Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    I'm in the ghetto
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       02 Sep 2015 #31

    @Devilz

    • Did you run Showkey as suggested by alphanumeric in post #23?
    • Have you entered the Win8 product key as identified by Showkey?
    • What type of Win8 license has Showkey identified?
    • When you downloaded the Win8 installation media from Microsoft was it for the exact same type of license as identified by Showkey?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 36
    Windows 10
       03 Sep 2015 #32

    Devilz said: View Post
    Attachment 33139

    I got both DVD's for Windows 8 and 8.1

    which one to use now?
    WhyMe said: View Post
    @Devilz

    • Did you run Showkey as suggested by alphanumeric in post #23?
    • Have you entered the Win8 product key as identified by Showkey?
    • What type of Win8 license has Showkey identified?
    • When you downloaded the Win8 installation media from Microsoft was it for the exact same type of license as identified by Showkey?
    @WhyMe

    I got Windows 8 DVD but its not the same version as showkey displays. It's a retail version, now where can I download OEM version for my Acer laptop. When I try to boot and install windows from DVD it doesn't give any option to enter key. It just gives me the error "the product key entered does not match any of the windows images".

    I made a mistake by removing all partitions before I did clean install, now I don't have any recovery partition to go back to 8.1
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    03 Sep 2015 #33

    Devilz said: View Post
    @WhyMe

    I got Windows 8 DVD but its not the same version as showkey displays. It's a retail version, now where can I download OEM version for my Acer laptop. When I try to boot and install windows from DVD it doesn't give any option to enter key. It just gives me the error "the product key entered does not match any of the windows images".

    I made a mistake by removing all partitions before I did clean install, now I don't have any recovery partition to go back to 8.1
    AFAIK, the OEM discs and Retails discs are the same (RTM) other than the former including drivers/bloatware.

    The discs obtained from MS have both Pro and Core - it may be defaulting to Pro (the first index) and that is probably why it's giving the error that the key is not valid.
    You could try adding a PID.txt file with the OEM key to the sources folder of the iso and run setup from within Windows 10 - choose to keep nothing, install Win8 and then upgrade to 10.

    Save a pid.txt file - open notepad and add your OEM key like this:
    Code:
    [PID]
    Value=YOUR-OEM-KEY-GOES-HERE
    This way windows will be forced to install Core.

    Good luck

    NB to check your disc - insert it and run this command:

    Dism /get-imageinfo /imagefile:E:\sources\install.wim

    Change E: to your DVD drive.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,202
    Windows 10 IoT
       04 Sep 2015 #34

    What version of Windows does showkey say the OEM key is for? Post back exactly what it says for the OEM Edition: please.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    04 Sep 2015 #35

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    What version of Windows does showkey say the OEM key is for? Post back exactly what it says for the OEM Edition: please.
    Alpha, I'm assumin' this is what he has on his lappie I can't activate my Windows 10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

    I know you have done the pid.txt thing, but the other way round, if I'm not mistaken - just strange that his core key is not getting verified...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 8,202
    Windows 10 IoT
       04 Sep 2015 #36

    Superfly said: View Post
    Alpha, I'm assumin' this is what he has on his lappie I can't activate my Windows 10 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

    I know you have done the pid.txt thing, but the other way round, if I'm not mistaken - just strange that his core key is not getting verified...
    That is exactly what my laptop lists for OEM Edition. If I use my MSDN ISO (which I believe is identical to a Retail DVD) it installs Core automatically with no key prompt. If I use the 8.1 Core download from the MCT, same deal. Yes I use a PID.txt file to force a PRO install with my MSDN ISO to save having to do an upgrade from Core to Pro. And to save having to type it in on a clean install. Well I did when I was running 8.1. I've moved on to Windows 10 now.

    I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the Single Language or With Bing version. They each have their own set of keys.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 36
    Windows 10
       04 Sep 2015 #37

    Superfly said: View Post
    AFAIK, the OEM discs and Retails discs are the same (RTM) other than the former including drivers/bloatware.

    The discs obtained from MS have both Pro and Core - it may be defaulting to Pro (the first index) and that is probably why it's giving the error that the key is not valid.
    You could try adding a PID.txt file with the OEM key to the sources folder of the iso and run setup from within Windows 10 - choose to keep nothing, install Win8 and then upgrade to 10.

    Save a pid.txt file - open notepad and add your OEM key like this:
    Code:
    [PID]
    Value=YOUR-OEM-KEY-GOES-HERE
    This way windows will be forced to install Core.

    Good luck

    NB to check your disc - insert it and run this command:

    Dism /get-imageinfo /imagefile:E:\sources\install.wim

    Change E: to your DVD drive.
    I tried installing following these but it still gave me same error "Product key doesn't match any of the windows image available"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	991.2 KB 
ID:	35603
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 36
    Windows 10
       04 Sep 2015 #38

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    That is exactly what my laptop lists for OEM Edition. If I use my MSDN ISO (which I believe is identical to a Retail DVD) it installs Core automatically with no key prompt. If I use the 8.1 Core download from the MCT, same deal. Yes I use a PID.txt file to force a PRO install with my MSDN ISO to save having to do an upgrade from Core to Pro. And to save having to type it in on a clean install. Well I did when I was running 8.1. I've moved on to Windows 10 now.

    I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the Single Language or With Bing version. They each have their own set of keys.
    Where can I download this MSDN ISO from?? I really need to sort my laptop as running unactivated version of windows causing all sorts of problems.

    Thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 36
    Windows 10
       04 Sep 2015 #39

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    You need Windows 8 Home OEM. I'm betting your Windows 8 DVD is probably retail version.

    Try here to get the Home OEM version:

    Download Windows 8.1 Retail and OEM .iso | The Unofficial Windows 10 Reinstallation Guide
    I am downloading iso from above mentioned link. Fingers crossed, this might work
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    I'm in the ghetto
    Posts : 705
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       04 Sep 2015 #40

    Hey, not sure how relevant this as I am not a licensing guru but thought I should mention

    The install disk in your screenshot drive F: is for 8 PRO N version for EU. The screenshot from post #17 for showkey does not mention the license being an N version (for EU)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Activate Windows 10
How to Activate Windows 10 Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. How you activate Windows 10 after reinstalling it depends on how...
Tutorials
Solved Need some help trying to activate Windows 10 etc.!
Alright, so the other day I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. I reserved a copy of Windows 10 and was notified when the update was ready. I upgraded and everything was fine and dandy, but I didn't like Windows 10 much at first so I reverted...
Windows Updates and Activation
Did my Windows 10 Activate?
So in short my pc stopped working after I downloaded win10 fine and used the reset option. However before I downloaded win10 I had the %Windows~ .BT file which from what I understood was Windows 10 already downloaded and just waiting for the...
Windows Updates and Activation
Cant activate windows 10
I have windows installed and im a insider preview do i need to buy a new key the have build 10240.. I have hard drive crash and i cant activate windows 10 and i am insider preview why?
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Cannot Activate Windows With Either Key.
My girlfriend who went from build 9926 to 10041 is no longer activated. neither of the two product key work (Neither Pro Or Enterprise).. i have even tried having her attempt to use command prompt for manual activation but nothing works.. Im...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:17.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums