Windows 10: .Net 3.5 stuck in searching for updates, alternate method won't work Solved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    28 Jan 2016 #11

    jeremiahburt said: View Post
    Okay. I got it working. Here is what I did (holds breath): I restarted windows. Yup.

    I restarted and everything finally worked. Odd.
    Did you install any updates before the restart @jeremiahburt
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Apr 2016 #12

    This is still not helping me. I am still getting Error: 0x800f081f



    This is still not helping me. I am still getting Error: 0x800f081f

    topgundcp said: View Post
    You can try:
    1. Delete everything under: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
      Those are left over from Windows Updates and no longer needed.
    2. From Admin Command prompt, run:
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    3. Turn on Net Framework 3.5 from programs & Features again to see if it helps.


    FYI, This problem has been going on in the previous versions of Windows. That's why I mentioned this in Windows 8 Forums that you should turn on Net Framework 3.5 right after Windows Installation to avoid conflict with third party softwares. It works every single time for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    10 Aug 2016 #13

    I am having Problems with this an really need help

    I ran the command Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    and it worked

    But when enabling
    from programs & Features that did not work

    I have my windows on a usb drive and been watching youtube tutorials and still no luck

    can any one please help ??

    thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    10 Aug 2016 #14

    Temporary workaround


    Hi Ethelwulf,

    I read a workaround somewhere (not sure if this is the right way moving forward).
    Download and install 'Install.NET Framework 3.5 via DISM' (Offline install of .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 using DISM) and restart your system, it might start working.

    Good luck

    Newbee..


    Ethelwulf said: View Post
    I am having Problems with this an really need help

    I ran the command Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    and it worked

    But when enabling
    from programs & Features that did not work

    I have my windows on a usb drive and been watching youtube tutorials and still no luck

    can any one please help ??

    thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 Aug 2016 #15

    @Newbee thanks I have tried that

    in the youtube tutorials they say mount what should I mount ??? this i cant figure out

    I have 4.6 framework But not the 3.5 witch I still dont understand if I have the 4.6 why do i need 3.5 ??

    I dont know I am a newbee to
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    10 Aug 2016 #16

    I think some of the features that are supported in 3.5 are not supported in 4.6, due to which you would need to install 3.5 separately.

    someone recommended downloading the file "net35_[winaero.com]_1620" for installing it.

    Hope it works

    -Newbee

    Ethelwulf said: View Post
    @Newbee thanks I have tried that

    in the youtube tutorials they say mount what should I mount ??? this i cant figure out

    I have 4.6 framework But not the 3.5 witch I still dont understand if I have the 4.6 why do i need 3.5 ??

    I dont know I am a newbee to
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    10 Aug 2016 #17

    Finally It worked
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SJit3l.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	95383


    Go here ( if you are still having problems ) http://winaero.com/blog/offline-inst...10-using-dism/

    Scroll Down until you see Click here to download the batch file.
    Download it to desktop run it 2 .. 3 times the go to control panel add/remove Turn windows Features on off click on netframework 3.5 it will install from internet
    Many thanks Newbee It worked I search for the File you posted and it worked

    thanks man
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    11 Aug 2016 #18

    Glad it worked.
    Enjoy.

    Cheers
    -Newbee

    Ethelwulf said: View Post
    Finally It worked
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SJit3l.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	95383


    Go here ( if you are still having problems ) http://winaero.com/blog/offline-inst...10-using-dism/

    Scroll Down until you see Click here to download the batch file.
    Download it to desktop run it 2 .. 3 times the go to control panel add/remove Turn windows Features on off click on netframework 3.5 it will install from internet
    Many thanks Newbee It worked I search for the File you posted and it worked

    thanks man
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Related Threads
Install stuck at searching for updates in Installation and Upgrade
Installing Windows 10 directly on this pc from media creation tool. When it gets to 'searching for updates' it gets stuck a 0%. Any thoughts? Thanks!!
Did a fresh install on my Surface Pro 3 and trying to get the updates to run. I have seen it get stuck at 12%, 75%, etc. I have left it overnight with nothing running and wake up in the morning to find it in the same place percentage wise. I check...
I run multiple monitors with one of those monitors being an HDTV in another room for media. One of the keyboard shortcuts I have loved since Windows 7 is the WIN+SHIFT+L/R ARROW being able to switch my current window between monitors. This keyboard...
Edit: There is now an option to create an album to store your Signature/Avatar on this forum. Just create an Album that contains your Signature and click once on it to view, then copy the Image URL in the browser address bar. Choose the Signature...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:28.
Find Us