Windows Update does not install KB4088776 on my computer Solved

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    19 Mar 2018 #1

    Windows Update does not install KB4088776 on my computer


    Hello newbie here ... in this forum I mean...

    I have problems with 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4088776) update, it refused to update and my winver is still 16299.192 instead of 16299.309:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kb.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	181512


    Please help!
    Thanks
    Came
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    19 Mar 2018 #2

    Hi, there are references to this error number suggesting the normal routine of running
    SFC /SCANNOW and /or DISM commands will not help here.

    This discussion
    error 0x80092004Ā* trying to deploy kb4074588 wi... |Shavlik User Community
    indicates it may arise from a previous defective patch. It suggests amongst other things removing (uninstalling) that patch, then installing the full patch manually
    (available here:
    Cumulative Update KB4088776 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.309 - Mar. 13 - Windows 10 Forums
    )

    It's worth searching further for your specific error number 0x80092004

    e.g. this suggesting skipping this update... which could be one option.
    KB4074588 error 0x80092004 - Microsoft Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    19 Mar 2018 #3

    dalchina said: View Post
    Hi, there are references to this error number suggesting the normal routine of running
    SFC /SCANNOW and /or DISM commands will not help here.

    This discussion
    error 0x80092004Ā* trying to deploy kb4074588 wi... |Shavlik User Community
    indicates it may arise from a previous defective patch. It suggests amongst other things removing (uninstalling) that patch, then installing the full patch manually
    (available here:
    Cumulative Update KB4088776 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.309 - Mar. 13 - Windows 10 Forums
    )

    It's worth searching further for your specific error number 0x80092004

    e.g. this suggesting skipping this update... which could be one option.
    KB4074588 error 0x80092004 - Microsoft Community
    Hi

    Thanks buuut

    ???

    To much information for a simple non hi-tech girl , what I did was to download the KB4088776 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog

    Buuuut

    I got this error

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	022018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4088776).jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	181539

    after that I restarted my pc and took forever, because something was installing and I had to unplug my Pc

    What now? Clean Install??

    Thanks
    Camelia
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    19 Mar 2018 #4

    "what I did was to download the KB4088776 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog"
    Did you use this link, assuming you have 64-bit ? I can give a diff one if you are 32-bit -
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...d75e1cee9c.msu

    "I restarted my pc and took forever, because something was installing and I had to unplug my Pc
    What now? Clean Install??"

    It may have still been installing. Insure that you are plugged in, not on battery only. Clean Install is last resort. Open C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete contents (NOT the folder!)

    After you download from the link provided, open Services (type in Cortana search if you don't know where to look) and r-click+'Start' for all these processes, verify that Status is 'Running' for each, THEN try to install the msu file. EG; screenshot -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	181547
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    DCOM Server Process Launcher
    Update Orchestrator Service
    Windows Modules Service
    Windows Update

    Good Luck, post your results.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 Mar 2018 #5

    mrgeek said: View Post
    "what I did was to download the KB4088776 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog"
    Did you use this link, assuming you have 64-bit ? I can give a diff one if you are 32-bit -
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...d75e1cee9c.msu

    "I restarted my pc and took forever, because something was installing and I had to unplug my Pc
    What now? Clean Install??"

    It may have still been installing. Insure that you are plugged in, not on battery only. Clean Install is last resort. Open C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder and delete contents (NOT the folder!)

    After you download from the link provided, open Services (type in Cortana search if you don't know where to look) and r-click+'Start' for all these processes, verify that Status is 'Running' for each, THEN try to install the msu file. EG; screenshot -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	181547
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    DCOM Server Process Launcher
    Update Orchestrator Service
    Windows Modules Service
    Windows Update

