Possible printer issue with KB5005565

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. TV2's Avatar
    TV2
    Posts : 1,838
    W10 Pro 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #91

    Thanks smartcooky. Keep us posted.

    I did see that fix in my research, but haven't had time to try it. It's good to know it works (at least temporarily).

    These workarounds are great, but I am continuing my search for a permanent fix - one that wont get wiped out on some future update (like 6670).
      My Computers

  2. smartcooky's Avatar
    Posts : 152
    Windows 10 Home 32 bit
       #92

    Update: Ok, so I've just tried it, and I get the same result on the client.*

    Client fully updated with KB5005565 and KB5006670, and with RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled set to 0

    Printing stalls with no errors

    I overwrote win32spl.dll with the older version, restarted client, and it prints fine.

    *NOTE: when the host failed to print, the print dialog status column remained blank, but when the client failed to print, the status column showed "printing", but it just didn't print.
      My Computers

  3. TV2's Avatar
    TV2
    Posts : 1,838
    W10 Pro 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #93

    Yes, that's the behavior I got too.

    I'll need to grab win32spl.dll from one of the client PCs, as the host is already on 6670. Should be the same file.
      My Computers

  4. smartcooky's Avatar
    Posts : 152
    Windows 10 Home 32 bit
       #94

    Just confirming that the behaviour is the same for my other two client computers

    • KB5006670 stops network printing
    • Replacing the new win32spl.dll with the previous version restores network printing
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 8
    win10
       #95

    Confirming that KB5006670 have same behaviour at my pc.
    uninstaling and creating NoAutoUpdate kay for win updates working for now.
    just hope that kay will work for a while!
      My Computer

  6. TV2's Avatar
    TV2
    Posts : 1,838
    W10 Pro 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #96

    smartcooky said:
    Just confirming that the behaviour is the same for my other two client computers

    • KB5006670 stops network printing
    • Replacing the new win32spl.dll with the previous version restores network printing
    Same here.
    It doesn't seem to matter where win32spl.dll - v1237 comes from. Printing is restored with the old version installed.
      My Computers


  7. TV2's Avatar
    TV2
    Posts : 1,838
    W10 Pro 20H2
    Thread Starter
       #97

    ACDC said:
    Confirming that KB5006670 have same behaviour at my pc.
    uninstaling and creating NoAutoUpdate kay for win updates working for now.
    just hope that kay will work for a while!
    If you are not concerned about have the most current security updates then that would be fine.

    For me I want both: up to date security AND the ability to print.
    Just selfish, I guess.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 8
    win10
       #98

    TV2 said:
    If you are not concerned about have the most current security updates then that would be fine.

    For me I want both: up to date security AND the ability to print.
    Just selfish, I guess.
    i will instal updates manually when win fors me to do and virus def ones a month!
      My Computer


 
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums