Is v.1909 back ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 295
    Windows 10 Pro 2004
    Thread Starter
       #21

    f14tomcat said:
    Is this with the search issues?

    This KB, the 1909 Update Enablement doesn't contain any fixes or new code. It's simply a quick switch to turn on dormant/hidden code that is already in 1903 from previous updates.
    Search issues and another issue where you couldn't use right click when using file explorer if i remember right.

    One more thing : if i am using Fast Startup not Normal Startup is it ok if i didn't restart my PC if i clicked on "check for updates" and i DID NOT install 1909 ?
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #22

    Mikey89 said:
    Search issues and another issue where you couldn't use right click when using file explorer if i remember right.

    One more thing : if i am using Fast Startup not Normal Startup is it ok if i didn't restart my PC if i clicked on "check for updates" and i DID NOT install 1909 ?
    The two have no bearing on each other. Just checking for updates is a "look see" only. Doesn't update anything (except time last checked). Only exception is Defender Updates, it will go ahead and update them auto, bit no restart required with them.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 295
    Windows 10 Pro 2004
    Thread Starter
       #23

    f14tomcat said:
    The two have no bearing on each other. Just checking for updates is a "look see" only. Doesn't update anything (except time last checked).
    OK, thanks for that info. So it's ok then if i don't restart the PC ? That's what i wanted to know.
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #24

    Mikey89 said:
    OK, thanks for that info. So it's ok then if i don't restart the PC ? That's what i wanted to know.
    It's to not restart......


    p.s. - if needed, you would be prompted to Restart.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 295
    Windows 10 Pro 2004
    Thread Starter
       #25

    f14tomcat said:
    It's to not restart......


    p.s. - if needed, you would be prompted to Restart.
    Oh right... completely forgot W10 always prompts me to restart if it does something. Well... like i said i'm a noob with W10. One would think after over 15 years of using Win XP and W7 you would know some stuff about W10 also but it looks like W10 is way different.

    I've only been on W10 for over 2 months but i still find new stuff about it, stuff i never knew existed or never knew if Win XP or W7 had them.
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,028
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #26

    Mikey89 said:
    Oh right... completely forgot W10 always prompts me to restart if it does something. Well... like i said i'm a noob with W10. One would think after over 15 years of using Win XP and W7 you would know some stuff about W10 also but it looks like W10 is way different.

    I've only been on W10 for over 2 months but i still find new stuff about it, stuff i never knew existed or never knew if Win XP or W7 had them.
    You're doing great! Hang in there!
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 295
    Windows 10 Pro 2004
    Thread Starter
       #27

    f14tomcat said:
    You're doing great! Hang in there!
    Thanks Tomcat, i guess i'll just get used more and more to W10 the more time i use it. That's kinda how it went down with W7 also when i went from Win XP to W7.
      My Computer

  8. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #28

    Mikey89 said:
    another issue where you couldn't use right click when using file explorer if i remember right.
    Interesting - I had that earlier this week after latest updates. For me it was just a context menu item (yet again it was Intel - it always is and this has been going on for years). It was fixed by disabling it with ShellExView as in this tutorial - Fix Slow or Freezing Right Click Context Menu in Windows.
      My Computer

  9. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,284
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #29

    I was offered the v1909 feature update before Xmas but deferred the update. I enabled the update earlier this week but it wasn't offered. Yesterday an optional feature update to v1909 was gain offered. I updated and all is OK.
      My Computers

  10. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,927
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #30

    Steve, as long as you don't have any "showstoppers" in your existing hardware / software setup, these is not much in 1909 to even notice,

    Hopefully, MS will go the same route for updates in future, One major spring update in a year is more than enough to keep us all busy, and then a little update and fixes in the autumn (fall) make a lot of sense
      My Computers


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums