Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809


  1. Posts : 549
    Windows 10 Home Pro
       #1

    Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809


    I don't understand this: The update to Version 1809 was released 09Oct2018.

    On my wife's computer, after the first attempt failed, a retry was offered; I took it, and later there was a "Restart" icon, so I clicked on it, after noticing something odd in the names of the updates about to be installed. When that was done, I found that KB4462919 and KB4100347 were both installed, and are shown as updates to Version 1803. Computer is now shown as up-to-date.

    On my computer, KB4462919 failed to install (apparently twice,) KB4100343 does not show as having even an attempted installation, and computer is shown as up-to-date.

    In neither case was an update to version 1809 offered.

    Explanation(s) solicited.
      My Computer

  2. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,396
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       #2

    RE : In neither case was an update to version 1809 offered.

    Microsoft has pulled the October 2018 Update.
    Users running version 1803 will have to wait a bit for 1809.
    Please refer to this thread...Windows 10: Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused

    P.S. I cannot answer why one of your computers is unable to install KB KB4462919.
      My Computer

  3. Eddie Doc's Avatar
    Posts : 306
    Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.815
       #3

    Not Myself said:
    I don't understand this: The update to Version 1809 was released 09Oct2018.
    1809 was released on 02Oct2018, and then withdrawn(paused) 1 or 2 days later. If you're on 1803, 1809 won't be offered until they have fixed it. See these forums under the news section.(davidhk provided the link).
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 549
    Windows 10 Home Pro
    Thread Starter
       #4

    davidhk said:
    RE : In neither case was an update to version 1809 offered.

    Microsoft has pulled the October 2018 Update.
    Users running version 1803 will have to wait a bit for 1809.
    Please refer to this thread...Windows 10: Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused

    P.S. I cannot answer why one of your computers is unable to install KB KB4462919.
    I have been following that thread, but it has now grown so long and become, at least for me, meaningless. That written, yes, I am aware of the delay in receiving 1809, but now wonder if I will get it, due to the strange updates to 1803 that only appeared yesterday and failed on my computer.

    This is odd: I had tried the Delta KB 44462919, as posted by Brink, which said it was not compatible with my computer, so I downloaded the complete update and started it just a minute or so again, only to be notified that it was already installed. I cannot say that I understand this, as there is no information to that effect in Settings/Updates.

    Perhaps that is has been installed somehow is why Windows Updates says that my computer is up to date?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 549
    Windows 10 Home Pro
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Eddie Doc said:
    1809 was released on 02Oct2018, and then withdrawn(paused) 1 or 2 days later. If you're on 1803, 1809 won't be offered until they have fixed it. See these forums under the news section.(davidhk provided the link).
    1809 was released yesterday, but will not be available to everyone for at least a few days. My concern is not with 1809 so much as it is with the unusual updates to 1803 that appeared yesterday and, if I read the information about them, have to be installed before 1809 can be installed. Given that the one of those 1803 updates failed on my computer, and I see nothing to indicate that the other was even offered, I wonder if 1809 will be offered.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums