Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       03 Aug 2015 #1

    Windows Update fail


    Does anyone get the following when trying to use Windows Update

    We couldn't get online to download your updates. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

    have tried to search online, but no one lately has posted the same problem, this started 2 days after installment.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,935
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       03 Aug 2015 #2

    Did your upgrade of WIn10 activate??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       03 Aug 2015 #3

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    Did your upgrade of WIn10 activate??
    Yes, everything is activated, all was fine until 2 days later, cannot get any windows update or download anything from store?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,935
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       03 Aug 2015 #4

    Haplo said: View Post
    Yes, everything is activated, all was fine until 2 days later, cannot get any windows update or download anything from store?
    Are you logged into your Microsoft Account?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 17
    Windows 10 Pro
       04 Aug 2015 #5

    Okay here's a quick solution for you haplo you will need to re-install windows 10 but first do this

    Go into “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download” and delete everything in that folder.
    Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in “wuauclt.exe /updatenow”.
    Then hit Enter on keyboard this will open up windows update and will start downloading again .

    when its all finish in downloading it will then prepare to be installed everything gets done automatically.
    after that is all done it will restart computer and you will have windows 10 running again. now right click on my computer
    and it will show that your windows 10 is activated.

    I presume your upgrading from another windows version. I had seven fail attempts in getting it to download, but after I did
    the above instructions I got the full version downloaded and installed and activated as well..

    with the store you have to use you email and password to get into store..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       04 Aug 2015 #6

    Yes I am Logged into my Microsoft Account, and as for your tip Coldy, Thanks but nothing happened, looks like it might be a possible wipe and clean install.

    thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    win 10
       04 Aug 2015 #7

    Haplo said: View Post
    Does anyone get the following when trying to use Windows Update

    We couldn't get online to download your updates. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet.

    have tried to search online, but no one lately has posted the same problem, this started 2 days after installment.
    I had this same problem
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	28384
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       04 Aug 2015 #8

    wahabe said: View Post
    I had this same problem
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	28384
    you state you HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM, were you able to solve it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 2
    win 10
       04 Aug 2015 #9

    Haplo said: View Post
    you state you HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM, were you able to solve it?

    Here are the number of attempts to repair

    1 wipe clean a hard drive and install windows 10 Same problem
    2 wipe clean a hard drive and reset bios settings to factory default and install windows 10 Same problem
    3 install windows on another pc No problem

    I think the problem install windows 10 in UEFI boot
    Tomorrow I Will Try Again
    install windows without uefi boot mode
    It will tell you if the problem is fixed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	317.4 KB 
ID:	28463
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 6
    windows 10
       05 Aug 2015 #10

    wahabe said: View Post
    Here are the number of attempts to repair

    1 wipe clean a hard drive and install windows 10 Same problem
    2 wipe clean a hard drive and reset bios settings to factory default and install windows 10 Same problem
    3 install windows on another pc No problem

    I think the problem install windows 10 in UEFI boot
    Tomorrow I Will Try Again
    install windows without uefi boot mode
    It will tell you if the problem is fixed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	317.4 KB 
ID:	28463
    Cheers
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 fail - again
Let me start by saying that I have been using the OS for nearly thirty years, always have multiple failures with each new OS. I have two identical PCs, same OS (7), same MB, Memory 3 gig or larger. I used the media tool to install over a legit Win...
General Support
MS Defender updates from Windows Update fail, other Updates successful
MS Defender updates from Windows Update in settings fail, other Updates successful, but MS Defender from Control panel can update the same definition updates without problems (why, oh, why? can't I just select and copy from settings? :()...
Windows Updates and Activation
Intel display driver, System update (5/14/2015) repeated fail on 10130
Folks, I have a Surface Pro 3 on 10130. The Intel Display driver update repeatedly fails, and I'm repeatedly offered the 5/14/2015 system update, which appears to succeed, but subsequently is offered again. I've stopped WU, removed the...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Update Fail - fbl_impressive Professional 10122 - Error 0x8024402c
Getting Error 0x8024402c when trying to update to TP 10122. Happens after about 5% completed. Tried restarting, different internet, the basics. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows Update Fail 0x80072efd
After Installing 4-5 Updates , I am Stuck On Build 9926 . Whenever I try to Update The Windows through windows update it gives the error 0x80072efd. I have tried the windows update troubleshoot , it detects a registry problem sometimes and repairs...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:11.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums