Windows 10: New Update today BEWARE! Solved

  1.    10 Sep 2015 #1

    New Update today BEWARE!


    I just did the latest update.
    At least it was for me.

    Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice.

    It's a file called Au.exe and was in the temp folder.
    The actual program name is Online Games Manager and was immediately caught trying to call out by my firewall.

    Well, it was IMMEDIATELY blocked and IMMEDIATELY uninstalled.

    It's getting to the point that Microsoft is just being [removed] installing crap that is unwarranted as well as unwanted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Pro 14393 64-bit
       10 Sep 2015 #2

    Ummmm.....

    That has nothing to do with updates - more correct -with KB3081455. Maybe that's a virus??

    You should have a scan with Malware-bytes and see it for yourself.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Sep 2015 #3

    Hexagon12 said: View Post
    Ummmm.....

    That has nothing to do with updates - more correct -with KB3081455. Maybe that's a virus??

    You should have a scan with Malware-bytes and see it for yourself.
    How do I delete this post?
    Right after I updated this program activated and I may have jumped to conclusions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Pro 14393 64-bit
       10 Sep 2015 #4

    Just do "solved" on this thread and nobody will post anymore.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Sep 2015 #5

    Hexagon12 said: View Post
    Just do "solved" on this thread and nobody will post anymore.
    It doesn't work that way. And @Richard Shank You can't delete someone else's post.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Sep 2015 #6

    all the same, today's updates caused some problems on some of the 10 systems i manage. it made me wish i could shut off auto update on win10 pro. i hope that feature is forthcoming.

    I checked off "Defer upgrades" on every machine, and completely disabled all machines from getting and delivering updates to and from other machines on the network (just in case one of the machines got a bad DL and then delivered it to the rest of my systems). that's about as much power as MS gives us at the moment
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Sep 2015 #7

    @ firebasejay: It's like it is in football: Deferring is in fact what you should do. Preventing security relevant updates from installing is not a good idea.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 558
    Windows 10 Pro/Windows 7 Ultimate
       11 Sep 2015 #8

    Richard Shank said: View Post
    I just did the latest update.
    At least it was for me.

    Low and behold Microsoft decided to install a little EXTRA DRM on me without notice.

    It's a file called Au.exe and was in the temp folder.
    The actual program name is Online Games Manager and was immediately caught trying to call out by my firewall.

    Well, it was IMMEDIATELY blocked and IMMEDIATELY uninstalled.

    It's getting to the point that Microsoft is just being [removed] installing crap that is unwarranted as well as unwanted.

    I've had that file show up in my systems, not sure what it is. Here is more info on it, sometimes it shows up as "AU_.exe" Best thing to do is to check for rootkits using Malwarebytes or the TDSSKILLER app. I think it is left over from a program installer though.

    As far as KB3081455 - It is another bad MS update. After it installed, it caused my AeroHost.exe to stop working and I lost my AeroGlass. After removing KB3081455, it came back. I used the MS Fixit that was posted recently to hide that update. Check the recent posts for download link.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hi there Beware if you see this Scam appear when using IE11. (I don't have Mozilla either anywhere on the system). 30469 Clean your machine Immediately -- DO NOT click any links, Close browser down immediately as well as any applications...
I don't remember this line being there. After the PC restarted I now have it every time I open the Action Center. Any others have it too?
622153285609218048 622153799453401088 622154407015116801 UPDATE: KB3074665 update now available, and requires restart. How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Read more: Xbox One to get small update today, preparing for possible Windows 10 integration
New Rollup Update for Win 10.... KB3062095 Windows 10 Insider Preview Update Rollup: May 5, 2015
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:27.
Find Us