License Key Missing After Crash  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 923
    Win 10
       #11

    There are so many unanswered questions.
    How was the 7 ultimate acquired on the old machine?
    Did it come from the mfg with it?
    Did you buy it separately?
    Was it a full or upgrade?

    Answer those questions and we can give you the good news or the bad.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 653
    10 preview 64bit
       #12

    Hi

    this is the W7 licence tool,
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=56062

    it will run on W10, but report unknown OS
    lets see what it says

    roy
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 66
    W10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Porthos said:
    There are so many unanswered questions.
    How was the 7 ultimate acquired on the old machine?
    I got a track record from when my desktop started with a Tandy 2000 and 95.

    I shoehorned this rig up to XP into a new box, did magic with the profile to get the desktop into a W7U fresh install disk that I purchased so I could get the free upgrade to W10 that was being offered.

    So, yes, I have a W7U License Key.

    P.S. That "new" box was formerly a Vista OEM.
    And this "new" box was also formerly a Vista OEM.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 923
    Win 10
       #14

    W7U fresh install disk that I purchased
    How long ago and where did you purchase the 7 Ultimate? Was it an upgrade version?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 442
    Windows 10 Pro
       #15

    cDreamDancer said:
    I got a track record from when my desktop started with a Tandy 2000 and 95.

    I shoehorned this rig up to XP into a new box, did magic with the profile to get the desktop into a W7U fresh install disk that I purchased so I could get the free upgrade to W10 that was being offered.

    So, yes, I have a W7U License Key.

    P.S. That "new" box was formerly a Vista OEM.
    And this "new" box was also formerly a Vista OEM.
    Do you mind reinstalling windows 10? Because if you go back and do a clean install of windows 7 (format & install), you can at that point activate windows 7 and then proceed to install windows 10 from there with the windows 10 upgrade assistant.

    I'm sure that if you do a backup and preserve it before doing this, you should be able to get back to where you were, however I'm not too familiar with windows backups and where they're stored and if that would be the case.
    Last edited by vgchat; 05 Feb 2020 at 20:02.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 66
    W10
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Porthos said:
    How long ago and where did you purchase the 7 Ultimate? Was it an upgrade version?
    Fresh install, this disk will install W7 onto blank media.

    Don't quite remember how long ago I got it, ...

    - - - Updated - - -

    vgchat said:
    Do you mind reinstalling windows 10? Because if you go back and do a clean install of windows 7 (format & install), you can at that point activate windows 7 and then proceed to install windows 10 from there with the windows 10 upgrade assistant.

    I'm sure that if you do a backup and preserve it before doing this, you should be able to get back to where you were, however I'm not too familiar with windows backups and where they're stored and if that would be the case.
    I'm trying to avoid this because of all the customization and software that I have installed, at this point it's only been a few days, but if I go that route, it will probably be a month or so before everything is back in place.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 9,502
    Mac OS Catalina
       #17

    Magic Jelly Bean people.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 923
    Win 10
       #18

    So, yes, I have a W7U License Key.
    Then just activate Win 10 with your key. If it won't activate then call MS. If they say it is invalid then your only choice is to buy a new key. Simple as that no magic involved.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 653
    10 preview 64bit
       #19

    Hi

    Please run the tool i linked,

    by the way there has never been a free upgrade to W7 Ultimate

    As you also posted the key has come back as invalid, the tool will give the reason.

    If you dont want to post it here do it on our sister W7 site, i'll pick it up there.


    Roy
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 66
    W10
    Thread Starter
       #20

    hawkman said:
    Hi
    Please run the tool i linked,
    by the way there has never been a free upgrade to W7 Ultimate ( I KNOW THAT )
    As you also posted the key has come back as invalid, the tool will give the reason.
    If you dont want to post it here do it on our sister W7 site, i'll pick it up there.
    Roy
    License Key Missing After Crash-mga-results.png
    That there COPY button fails with "Failed to create output files, hr=8007002. Please contact support."
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums