Windows 10 Cumulative update KB316908 for version 1511 December 2nd 20


  1. Posts : 5
    windows 10 home
       #1

    Windows 10 Cumulative update KB316908 for version 1511 December 2nd 20


    Hi

    I was wondering if you could help me find this update Cumulative update KB316908 for version 1511 December 2nd 2015

    as a stand alone version. I never got it and when I hit the update button in the updates and security it shows no updates listed. I have a desktop and windows 10 home and I have the 1511 version of windows 10 and the revision number is. 10586.63
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,818
    Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 21H1 (build 19043.1202)
       #2

    Hi if you go to support link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3116908
    That will tell you if you need it and what it was for and give you the link to install it
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 13,676
    Windows10
       #3

    Kinnyr90 said:
    Hi

    I was wondering if you could help me find this update Cumulative update KB316908 for version 1511 December 2nd 2015

    as a stand alone version. I never got it and when I hit the update button in the updates and security it shows no updates listed. I have a desktop and windows 10 home and I have the 1511 version of windows 10 and the revision number is. 10586.63
    It may have been superseded by a later update.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 5
    windows 10 home
    Thread Starter
       #4

    hTconeM9user said:
    Hi if you go to support link
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3116908
    That will tell you if you need it and what it was for and give you the link to install it

    Hi I went to the site in your link and it just told me the files that particular update replaces it did not tell me if I needed the update or not. I heard this particular update replaces the version and the build. So it maybe important. Let me ask. I have 3rd party software installed and it disables automatic updates. would that have anything to do with why this particular update does not show up in my updates and security, when I click on check for updates. I was under the impression that automatic updates just meant that windows made updates on it's own without me having to do anything but If I go in and click check for updates and manually update I would still get all the updates.. Also I know this is asking for a lot but do you think you could send me the link for the direct download for this file so I could at least try and install it I went to the Microsoft update catalog but I couldn't find it. The page you sent me told me to go to the catalog for the stand alone version. Also when I go to my services and I check on the windows update entry it's there but I have to keep starting the service and the when I do start it with automatic delay on startup or something like that a few minutes later it's not started again. So I'm not sure what to do there. I really do not want to have to restore my operating system or do a reset or anything like that.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 13,676
    Windows10
       #5

    You are updated to latest version. You have probably installed a later cumulative update. Each cumulative update usually contiains all previous updates ie no need to install earlier ones. Check when last cumulative update was installed.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5,442
    windows 10 Pro ver 21H2 build 19044.1348
       #6

    Kinnyr90 said:
    Hi

    I was wondering if you could help me find this update Cumulative update KB316908 for version 1511 December 2nd 2015

    as a stand alone version. I never got it and when I hit the update button in the updates and security it shows no updates listed. I have a desktop and windows 10 home and I have the 1511 version of windows 10 and the revision number is. 10586.63
    There is no need of concern. Forget about the old update KB316908.
    You are fully updated and your Win 10 version is the most current one....... 10586.63.

    What you want to do with your computer is your decision.
    I would just make a recommendation......... uninstall that 3rd party program and let Microsoft automatically installing Windows updates.
    I won't engage myself into the "pro and con" discussion of automatic windows update.
    Just my recommendation and nothing more.
    Last edited by davidhk; 21 Jan 2016 at 12:17.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 5
    windows 10 home
    Thread Starter
       #7

    davidhk said:
    There is no need of concern. Forget about the old update KB316908.
    You are fully updated and your Win 10 version is the most current one....... 10586.63.

    What you want to do with your computer is your decision.
    I would just make a recommendation......... uninstall that 3rd party program and let Microsoft automatically installing Windows updates.
    I won't engage myself into the "pro and con" discussion of automatic windows update.
    Just my recommendation and nothing more.
    I understand.. I will uncheck that option in the 3rd party program. Cause the third party program is for other security features as well like all the tracking that windows 10 does and it removes One drive and removes Cortana. Also when I go into updates and security and click on advanced options and then click on choose how updates are delivered and it says Updates from more than one place. well this feature is turned off cause I did it. As I heard it uses bandwidth and stuff like that. But I can't turn it back on because it's grayed out. And I'm not sure that I even need to cause I don't think this has anything to do with weather I receive windows updates or not. I'm just trying to get the full windows 10 experience is all. As they say.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 13,676
    Windows10
       #8

    Kinnyr90 said:
    I understand.. I will uncheck that option in the 3rd party program. Cause the third party program is for other security features as well like all the tracking that windows 10 does and it removes One drive and removes Cortana. Also when I go into updates and security and click on advanced options and then click on choose how updates are delivered and it says Updates from more than one place. well this feature is turned off cause I did it. As I heard it uses bandwidth and stuff like that. But I can't turn it back on because it's grayed out. And I'm not sure that I even need to cause I don't think this has anything to do with weather I receive windows updates or not. I'm just trying to get the full windows 10 experience is all. As they say.
    The Windows Update Delivery Optimisation is a way of delivering the updates. If you have say two or more pcs on a lan, then first pc can receive the updates normally from internet. The second, third etc pcs then can either receive them from the internet or from first pc ie over lan. This is really good if you have multiple pcs to upgrade (one download only). If you turn off this feature on a pc, it reverts to normal internet download.

    In addition, if pcs are set to use the internet feature, your pc can download files from other pcs on internet (basically using file torrent technology). Most people definitely turn this off, partly for possible security concerns, but more because your bandwidth is used to send stuff to other users on internet. The idea of this is that the use of other pcs to deliver stuff on internet offloads demand on MS servers.


    In summary, delivery of updates over lan from other pcs on lan is actually quite good. I leave this on and when my fast pc has updated, I let my slow pc update from fast pc at its leisure, rather than hogging internet resources.

    Delivery over internet is debatable (definitely bad if limited bandwidth). I would definitely turn this off.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 62
    Windows 10 Home /Windows 7 Home
       #9

    MS should really do a better job of communicating about the significant changes with Windows Updates and how it works compared to all the previous versions. I'm pretty well versed on most things Windows and I had to still ask here as to whether or not cumulative update builds contained ALL regular windows updates, windows security updates, and .net updates, it really is confusing to users.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13,676
    Windows10
       #10

    legacy7955 said:
    MS should really do a better job of communicating about the significant changes with Windows Updates and how it works compared to all the previous versions. I'm pretty well versed on most things Windows and I had to still ask here as to whether or not cumulative update builds contained ALL regular windows updates, windows security updates, and .net updates, it really is confusing to users.
    Nothing has basically changed from previous versions except a new optional delivery system, and the fact you have less control over doing the updates.

    In fact, things have improved as MS regularly updates the download iso, so you do not to install hundreds of updates.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums