Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    10
       #1

    Activation fails Error code: 0xC004C003


    I'm having this issue on a Store purchased Toshiba Satellite Pro which had Windows 7 Home Prem. I followed all the upgrade instructions and it all looks good except it's not activated. Product key blocked. Error code: 0xC004C003
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 650
    10 preview 64bit
       #2

    code


    Hi beaker,

    Open an elevated command code box, and input the following, might require a couple of tries

    slmgr.vbs /ato


    Roy
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7
    10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Hi Roy,

    I've tried that cmd code but no joy, same error. I even rolled back to 7, checked everything was fine, windows activated, all up dates installed. I then followed the upgrade instructions again, everything goes smoothly and it is simple to achieve, but it won't activate.
    -error-0xc004c003

    I've done nothing but follow MS prompts and advice and having no joy. It just doesn't doesn't work.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4
    windows 10
       #4

    beaker said:
    I'm having this issue on a Store purchased Toshiba Satellite Pro which had Windows 7 Home Prem. I followed all the upgrade instructions and it all looks good except it's not activated. Product key blocked. Error code: 0xC004C003
    I'm experiencing the same problem like you, upgraded my windows 7 professional PC since july 29th and can't activate it.
    Product key blocked. Error code: 0xC004C003, several calls to microsoft haven't helped all i keep getting from the agents on phone is to wait 24-48 hours.
    It will be two weeks on 12th august still no resolution by microsoft
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #5

    SAME exact problem I am having. Techs say to wait it up. LOL. I find it hard to believe they havn't figured out the activation problem and easy to believe they just d
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #6

    Has anyone of you when you had your previous Windows version installed replaced a major hardware component and had to do the phone activation to get it activated again?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 4
    windows 10
       #7

    Michaelrj9 said:
    Has anyone of you when you had your previous Windows version installed replaced a major hardware component and had to do the phone activation to get it activated again?
    The HDD on my PC gradually died in february, i replaced it with an SSD and activate windows 7 via phone.
    If that is the cause of the problem, what is the solution please?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #8

    fruswinuser said:
    The HDD on my PC gradually died in february, i replaced it with an SSD and activate windows 7 via phone.
    If that is the cause of the problem, what is the solution please?
    Not sure of the solution but I think it will have to involve calling them up and explaining it to them and hope they will activate it without saying now you have to buy Windows 10 as your original product code for Windows 7 is no longer valid.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4
    windows 10
       #9

    Michaelrj9 said:
    Not sure of the solution but I think it will have to involve calling them up and explaining it to them and hope they will activate it without saying now you have to buy Windows 10 as your original product code for Windows 7 is no longer valid.
    i will definitely wont be forking out any money for windows 10, i rather downgrade to my precious windows 7, im on phone to Microsoft now, will update this thread with the outcome.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #10

    Yeah, I won't be paying for it either. Their overly anal software key scheme is a massive pain. They can just send me a new key.

    Will await your update to tech support since they have been utterly useless to me. Does anyone have a number for support that they like?

    I have changed the configuration of my drives by moving them to different device slots, but in my opinion, if Windows 7 takes its key and ACTIVATES...then Windows 10 should be activated with no issue if its done from within Windows 7.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:48.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums