What is this update?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 772
    Windows 10 Home x64 - Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766)
       #1

    What is this update?


    What is this update and why does the Microsoft Update Catalog not have it listed? How can it be featured through the Windows Update channel and not exist in the Microsoft Catalog? What is going on here?




      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,416
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64 bit
       #2

    EyeInTheSky said:
    What is this update and why does the Microsoft Update Catalog not have it listed? How can it be featured through the Windows Update channel and not exist in the Microsoft Catalog? What is going on here?




    No one knows. Searched on MS and it does not exist.

    Jim
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 772
    Windows 10 Home x64 - Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Phone Man said:
    No one knows. Searched on MS and it does not exist.

    Jim
    Talk about obscurity; but outright secrecy as to what an update is when it is offered through the Windows update channel and not in the catalog makes you wonder if hackers have a new trick.

    I'm not downloading it until I see proof it is actually from Microsoft.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 8,695
    Mac OS Catalina
       #4

    Are you running a Insider version of Windows?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 772
    Windows 10 Home x64 - Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    bro67 said:
    Are you running a Insider version of Windows?
    No; but even if I were, that doesn't excuse the lack of documentation that is provided with every update I have ever done.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 8,695
    Mac OS Catalina
       #6

    Just leave it alone since it is a optional update.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 772
    Windows 10 Home x64 - Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #7

    bro67 said:
    Just leave it alone since it is a optional update.
    I will. But don't you find it odd that since it is a Cumulative update that there is no documentation with it and @Brink has not posted anything about it in the Windows 10 News section.

    He always has something first.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 8,695
    Mac OS Catalina
       #8

    Nope since it is a optional update. This is as old as computers for updates to be rolled out and nothing yet available on them, especially optional updates that you install at your own risk.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,416
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64 bit
       #9

    I was updating my Laptop and looking for KB5001567 and got this instead. KB5001567 did not show up so I'll let it rest for now. The night janitor must be messing with MS systems.

    Jim
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 772
    Windows 10 Home x64 - Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766)
    Thread Starter
       #10

    bro67 said:
    Nope since it is a optional update. This is as old as computers for updates to be rolled out and nothing yet available on them, especially optional updates that you install at your own risk.
    Maybe I wasn't clear as to the fact that it is not in the Windows Update catalog. When an update is available through the Windows Update channel, it is always listed in the Microsoft Catalog.

    Phone Man said:
    I was updating my Laptop and looking for KB5001567 and got this instead. KB5001567 did not show up so I'll let it rest for now. The night janitor must be messing with MS systems.

    Jim
    I have KB5001567 and it appears under "Other Updates"


      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums