Update leads to reboots, failure


  1. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       #1

    Update leads to reboots, failure


    The latest Win 10 update (from about 8/12) has really hosed me. Every morning the computer tries to install it, fails, and then removes the update. No error codes. This take about six reboots and half an hour. Never ran into this before. I'm about to roll back to Win 7 if I can't resolve this. Any suggestions?

    I tried the trick of setting "metered connection" in the Wi-Fi settings, but that did no good, apparently because the update is already stored on my machine...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64bit
       #2

    KenOC said:
    The latest Win 10 update (from about 8/12) has really hosed me. Every morning the computer tries to install it, fails, and then removes the update. No error codes. This take about six reboots and half an hour. Never ran into this before. I'm about to roll back to Win 7 if I can't resolve this. Any suggestions?

    I tried the trick of setting "metered connection" in the Wi-Fi settings, but that did no good, apparently because the update is already stored on my machine...
    First of all download offline installer of latest update from Complete List Windows 10 updates offline installer 2015

    Then go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download delete all the files in this folder and try installing the update from the file you earlier downloaded from the given link. Hope your problem is solved
    Last edited by manpreetrehsi; 05 Dec 2016 at 03:29.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 219
    10 (Free upgrade)
       #3

    That's a great link... if they keep it updated. :)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Many thanks!


    manpreetrehsi said:
    First of all download offline installer of latest update from Complete List Windows 10 updates offline installer 2015

    Then go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download delete all the files in this folder and try installing the update from the file you earlier downloaded from the given link. Hope your problem is solved
    Many thanks! There are a lot of files and folders in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. Delete all of them?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64bit
       #5

    yes delete all of them
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Thanks, will try tomorrow. BTW, hate to sound dense, but how do I install the file you suggest downloading?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 12
    Windows 10 64bit
       #7

    KenOC said:
    Thanks, will try tomorrow. BTW, hate to sound dense, but how do I install the file you suggest downloading?
    Just double click and follow the instructions
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums