Windows 10: There were some problems installing updates 0x80070424

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    22 Nov 2015 #1

    There were some problems installing updates 0x80070424


    i used your bat file as a admin user in my laptop. (win 10 x64)
    but i still not get solution.
    i am getting same error code: 0x80070424
    "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424)"

    pls help anyone..
    thnx..
    Last edited by Brink; 22 Nov 2015 at 15:28. Reason: moved to new thread
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 2,554
    Windows 10 Home x64: 1607 Redstone (1) Build 14393.198
       22 Nov 2015 #2

    See if this helps you may have to read the comments to find what to do
    See Source
    Windows Update error number0x80070424 - Microsoft Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       22 Nov 2015 #3

    sahil92 said: View Post
    i used your bat file as a admin user in my laptop. (win 10 x64)
    but i still not get solution.
    i am getting same error code: 0x80070424
    "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x80070424)"

    pls help anyone..
    thnx..
    1.Is that the .bat file you were talking about ?
    If not the same, use this tutorial to reset Windows Update :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    Click the Download button and follow the instructions from #2 to #5.

    2. If that does not help, create another user account with exactly the same privileges > logon to it and see if you have problem doing updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Dec 2015 #4

    davidhk said: View Post
    1.Is that the .bat file you were talking about ?
    If not the same, use this tutorial to reset Windows Update :
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html
    Click the Download button and follow the instructions from #2 to #5.

    2. If that does not help, create another user account with exactly the same privileges > logon to it and see if you have problem doing updates.
    yes i already refered your link:
    Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    but dont get solution.

    and i also tried 2 times to create another Admin user account,
    but i cant create it .
    when i tried to create new user account, its around 15-20 min taken but i dont get desktop screen.
    at last i press "Ctrl+Alt+Del" and do sign out.
    after sign out, i do sign in,
    its improperly created, but then i tried your .bat file
    but again its unable to solve my problem.

    pls help to solve my this issue (0x80070424).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       06 Dec 2015 #5

    Would you mind doing a repair install of Windows 10 ?

    Here is the link to Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

    Here is the link to Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

    You can use either one of them.
    Let's use MCT as example :
    Download the Tool and then run it > select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the iso file to your computer.
    When it is done, Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe > follow the prompts from then on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Dec 2015 #6

    davidhk said: View Post
    Would you mind doing a repair install of Windows 10 ?

    Here is the link to Media Creation Tool (MCT)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

    Here is the link to Tech Bench
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

    You can use either one of them.
    Let's use MCT as example :
    Download the Tool and then run it > select Create installation media for another PC
    That will begin downloading the iso file to your computer.
    When it is done, Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe > follow the prompts from then on.
    from this tool, i downloaded iso file (3.04 GB) as you said,
    but after i mount it > open Setup.exe > it want product key .

    now what?
    how can i update my OS with out product key ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       08 Dec 2015 #7

    sahil92 said: View Post
    from this tool, i downloaded iso file (3.04 GB) as you said,
    but after i mount it > open Setup.exe > it want product key .

    now what?
    how can i update my OS with out product key ?
    Assuming your Windows 10 is activated.
    Is the iso you downloaded corresponding to ...............
    1. Same Windows 10 version as before, i.e. Windows 10 or Windows Pro.
    2. Same language as before.
    3. Same bit version as before, i.e. 32-bit or 64-bit.

    If answer to the above is Yes, then when you are asked for product key, is there a SKIP option at the bottom ?
    If yes, click it and continue.
    After installation is completed, it should be activated automatically.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    08 Dec 2015 #8

    davidhk said: View Post
    Assuming your Windows 10 is activated.
    Is the iso you downloaded corresponding to ...............
    1. Same Windows 10 version as before, i.e. Windows 10 or Windows Pro.
    2. Same language as before.
    3. Same bit version as before, i.e. 32-bit or 64-bit.

    If answer to the above is Yes, then when you are asked for product key, is there a SKIP option at the bottom ?
    If yes, click it and continue.
    After installation is completed, it should be activated automatically.
    that was no any selection enable in MediaCreationTool
    all options ate already per-selected (unchangeable)..
    i am using "Windows 10 Home Single Language" (x64)

    and i dont get any SKIP button in that downloaded ISO setup file
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       08 Dec 2015 #9

    sahil92 said: View Post
    that was no any selection enable in MediaCreationTool
    all options ate already per-selected (unchangeable)..
    i am using "Windows 10 Home Single Language" (x64)

    and i dont get any SKIP button in that downloaded ISO setup file
    1. Uncheck the box that says " Use the recommended options for this PC >
    2. At the Edition, click the pointer and select Windows 10.
    3. At Architecture, click the pointer and select 64-bit
    4. At Language, click the pointer and select the same language your computer has been using.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Media Creation Tool.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	52689
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    13 Dec 2015 #10

    sahil92 said: View Post
    that was no any selection enable in MediaCreationTool
    all options ate already per-selected (unchangeable)..
    i am using "Windows 10 Home Single Language" (x64)

    and i dont get any SKIP button in that downloaded ISO setup file

    @davidhk :thnx a lot
    before some day i tried your 2nd option : "http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench"
    from this link i downloaded other ISO file having version of my installed OS.
    i successfully updated OS from that ISO.
    so then my update issue is solved automatically..
    thnx again..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
"There were problems installing some updates" fix? in Windows Updates and Activation
Keep trying to install an update and this error keeps popping up..
Hey guys first i want too thank U guys to take your precious time to look at this thread So guys my problem is Mail, People, Calendar apps whenever i want to add an account and choose any of the accounts . it will gave me an Error code:...
Solved Problems installing W10 to a clean/new SSD. in Installation and Upgrade
So i just bought a bigger SSD to install w10 on and the installer runs fine right up until the first restart. Computer restarts and the W10 installer is back at the start where I select the language. Im installing from an USB boot stick which I made...
I currently have windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (32-bit) on my laptop and I intend to upgrade to Windows 10. How to do that ? As far as I know, there is no windows 10 update for windows 7 enterprise ! Please help. Do I need to install windows 7...
Problems Installing Updates in Windows Updates and Activation
For some reason, I'm getting an announcement that my updates didn't install. 12520 Is anyone else getting this problem?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:30.
Find Us