Update 1809

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,832
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #11

    That appears to be quite an old card - around 2009? Can you advise the date?

    Out of interest, did you upgrade manually or via Windows Update?

    NVIDIA
    - seems to offer a Win 10 driver for this card (listed under Supported Devices)
    GeForce Windows 10 Driver



    Version: 341.81
    Release Date: 2015.8.24
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    CUDA Toolkit: 6.5
    Language: English (UK)
    File Size: 269.73 MB


    What driver version do you have?

    Also found this:
    Nvidia GeForce 416.16 with Windows 10 version 1809 support - gHacks Tech News
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #12

    dalchina said:
    That appears to be quite an old card - around 2009? Can you advise the date?

    Out of interest, did you upgrade manually or via Windows Update?

    NVIDIA
    - seems to offer a Win 10 driver for this card (listed under Supported Devices)
    GeForce Windows 10 Driver



    Version: 341.81
    Release Date: 2015.8.24
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    CUDA Toolkit: 6.5
    Language: English (UK)
    File Size: 269.73 MB


    What driver version do you have?

    Also found this:
    Nvidia GeForce 416.16 with Windows 10 version 1809 support - gHacks Tech News

    Hello, yes pretty old but are used soley for putting onto 75 inch touchscreens, no need for better gpus,

    I created the 1809 Image from a fresh ISO which I got from our licencing website, the driver version used on 1806 was 341.92 windows 10 64bit, same version on 1809 just makes screen go blank and no input after about 20 seconds of the install
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #13

    Just tried with the updated version from 3 days ago, and same thing just goes blank, no input signal
      My Computer

  4. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,832
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #14

    Have you looked at that last link I posted? October 04, 2018
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #15

    dalchina said:
    Have you looked at that last link I posted? October 04, 2018
    I have just restoring back and giving that version a go :)

    Previously my backup images had to be 1709 because 1806 would not allow to be sysprepped for some reason it was a issue because of the type of update it was, now with this issue makes it very difficult.

    Luckily I use chrome os at home and don't have to deal with windows time i get home :)
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 35
    Windows 10
       #16

    dalchina said:
    Have you looked at that last link I posted? October 04, 2018
    416.16 says its not compatible with this version of windows, this graphics driver could not find compatible grapics hardware
      My Computer

  7. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,832
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #17

    Whelan189 said:
    416.16 says its not compatible with this version of windows, this graphics driver could not find compatible grapics hardware
    Looks like they may have dropped support for your card with latest drivers- or not successfully supported it - the article doesn't say what GeForce hardware it supports.

    Seems your only options are either to be lucky and find someone who's solved this, or post on Nvidia's forum and pursue it with them.

    Meanwhile you can stay with 1803 and block the driver update, and block the feature upgrade.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 366
    windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #18

    I had Win 10 check for updates. It found two (not sure it had not installed automatically).

    Of two it found neither one install as can see on the image below.

    Update 1809-update.jpg

    Hope someone can shed so light on this. Thanks
      My Computer

  9. dalchina's Avatar
    Posts : 29,832
    Win 10 Pro (1903)
       #19

    What does Windows 10 do while it is ? - Super User

    Various possibilities- unpacking and preparing- actually installing (the above suggests not) - then of course there's a stage where further updates may be downloaded - and these can be almost as large.

    If you wait long enough you may get some sort of outcome. One thing's for sure, it's not instantaneous.

    The thread I've quoted gives a way to see what's happening.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 366
    windows 7
    Thread Starter
       #20

    I spoke too soon. Those updates finally installed and as far as I can tell everything is working fine.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums