Windows 10: Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue
Airplane Mode & Wifi & Location issue
After updating two recently purchased Asus laptops and doing the fall update --
1. Both bootup with Airplane Mode on... half-compromising wifi. This means you can surf but maybe mail won't work properly.
2. With location services OFF -- the location 'circle' icon temporarily visits taskbar for a minute
I've been Googling on and off all day and suspect #2 conflicts with system and generates #1.
All over the web since Windows 8 people have complained about Airplane Mode being on and lockup and unable to unlock it. But this only happens for me if location services is ALSO on. If it isn't you can simply click the button in Action Center... well, click it TWICE... and it turns off. (Airplane Mode will turn itself back on after sleep or a reboot.)
Two weird behaviors --
1. Airplane Mode will be clearly turned OFF in settings but ON in action center.
2. Locations will be OFF in settings but momentarily ON in taskbar.
Kinda found two maybe solutions --
1. I did steps one and two from this page --
How to Fix Airplane Mode Issues in Windows 10
2. What I noticed after much trial and error is that a restart triggers this problem... whereas a complete shutdown and a boot eliminates it. THIS SCREAMS WIN10 BUG
How to Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Windows 10
Airplane mode is a setting that gives you a quick way to turn off all wireless communication on your PC. As the name implies, it's especially useful when you're on an airplane. Wireless...
I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and when using Edge the airplane mode keeps going on. I put it to off in network and airplane mode then it goes to the internet but as soon as I do anything airplane mode comes back on keeping me from getting...
I have windows 10 pro and in my notifications and action center, airplane mode is in blue and wont let me turn it off, I'm using a desktop and not a laptop anyway to fix this or is this normal?
Also in the notification and action center, the...
I facing this problem in my laptop Asus A455LF, with Windows 10 Pro x64
I can connect to my wifi, but the airplane mode is always on
and theres no way to turn it off or switch it off.
when the slider try to turn off, its automaticly back to on...
Everytime I use edge and hit the enter key airplane mode turns on. I have turned it off many times in both the airplane mode feature and in the network feature but it keeps turning back on. Anyone know how I can completely disable airplane mode -...