1.    09 Jan 2016 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10

    0x800705b4 ERROR


    I've been trying unsuccessfully to use Windows Update but keep getting the error code 0x800705b4. Windows Defender is turned off, and both Windows Firewall and Norton Anti-Virus has been temporarily disabled, but it still won't work. I don't know what's wrong.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    09 Jan 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,913
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by dustnik View Post
    I've been trying unsuccessfully to use Windows Update but keep getting the error code 0x800705b4. Windows Defender is turned off, and both Windows Firewall and Norton Anti-Virus has been temporarily disabled, but it still won't work. I don't know what's wrong.
    See if pages found have help:
    0x800705b4 at DuckDuckGo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    10 Jan 2016 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I already tried running the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problem. I don't understand the rest of it. Should I turn Windows Defender on??? I have it turned off now. Even with that off plus the firewall and anti-virus software turned off it doesn't work. Can you be more specific about what I should do? Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Jan 2016 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,913
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by dustnik View Post
    I already tried running the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problem. I don't understand the rest of it. Should I turn Windows Defender on??? I have it turned off now. Even with that off plus the firewall and anti-virus software turned off it doesn't work. Can you be more specific about what I should do? Thank you.
    I thought this page may have helped but the link on it to the resolutions appears to be dead:
    Found the fix for Activation error 0x800705b4
    I'd think a program should be running for it to check for and get updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Jan 2016 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I followed the link and the so-called fix costs $30.00!!! No way am I paying a cent to fix this. The computer is only 3 months old and should work. I'm only trying to download windows updates after all. Do you have any other ideas that don't involve downloading 3rd party software? I can't understand why this is such a problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    10 Jan 2016 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,913
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Quote Originally Posted by dustnik View Post
    I followed the link and the so-called fix costs $30.00!!! No way am I paying a cent to fix this. The computer is only 3 months old and should work. I'm only trying to download windows updates after all. Do you have any other ideas that don't involve downloading 3rd party software? I can't understand why this is such a problem.
    3 months old, under warranty, dealer still in business, has been communicated with?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Jan 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 26
    Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by dustnik View Post
    I followed the link and the so-called fix costs $30.00!!! No way am I paying a cent to fix this. The computer is only 3 months old and should work. I'm only trying to download windows updates after all. Do you have any other ideas that don't involve downloading 3rd party software? I can't understand why this is such a problem.
    Right you are.....the PC is less than a year old, it has a one year warranty correct? Don't even bother with it anymore simply
    set windows 10 to a factory reset and RETURN IT TO THE STORE FOR A COMPLETE REFUND OR EXCHANGE IT FOR ANOTHER NEW
    PC (different model).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
errorcode 0x800705b4
I am trying to install the following update: 12780 When I get the following error and errorcode: 12781 Any ideas what this is happening? Restarting is not helping.
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Cannot start Windows Defender: Error 0x800705b4
Hello, Today I was warned by windows 10 that my antivirus was off. I checked windows defender (the only AV I have) and it was indeed off. However when I try to start it I get an error: 48253 So then I went to services and tried to...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
Windows update error 0x800705b4
After getting Microsoft office installed and click advanced in Window update and turn on "give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows". It keep checking for updates for about 30 minutes and never finds updates and ends with...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows update error 0x800705B4 after installing the Windows 10 TH2
After installing windows 10 november update when i check for updates in windows updates it shows error code 0x800705B4
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Unable to load build 10162, error 0x800705b4
I successfully installed build 10159 when it came out (the prior builds were also successfully installed); however, when I tried to download 10162, the download appeared to be successful, but the install step failed, giving me the 0x800705b4 error...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums