Win Update error with KB4528760  


  1. Posts : 4
    Win 10 pro
       #1

    Win Update error with KB4528760


    Win 10 Pro x64, Build 18363.535, Version 1909/Nov 2019 Update
    I have clean-installed Windows 10 Pro at the beginning of this year.
    Windows Update was running fine until yesterday, when the January Cumulative Update refused to install on my PC: (KB4528760) - Error 0x800f0982
    I ran Update Trouble Shooter: no issues
    I cleared the Update cache and ran Win Update again: same error
    I downloaded the KB4528760.msu for my version from Win 10 Update Catalogue: also refused to install

    Now I turn to all you knowledgeable wizards in hopes of a solution...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 207
    Windows 10
       #2

    Hi,
    Just a note on the Error 0x800f0982
    It has been noted that the remove Connect from windows 10 can cause the error 0x800f0982
    When installing commutative updates. If you have you used the uninstall connect zip file from Winaero
    More info can be found here
    How to uninstall and remove Connect in Windows 10

    Win Update error with KB4528760-annotation-2020-01-19-101018.jpg
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    Win 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #3

    xsteveuk said:
    Hi,
    Just a note on the Error 0x800f0982
    It has been noted that the remove Connect from windows 10 can cause the error 0x800f0982
    When installing commutative updates. If you have you used the uninstall connect zip file from Winaero
    More info can be found here
    How to uninstall and remove Connect in Windows 10

    Win Update error with KB4528760-annotation-2020-01-19-101018.jpg
    That's exactly what happened. I uninstalled the Connect App before they had the warning. Now I need to get back, somehow...
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 207
    Windows 10
       #4

    You could try
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Create Windows 10 installation media

    And download the tool - And select UPGRADE THIS PC/Computer
    And it will download and install windows again and install the updates
    Also remember to chose what to save - apps and files
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 4
    Win 10 pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    xsteveuk said:
    You could try
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10
    Create Windows 10 installation media

    And download the tool - And select UPGRADE THIS PC/Computer
    And it will download and install windows again and install the updates
    Also remember to chose what to save - apps and files
    I did what you recommended, and it worked beautifully. Took about 30min without any hickups. My new Build is 18363.592 and KB4528760 was installed automatically as part of the upgrade process. Thank you very much, you solved my problem.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 207
    Windows 10
       #6

    Santa Klaus said:
    I did what you recommended, and it worked beautifully. Took about 30min without any hickups. My new Build is 18363.592 and KB4528760 was installed automatically as part of the upgrade process. Thank you very much, you solved my problem.
    You are very welcome - Glad it all worked out for you :)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:51.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums