Windows10 Update: kb3093266 - What Does It Do?

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 397
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #41

    I changed the thread back to "Unsolved", because we still don't know EXACTLY what kb3093266 was intended to fix, in its entirety, do we?

    Think I've seen a couple of problems resolved by kb3093266, but will have to get through the day before proclaiming victory over them.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 43
    W10 Home 64Bit
       #42

    AllenChicago said:
    I changed the thread back to "Unsolved", because we still don't know EXACTLY what kb3093266 was intended to fix, in its entirety, do we?

    Think I've seen a couple of problems resolved by kb3093266, but will have to get through the day before proclaiming victory over them.
    Yes I agree. Some members have fully installed with no problems, but others have not (including me). Still don't have concrete knowledge of exactly what it does either (will we ever? - not from MS)

    Marching towards victory! :)
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #43

    What is sure the update resetted all my desktop customizations like font and font size and it also restored system sounds (that I've disabled)... but it repaired the IconSpacing value in the registry. MinWidth for the taskbar does't seem to work yet.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 103
    Win10Pro 64bit 1909 build 18363.628
       #44

    metalnoise said:
    What is sure the update resetted all my desktop customizations like font and font size and it also restored system sounds (that I've disabled)... but it repaired the IconSpacing value in the registry. MinWidth for the taskbar does't seem to work yet.
    Yes, it messed up all my customizations as well, yet it said the update failed after restart and wants to do it again. I've tried all the fixes mentioned, but it stay a no-go
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #45

    After several attempts, I was able to download and install this update. To accomplish this feat I turned off my Bitdenfeder Anti-Virus program. I know simple. Since I just a simple operator, this was an accomplishment for me.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 609
    W10
       #46

    Simply K said:
    After several attempts, I was able to download and install this update. To accomplish this feat I turned off my Bitdenfeder Anti-Virus program. I know simple. Since I just a simple operator, this was an accomplishment for me.
    Yeah, and still: This should not be necessary. A WIndows Update should just install; no manual intervention and that's it.
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 2
    Windows 10
       #47

    Joergi said:
    Yeah, and still: This should not be necessary. A WIndows Update should just install; no manual intervention and that's it.
    I totally agree and really thought it would not work since most of the updates install without this old fashion method. Researching the changes to my system. First obvious is graphic display changes.
      My Computer

  8. drugo's Avatar
    Posts : 287
    windows 10 pro 64
       #48

    kire612002 said:
    This update includes improvements to enhance the functionality of Windows 10.
    As Microsoft has stated before, it doesn't intend to publish detailed changelogs for Windows 10 updates unless they contain significant feature additions or changes. However, according to a video published on YouTube by one user, the update appears to be related to "ESET Smart Security protocols." As an additional note, the update isn't yet appearing on machines running the latest Windows Insider build, so it's possible that this is pushing out to non-Insiders only.
    In any case, you should be able to pull the update which clocks in at a hefty 226MB for 32-bit users and 505MB for 64-bit through Windows Update now.
    Source: Microsoft


    Installed smoothly.However with every update feels like a ticking bomb
    hi
    may i ask you ?
    have you eset smart security 8 ,under w10 64bit , and you had no issue updating KB3093266 , had you?
    thanks
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 629
    windows 10
       #49

    just installed on my desktop which is not on insider.
    started as soon as I switch on and so far no problems.
    smart security 8 is on desktop and it s working alright
    my laptop is on insider and had no update for it
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 343
    Windows 10
       #50

    Mine updated fine and no problems. I also run a insider version and it didn't receive this update but the insider did receive an build update last week.
      My Computer


 
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums