Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    03 Oct 2015 #21
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,288
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Paawan View Post
    It is not letting me do a upgrade the upgrade option is asking for a product key and I am not able to skip the step. It is only allowing me to skip the product key step in the clean install option.
    What should I do now?
    You have to make sure the Win 8.1 reinstall is reactivated, not just assume because it's a factory reset. See tutorial here: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...-8-online.html and use the options and activation means appropriate to your particular version and license. There are command line methods (which NavyLCDR is well versed in) that you can also use to get an exact picture of activation, license type, and exact Win8.1 version that will confirm activation before you proceed to the WIn10 upgrade (and that is confirmed to match your exact Win 8.1 version).
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Oct 2015 #22
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,552
    Windows 10 Pro

    From a command prompt type "slmgr /ato" without the quotes. What does the return say exactly?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    04 Oct 2015 #23
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	41023
    See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

    "slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    04 Oct 2015 #24
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,288
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Paawan View Post
    See the windows is activated. And this is the screen which asks the product key. I can only skip this step if I boot from the dvd and select the clean install option.

    "slmg /ato" returns Activating Windows core single language edition (a string of numbers and alphabets)
    Product activated successfully.
    The DVD needs to be for "Windows 10 Home Single Language" according to Brink's Tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html See the tables entitled "Upgrade Editions". Are you sure the DVD contains the appropriate edition?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    04 Oct 2015 #25
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    The DVD needs to be for "Windows 10 Home Single Language" according to Brink's Tutorial here: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html See the tables entitled "Upgrade Editions". Are you sure the DVD contains the appropriate edition?
    Although I asked my friend to download the home edition only but still is there a way to confirm?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    04 Oct 2015 #26
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,288
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Paawan View Post
    Although I asked my friend to download the home edition only but still is there a way to confirm?
    Although you may be able to verify the edition on the DVD, I'm not sure what that is right now. You might ask your friend how and from where they downloaded the iso. By this route, for instance: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench , there is a drop down selection for the edition to download and they should note that there are separate choices for "Windows 10" and "Windows 10 Single Language".
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Oct 2015 #27
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    Although you may be able to verify the edition on the DVD, I'm not sure what that is right now. You might ask your friend how and from where they downloaded the iso. By this route, for instance: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench , there is a drop down selection for the edition to download and they should note that there are separate choices for "Windows 10" and "Windows 10 Single Language".
    He used the media creation tool. There is only a choice between Win 10 pro and Win 10 Home. He says he definitely selected the home edition as it is installed on his machine too. And he had to select the architecture, which he did as 64 bit.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Oct 2015 #28
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Penn's Woods
    Posts : 1,288
    Windows 10 Home

    Quote Originally Posted by Paawan View Post
    He used the media creation tool. There is only a choice between Win 10 pro and Win 10 Home. He says he definitely selected the home edition as it is installed on his machine too. And he had to select the architecture, which he did as 64 bit.
    There is a significant difference in your case between "Windows 10 Home" and "Windows 10 Home Single Language". You need to have a DVD burned with the ISO for "Windows 10 Home Single Language", not just "Windows 10 Home". The link I provided in my prior post provides this choice. Perhaps you can get your friend to use that link and select the appropriate edition?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Oct 2015 #29
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    Although you may be able to verify the edition on the DVD, I'm not sure what that is right now. You might ask your friend how and from where they downloaded the iso. By this route, for instance: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench , there is a drop down selection for the edition to download and they should note that there are separate choices for "Windows 10" and "Windows 10 Single Language".
    This link you provided I checked it. It gives a direct link to the iso. Maybe I can download the iso again from here. Would that be Ok if I download the iso from this link and burn it to another DVD?
    Just to confirm I selected Windows 10 Single Language on this link. Then I chose English International. I am allowed to choose any language right? Then 64 bit edition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Oct 2015 #30
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Word Man View Post
    There is a significant difference in your case between "Windows 10 Home" and "Windows 10 Home Single Language". You need to have a DVD burned with the ISO for "Windows 10 Home Single Language", not just "Windows 10 Home". The link I provided in my prior post provides this choice. Perhaps you can get your friend to use that link and select the appropriate edition?
    Ok I'll get it downloaded. Any language or does it have to be the same as installed on the 8.1 I am on right now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003
I had upgraded from W8.1 and Windows 10 was activated. I was under the impression that I didn't need a product key and that my PC would be recognized after doing a clean install. Now I have W10 installed fresh, but get the error code: Error code:...
Windows Updates and Activation
Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003
I'm having this issue on a Store purchased Toshiba Satellite Pro which had Windows 7 Home Prem. I followed all the upgrade instructions and it all looks good except it's not activated. Product key blocked. Error code: 0xC004C003
Windows Updates and Activation
error 0xC004C003 Fresh Reinstall after activation
Originally, my T430 was running the RTM build before upgrading to the full release. My laptop was fully activated afterwards. However when i did a fresh reinstall on a USB afterwards, i get an error message in the settings stating that my product...
Windows Updates and Activation
Activation help, Error code: 0xC004C003
So, I reserved my free Windows 10. When it was July 29th, I got the Media Creation Tool and burned an iso. I didn't upgrade, I went straight to a clean install. Will I be activated automatically soon? Or do I have to upgrade? When I upgrade to...
Windows Updates and Activation
Activation error 0xC004C003 on HP Pavilion following upgrade to W10
Looks like a common problem. I used the upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 which was activated. Now I cannot get my Windows activated as the server repeatedly blocks me. I have used the slmgr.vbs /ato command and each time it comes back the...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums