Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 164
    windows 10
       12 Aug 2015 #1

    Windows 10 Update Won't Update


    My Updates that show for my Windows 10 are the following:

    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.203.1973.0).
    Definition Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB3054979) 64-Bit Edition.
    Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3087916).

    NONE WILL DOWNLOAD...they are sitting in a "Downloading updates 0%" state for hours with no progress from zero.
    I am not interested in the one for Microsoft Office 2010 because the program is not on the computer, but., I am definitely interested in the two security update for Windows Defender and Flash Player.

    As always any and all help is appreciated
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 26
    windows10
       12 Aug 2015 #2

    I'm having the same problem, but I've got 16 updates that are stuck at 47% and 16 that are waiting to install. What can we do?

    Mary
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 164
    windows 10
       12 Aug 2015 #3

    When I find out I will let you know. Have you tried download them manually by using the kb number (google the number of the update and download it. ) long process but I would try the security ones first

    MNMary said: View Post
    I'm having the same problem, but I've got 16 updates that are stuck at 47% and 16 that are waiting to install. What can we do?

    Mary
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 26
    windows10
       12 Aug 2015 #4

    Windows 10 for x64-basedsytems KB 3081436 failed to install


    I don't know why this whole automatic updates isn't working and I hope this isn't going to be a problem with the future updates.

    I wrote down each download that was stuck and went to MS download center and downloaded them manually.
    (What a pain!)

    That worked for all but Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-basedsytems KB 3081436. That one failed to install. I retried that one several times, but I just get the message that they will be retried later. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Mary
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 164
    windows 10
       12 Aug 2015 #5

    Windows 10 security update KB3081436 is live | Product Reviews Net

    This might give you some answers to what's inside that update Mary and maybe you can download those singularly as much of a pain that might be. Click on above link
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 164
    windows 10
       12 Aug 2015 #6

    try this link


    MNMary said: View Post
    I don't know why this whole automatic updates isn't working and I hope this isn't going to be a problem with the future updates.

    I wrote down each download that was stuck and went to MS download center and downloaded them manually.
    (What a pain!)

    That worked for all but Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-basedsytems KB 3081436. That one failed to install. I retried that one several times, but I just get the message that they will be retried later. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Mary
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...f93a7bf99e.msu
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 164
    windows 10
       12 Aug 2015 #7
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 26
    windows10
       12 Aug 2015 #8

    MNMary said: View Post
    I don't know why this whole automatic updates isn't working and I hope this isn't going to be a problem with the future updates.

    I wrote down each download that was stuck and went to MS download center and downloaded them manually.
    (What a pain!)

    That worked for all but Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-basedsytems KB 3081436. That one failed to install. I retried that one several times, but I just get the message that they will be retried later. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Mary
    In researching the problem with the Cumulative update KB3081436 failing to install. I went to the View history in Windows Updates and uninstalled KB3081424. That did the trick! After uninstall, PC rebooted and installed KB3081436. Apparently that was blocking the download and install of KB3081436 Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-based systems. (I don't know if it blocked all the other downloads/installs or not)
    I then ran Check for updates and it now shows everything is up to date.
    I hope the automatic update works next time. I'd hate to go through all this again!
    Mary
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2015
    Siler City, NC
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10 Home
       12 Aug 2015 #9

    Win 10 Update solution


    To all having Win 10 update problems with or without error codes, try this link Windows 10 upgrade and the 0X80246008 error - Microsoft Community I Read the 1st ANSWER with the blue 'PA' box carefully. After I did this suggestion this morning ALL of my Windows/Defender updates and the apps started running with out any problems. As of this evening I continue to get updates as needed especially the Defender updates and the apps run fine as well. Good luck and have a great evening!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Apr 2015
    France
    Posts : 60
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro
       13 Aug 2015 #10

    MNMary said: View Post
    In researching the problem with the Cumulative update KB3081436 failing to install. I went to the View history in Windows Updates and uninstalled KB3081424. That did the trick! After uninstall, PC rebooted and installed KB3081436. Apparently that was blocking the download and install of KB3081436 Cumulative update for Windows 10 for x64-based systems. (I don't know if it blocked all the other downloads/installs or not)

    I then ran Check for updates and it now shows everything is up to date.
    I hope the automatic update works next time. I'd hate to go through all this again!
    Mary
    Hi,
    My laptop also has this problem.
    However I do not have the KB3081424 to uninstall.
    I have tried using the standalone installer without success.

    Any help greatly appreciated.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update - does not load
Update - 9/8/15 Fixed by reinstalling Windows fresh (Again). I think the problem was caused by installing Windows linked with my Microsoft account and then switching that to a local user. My Microsoft account was registered for the insider...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows Update Issues - Auto Driver Update & Update Freezes
First issue is that I need to use a specific older driver for my AMD graphics card and windows 10 continues to update the driver automatically and causes my system to crash. I've gone through {Control Panel-Devices & printers}, selected my machine,...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Cumulative Update (KB3081424) won't show up in Windows Update
I know that a lot of people have been having issues with this update, but I haven't even been able to get the update to appear in Windows Update, it's not in my Update History so im pretty sure it didn't install without me knowing, and when I check...
Windows Updates and Activation
Settings>Update & Security>Windows Update - Nothing but loading dots
Hello, Upgraded from 8.1 earlier today. Hours later, I realized that the Windows Update dialogue box hangs with nothing going on except the loading dots animation (for up to half-an-hour so far). Can't tell if there are new updates and I'm...
Windows Updates and Activation
New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today
622153285609218048 622153799453401088 622154407015116801 UPDATE: KB3074665 update now available, and requires restart. How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums