Windows 10: Windows license will expire soon

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 5,399
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, WinXP Home Premium, Linux Mint
       05 Apr 2018 #41

    To add, the Volume reference could be the same as the Enterprise version, usually intended for companies that purchase a large number of licenses. Companies/Enterprises were allowed to assign such computers to employees for use off-premises.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    05 Apr 2018 #42

    Hey thanks for the help guys. This is my current setup. I would like to have still have the recovery from HP if possible just in case I would like to reset it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180405_231712.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	183635
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Apr 2018 #43

    slicendice said: View Post
    Yeah, that is not right!

    It's Professional and Volume setup.

    You have to download official Windows Home ISO using Media Creation Tool, then install over C drive using that.

    If you have a full Macrium backup of your drive including all partitions, then wipe everything when asked where to install.

    Your Drive should look like this:
    Attachment 183633
    Yep, this is correct.

    DARKO21 said: View Post
    Hey thanks for the help guys. This is my current setup. I would like to have still have the recovery from HP if possible just in case I would like to reset it.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180405_231712.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	386.1 KB 
ID:	183635
    Please give more detail of exactly how you are going about things.

    Windows never prompts for activation on a clean install.. that is just weird.

    You need to delete the partition you have highlighted above and install to unallocated (as in Slice's pic) - the recovery partition won't be affected.

    NB if you are having problems with USB booting you can mount the ISO inside your current installation, and run setup from Sources folder - that will have the same effect as booting from USB, i.e clean install option, and you have a Windows.old folder as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Apr 2018 #44

    Thanks Superfly i have no idea why it prompt me after a clean install. I will try to delete the partition and install to unallocated space Windows C drive. Get back as soon as possible.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,549
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.104 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       06 Apr 2018 #45

    Good morning! Just woke up. :)

    I will be monitoring your progress the best I can and time gives.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    06 Apr 2018 #46

    Good Morning sliceandice! Everthing is working up to now(fingers crossed). LOL. My only question is what if I Factory reset will I have to go the the process of re installing windows ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,549
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.104 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       06 Apr 2018 #47

    DARKO21 said: View Post
    Good Morning sliceandice! Everthing is working up to now(fingers crossed). LOL. My only question is what if I Factory reset will I have to go the the process of re installing windows ?
    No, Windows 10 supports full reset from within C drive. Only thing that will be missing are the HP specific tools. But that is kind of nice, because then you have an absolutely clean slate, without all annoying "crapware".

    Recovery options in Windows 10

    Update: Those Recovery Partitions are outdated within 6 months anyway because of the rate MS pushes new builds.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,549
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.104 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       06 Apr 2018 #48

    This is how one of my Asus laptops look like, and it came like this from the factory.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Partitions.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	183642
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    06 Apr 2018 #49

    DARKO21 said: View Post
    Hey thanks for the help guys. This is my current setup. I would like to have still have the recovery from HP if possible just in case I would like to reset it.
    Sorry to be discouraging, but if you have made ANY changes to the original partition scheme, almost certainly, the HP Recovery function will no longer work. HP machines are especially sensitive to such changes, and it used to be, as long as you left the Recovery partition alone, they would do the factory reset. But recently, I made changes to the OS partition, then restored it to its original size and state (never touch the Recovery partition), and when I went to do the factory reset, it failed!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,109
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       06 Apr 2018 #50

    Mark Phelps said: View Post
    Sorry to be discouraging, but if you have made ANY changes to the original partition scheme, almost certainly, the HP Recovery function will no longer work. HP machines are especially sensitive to such changes, and it used to be, as long as you left the Recovery partition alone, they would do the factory reset. But recently, I made changes to the OS partition, then restored it to its original size and state (never touch the Recovery partition), and when I went to do the factory reset, it failed!
    Very likely the partition ID doesn't match any more. Just a swag.....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Related Threads
"Your Windows license will expire soon" in Windows Updates and Activation
Hi I have been using my custom pc for about 6 months but after making the windows update "2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788)" I now receive the "Your Windows license will expire soon, you need to...
Solved ''Your Windows 10 license will expire soon'' in Windows Updates and Activation
Hello, I have a problem, every time i turn on my PC theres a message saying ''your windows 10 will expire soon'' for 2 days now. I got my PC made from a local Gaming PC building company and they installed the Windows for me, ive never had this...
Windows license will expire soon in Windows Updates and Activation
Hey, So I've had windows installed on my computer around half a month already and now, everytime I boot up my computer, it says "Windows license will expire soon". But when I go to the Activation part in the Settings menu, this is what I see: ...
Your windows license will expire soon in Windows Updates and Activation
Hey guys, I keep getting the "your windows license will expire soon" popup in the Win 10 anniversary update. I disabled Windows License Manager and Windows Update in services.msc and did the slmmgr rearm thingy in CMD. Initially it kept popping up...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55.
Find Us