Windows 10: Latest update failed

  1.    05 Dec 2015 #1

    Latest update failed


    I got this message when I logged on Saturday Dec 5, 2015. Went to check for updates, expecting NONE and got this message, Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) - Error 0x800706 Any ideas or suggestions for a fix??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    05 Dec 2015 #2

    keithet said: View Post
    I got this message when I logged on Saturday Dec 5, 2015. Went to check for updates, expecting NONE and got this message, Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) - Error 0x800706 Any ideas or suggestions for a fix??
    Lots of folks had same problem with this latest update. You can install this update manually if you wish. This command will work for the 64 bit version.

    dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\c4a1b8896ce9fbfea96c1ee6890d52a5\windows10.0-kb3122947-x64.cab
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    05 Dec 2015 #3

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Lots of folks had same problem with this latest update. You can install this update manually if you wish. This command will work for the 64 bit version.

    dism /online /add-package /packagepath:C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\c4a1b8896ce9fbfea96c1ee6890d52a5\windows10.0-kb3122947-x64.cab
    Thank you so much. How does anyone get along without the help offered on this forum?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    05 Dec 2015 #4

    keithet said: View Post
    Thank you so much. How does anyone get along without the help offered on this forum?
    Thanks, and glad it worked for you!!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 138
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit BETA
       06 Dec 2015 #5

    This update tries to get and restore the affected privacy settings from old user profile located in \WINDOWS.OLD\
    if you removed that directory (disk cleanup), the update might or will fail

    to get rid of the update (it's failing or just don't want it), go to this registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup
    and delete this value
    UninstallSourceVersion
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Latest 7-Zip Update in Software and Apps
Latest 7-Zip Version 16.04 (2016-10-04) for Windows http://7-zip.org/ Changelog: http://7-zip.org/history.txt 16.04 2016-10-04 ------------------------- - The bug was fixed: 7-Zip 16.03 exe installer under Vista didn't create...
Hi folks, When windows 10 was first released I downloaded it and burned to DVD using the media creation tool from Microsoft. As windows 10 has now had a major update, and I want to create a DVD with that update on it, without having to...
Not Able To Get Latest Update (TH2) in Windows Updates and Activation
I recently did a reset on my Windows 10 laptop and it reset to version 10240. I am not being prompted to update to the latest version via Windows Update. How do I trigger the update to send TH2?
latest update failed on me just now..... in Windows Updates and Activation
Hey guys, Well today i want to update and there where 2 available (do not recall what ...) so i started the update, hoping that my Homegroup would be fixed. But then i get the blue screen with the HUGE text Update ran into an error...Could...
Hi there I have a decent FAST internet -- but latest update (only a security update) seems to be taking LONGER than the ENTIRE update I did going from 10162 to 10240. 15 mins and STILL only at 6% ??? for a small security update. I know my...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38.
Find Us