Windows 10: Turn off windows updates? Solved

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Posts : 20,847
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       27 Aug 2015 #21

    You're most welcome.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    27 Aug 2015 #22

    silverz said: View Post
    Ok thanks!

    That should be just what I needed.
    if you are happy, can you mark this as solved please....thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit,version 1703,Build 15063.138
       28 Aug 2015 #23

    big10 said: View Post
    Is there command which displays available updates, but let me choose which to download and install, like one of the update options in Windows 8.1?
    Please see KB 3073930

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Aug 2015 #24

    layman said: View Post
    this person has windows 10 HOME so will this apply.....some instructions seem to just say windows 10, but I am told if they involve the group policy editor they will not work on HOME versions, so will this work for HOME versions thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,847
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       29 Aug 2015 #25

    reddwarf4ever said: View Post
    this person has windows 10 HOME so will this apply.....some instructions seem to just say windows 10, but I am told if they involve the group policy editor they will not work on HOME versions, so will this work for HOME versions thanks
    This will work in Windows 10 Home.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

    The group policy options below will not work in Windows 10 Home, and are noted as such in the tutorial to help. The other options below will work in Windows 10 Home though.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html


    Basically, unless there's a note in the tutorial saying that an option will not work in Windows 10 Home, it's safe to assume that it will work.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    29 Aug 2015 #26

    Brink said: View Post
    This will work in Windows 10 Home.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

    The group policy options below will not work in Windows 10 Home, and are noted as such in the tutorial to help. The other options below will work in Windows 10 Home though.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html


    Basically, unless there's a note in the tutorial saying that an option will not work in Windows 10 Home, it's safe to assume that it will work.
    thanks, that's what worried me as it just said windows 10......

    wonder if if would be better to just have a bracket after the heading saying ( Not Home ) or ( all versions) save any possible misunderstandings.

    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,847
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
       29 Aug 2015 #27

    That would add to much if I did that to all tutorials. I usually only note if it doesn't work or is included instead.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    29 Aug 2015 #28

    Brink said: View Post
    That would add to much if I did that to all tutorials. I usually only note if it doesn't work or is included instead.
    I think maybe a symbol or something with a key......but maybe I am the only one with the problem LOL.....I think the contribution /support you and the others give to the various flavours of Windows is amazing........
    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    09 Sep 2015 #29

    TairikuOkami said: View Post
    Well for most users, it is best to set it to Notify, so Windows will check for updates, but not download.

    reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU" /v "AUOptions" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
    I tried your trick for Windows 10 Home version. Didn't work! As with most things, win some lose some.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Related Threads
I think the "updates freezing" issue has come up in another thread and apologies if it has, but I can't find it momentarily. The screen shots show what I've been looking at for two days now. Obviously something is amiss with Automatic Update but...
Windows 10 Updates error - Can't install Updates in Windows Updates and Activation
I recently upgraded to W10. When my first auto update came through, the setting panel just tells me it cannot install updates. I get 2 errors & 2 waiting for install as follows. Details: Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3063843)...
Solved Turn OFF those updates! in Windows Updates and Activation
So, by now your Windows 10 computer is running perfectly and you do NOT want to make any software changes. And that includes the Microsoft compulsory updates, fixes and driver updates. Grrr! But you've been told that you don't have a choice -...
Hi, Just upgraded from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and I notice under Windows Store, settings I am unable to turn on App Updates, Update apps automatically. There is a message below saying: Contact your system administrator about changing this...
MS Defender updates from Windows Update in settings fail, other Updates successful, but MS Defender from Control panel can update the same definition updates without problems (why, oh, why? can't I just select and copy from settings? :()...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:50.
Find Us