the feature entirely as it was helpful installing drivers for my Bluetooth dongle but I wouldn't want Windows 10 going anywhere near things like printer drivers and gpu drivers - I want to install these when there is a compelling reason to need to do so at my own leisure. The problem with Windows update delivering drivers is the potential to break things which were working perfectly beforehand and this is plain wrong.

    I haven't had it happen to me yet but the amount of people I have seen stitched up by the process is not good
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi Guys, I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my...
printer driver in Drivers and Hardware
Hi for all, need to install a printer driver from a cd but have a message : action blocked and have to contact admin. i m the admin and. the pilote is not on Samsung web site. how can unblock the config of win. 10 to be able to insall the driver ....
I work for a small company, with a network of 25 users. We have recently replaced 4 of the users with new Intel machines. All of the other machines on the network have retained their ability to print to the network printer after the Windows 10...
I have setup a network and printer sharing on my main lap top (mainlaptop). I have then connected another laptop (helensstudy) that has two users assigned. When the first user signs in they can print via mainlaptop no problem but if they sign...
I know Brink and Tairiku (experts I'm sure) have contributed to a solved thread "Turn Off Windows Updates" but here I am with an MBA in Finance and still somewhat confused based on what I'm trying to do. It's all about the Nvidia drivers. I...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42.
Find Us