Windows Update Issues Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    1 Week Ago #1

    Windows Update Issues


    This is my current version
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	215858

    Every time I tried to update it fails. I tried directly from ISO too using that software tool posted in other thread So I have not updated in awhile. But when I do winver it says Im on 1809 yet windows update shows this

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	215862


    Why is it telling me to upgrade to 1809 if Im on 1809. ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    1 Week Ago #2

    Reboot the PC then try the Update Troubleshooter.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    1 Week Ago #3

    Steve C said: View Post
    Reboot the PC then try the Update Troubleshooter.
    Thanks but with all due respectt the troubleshooter is quite useless. I've tried
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 9,523
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       1 Week Ago #4

    jmsnyc said: View Post
    This is my current version
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	215858

    ......Why is it telling me to upgrade to 1809 if Im on 1809. ?
    Your 17741.1000 is an Insider preview version of 1809, quite an old one actually and about to expire.
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17741 - August 17 Insider - Windows 10 Forums

    The 1809 that has been publicly released and the one that's is in the ISO you downloaded is build 17763.107.

    How did you get the old Insider build? Did you join the Insider program? I'm not an Insider, but as I understand it you cannot just upgrade to the release version the way you are trying. Once a build is publicly released you should leave the Insider program to get updated to the current public build.

    If you stay in the Insider program, then the 1809 build that windows update is trying to download would also be an Insider preview. Which one depends on which preview ring you are in, but there's a build 17763.167 in the Release Preview Ring.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    1 Week Ago #5

    Bree said: View Post
    Your 17741.1000 is an Insider preview version of 1809, quite an old one actually and about to expire.
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17741 - August 17 Insider - Windows 10 Forums

    The 1809 that has been publicly released and the one that's is in the ISO you downloaded is build 17763.107.

    How did you get the old Insider build? Did you join the Insider program? I'm not an Insider, but as I understand it you cannot just upgrade to the release version the way you are trying. Once a build is publicly released you should leave the Insider program to get updated to the current public build.

    If you stay in the Insider program, then the 1809 build that windows update is trying to download would also be an Insider preview. Which one depends on which preview ring you are in, but there's a build 17763.167 in the Release Preview Ring.
    Thanks. I am in the insider program, I d like to get out. Not sure if at this point I should try to update through WU or ISO. When was 17763.167 released.?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 9,523
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       1 Week Ago #6

    jmsnyc said: View Post
    Thanks. I am in the insider program, I d like to get out. Not sure if at this point I should try to update through WU or ISO. When was 17763.167 released.?
    As I understand it, you need to be on an Insider build of 17763 at (or lower than) the release build 17763.107. You can then leave Insiders and will get updated the latest current public build.

    You are on an insider version prior to the current one. The Insider program got sidestepped a bit for the October Update. AFAIK 17763.1 wasn't sent to the Release Preview ring before the ill-fated first release. After the public release was pulled 17763.17 with fixes for the 'user file deletions' problem was released to Insiders.

    KB4467228 Windows 10 October 2018 Update Build 17763.17 to Insiders Insider - Windows 10 Forums

    17763.107 was tested in Release Preview before its public release. Subsequent builds for the Release Preview Ring have been by means of cumulative updates.

    KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30 Insider - Windows 10 Forums

    17763.167 is the latest cumulative update in the Release Preview Ring at present, all being well it (or a version with those quality patches plus new security fixes) is expected to go public next Patch Tuesday.

    KB4469342 Windows 10 Insider RP v1809 Build 17763.167 - Nov. 26 Insider - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 9,523
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       1 Week Ago #7

    jmsnyc said: View Post
    Not sure if at this point I should try to update through WU or ISO.
    I think the best way would be by updating using the Insider ISO for 17763.107. But I'm not an Insider, perhaps @Brink could help?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 34,370
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18290
       1 Week Ago #8

    Bree said: View Post
    I think the best way would be by updating using the Insider ISO for 17763.107. But I'm not an Insider, perhaps @Brink could help?

    Sure, that would be one of many ways you could update to the last Insider build.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    1 Week Ago #9

    Ok, trying the Update Assistant way, I'll report back after it fails.... If this was Vegas I would put a lot of money down on my confidence in failure
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    1 Week Ago #10

    Tried updating. Before it even rebooted, while still in original OS. got to like 90% then all my usb ports froze and had to hard reset to get them working again
    Last edited by jmsnyc; 1 Week Ago at 13:36.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Windows 10 Update Issues in Performance & Maintenance
Hear me out here. This is long. I legitimately want some feedback because people coming into my store for these issues, and then coming back every quarter is unsustainable. Maybe it's just observational bias on my part, but I can say that there...
Hi there - I hope I'm placing this in the right category. Since it's concerning an update, file corruption and program issues, I had to pick one. I had problems with IE 11 performing some functions and at the same time receiving errors for...
windows update issues in Windows Updates and Activation
hello all, I am currently running windows 10 LTSB and having issues with updates on several computers. all of them are attempting to update drivers for a printer that is no longer installed or connected, and the updates are stuck in a failed/retry...
Windows Update issues in Windows Updates and Activation
On a fresh install of Windows 10 and I'm slowly adding back applications. One particular app required the .net framework installed and proceeded to download it half way through this I cancelled thinking I'd prefer to get it from MS directly as I...
First issue is that I need to use a specific older driver for my AMD graphics card and windows 10 continues to update the driver automatically and causes my system to crash. I've gone through {Control Panel-Devices & printers}, selected my machine,...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05.
Find Us