Windows 10: Can't install update KB3081448, get error 0x80242006 Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    01 Sep 2015 #11

    sanetokane said: View Post
    Yeah, that didn't do the trick either.

    Thanks for taking the time, though.
    Ok, I left out a step: the DISM command requires that a source for Windows 10 be available to make repairs. I forgot that I made these changes before I ran the initial set of instructions.
    Try this first, then run the other steps:

    press WindowsKey+R, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    Click "Computer Configuration", click "Administrative Templates", click "System", and then double-click the "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" setting.
    Select "Enabled", click check box for "Contact Windows Update directly...." - apply and OK
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    01 Sep 2015 #12

    Protector said: View Post
    Ok, I left out a step: the DISM command requires that a source for Windows 10 be available to make repairs. I forgot that I made these changes before I ran the initial set of instructions.
    Try this first, then run the other steps:

    press WindowsKey+R, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    Click "Computer Configuration", click "Administrative Templates", click "System", and then double-click the "Specify settings for optional component installation and component repair" setting.
    Select "Enabled", click check box for "Contact Windows Update directly...." - apply and OK
    It says "windows cannot find gpedit.msc", which, I'm guessing is because I have the home edition of Windows 10. Am I right in saying that home editions don't have gpedit?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Sep 2015 #13

    sanetokane said: View Post
    It says "windows cannot find gpedit.msc", which, I'm guessing is because I have the home edition of Windows 10. Am I right in saying that home editions don't have gpedit?
    I suspect you are right, search for (windows-key+Q) "edit policy"
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    02 Sep 2015 #14

    Protector said: View Post
    I suspect you are right, search for (windows-key+Q) "edit policy"
    Nope, can't find it that way either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Sep 2015 #15

    Thanks a lot to Protector for taking the time to help me.

    In the end I got it fixed by contacting customer support and giving them access to my computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    04 Sep 2015 #16

    Glad you sorted
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    1 Week Ago #17

    Im struggling with an update error. Got to this thread via link in another getting Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538243) - Error 0x80070643
    When I run sfc scannow I get
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.
    I looked at the log file but dont understand any of it

    I did the gpedit but didnt see the checkbox for "Contact Windows Update directly...."
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Hey guys! I have a new ASUS ROG G751JT-DH72 laptop, and I have been trying to install Windows 10 and Ubuntu on it. It came with Windows 8.1, so I upgraded to 10, then did a clean install of 10. Version was Home 64 bit. That went reasonably...
New HP 15. Upgraded to Windows Ten 2-3 weeks ago. When updates began being pushed and a restart was required, my laptop would freeze during restart. I would then power down / up and all is well. I noticed during restart my wifi lamp...
The updates are only available for Windows 10 retail (build 10240), and not for the Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10525. How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10 KB3081448: This update includes improvements to enhance the...
Any apps I try and update attempt to install, but stay at 0.0mb downloaded, then it stops and produces this error: 30251 The happens with every app. I read on some other forums on why this may be happening and someone suggested that it was...
http://puu.sh/jj8wQ/4cad6d8add.png I have tried what I believe to be everything at this point. Clearing out the update download folder and retrying the update does not help whatsoever. Forcing the update through a command prompt just gets the...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45.
Find Us