    Good Luck, post your results.
    Yes I use this link

    Download Log For windows10.0-kb4088776-x64_55756340f1e2c2090f94de6d256eafd75e1cee9c.msu
    --------------------------------------------------
    URL: http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...d75e1cee9c.msu
    To: C:\Apps\Programs\MS\Win10\KB4088776\Log 64KB4088776.log
    --------------------------------------------------
    Start: 2018/03/19 16:18:25 at byte 0
    Finish: 2018/03/19 16:23:12
    --------------------------------------------------
    Size: 737,976,923
    Time: 0:04:42
    Speed: 2555.6 K/Sec
    --------------------------------------------------

    It is a desktop Pc, always plugged in

    Deleted everything from
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder
    Except C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore (Locked by the system)

    Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    wasn't running, now it is running
    DCOM Server Process Launcher running
    Update Orchestrator Service wasn't running, now it is running
    Windows Modules Service not found
    Windows Update was running

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Modules Service.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	181631

    Install kb4088776-x64, got same error

    "The following updates were not installed" screenshot as above

    Restart and PC freeze

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gettingwinready.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	397.7 KB 
ID:	181635

    Had to unplug my Pc again

    Please help

    Thanks
    Camelia
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    20 Mar 2018 #6

    "Windows Modules Service not found"
    My typo, should be Windows Modules Installer, like in my screenshot. Essential to installing updates. Try setting those 5 processes again to 'running' and try again.

    "my winver is still 16299.192"
    If KB4088776 still fails, to bring you to 3/13, you are up to date as of 1/3/18. Try downloading this cumulative update which has had few install complaints, to get you to 2/13, 16299.248 (link to Catalog at page bottom - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4074588

    If this is successful, I would then either try the next one up in the left column (3/5/18) or stay with 16299.248 for a couple weeks by going to Services again and setting Windows Update to 'disable' (may need to repeat or use Option One Steps 4-10 in this tutorial - Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 ) and wait the the next major Feature Update 1803, due out soon. The big Update will write a new OS, making this updating failure moot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Mar 2018 #7

    mrgeek said: View Post
    "Windows Modules Service not found"
    My typo, should be Windows Modules Installer, like in my screenshot. Essential to installing updates. Try setting those 5 processes again to 'running' and try again.

    "my winver is still 16299.192"
    If KB4088776 still fails, to bring you to 3/13, you are up to date as of 1/3/18. Try downloading this cumulative update which has had few install complaints, to get you to 2/13, 16299.248 (link to Catalog at page bottom - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4074588

    If this is successful, I would then either try the next one up in the left column (3/5/18) or stay with 16299.248 for a couple weeks by going to Services again and setting Windows Update to 'disable' (may need to repeat or use Option One Steps 4-10 in this tutorial - Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 ) and wait the the next major Feature Update 1803, due out soon. The big Update will write a new OS, making this updating failure moot.
    1.- Delete *.* from C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
    Except C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
    And C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\ReportingEvents.log (Locked by System)
    2.- For all these processes, verify that Status is 'Running' for each,
    (To open Windows Services, Run services.msc)
    Background Intelligent Transfer Service - Wasn't running now it is running
    DCOM Server Process Launcher - Was running
    Update Orchestrator Service - Was running
    Windows Modules Installer - Wasn't running, now it is running
    Windows Update - Was running
    3.- Run KB4088776.msu - error
    4.- Restart, Unplug Coputer (Freeze)
    5.- Run KB4074588.msu - error
    6.- Restart - Normal no need to unplug Pc

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KB4074588.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	181701

    Why is not installing???

    Thanks
    Camelia
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    21 Mar 2018 #8

    If you're still getting that error number 0x80092004 all anyone can do in respect of that is research it if taking the approach of trying to resolve that particular problem, which is what I did for you.

    Unfortunately, that can get technical, and error numbers are not also helpful and specific, or even relevant to the actual cause.

    Taking a simplistic approach- which may or may not help- you can try
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    ( That's an easy way to do some of what you've done with individual commands)

    and
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...troubleshooter

    Have a look here and read through the user experiences following and see if anything helps. (There's a thread per update per build in the News section- and download links for that update)

    Cumulative Update KB4088776 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.309 - Mar. 13 - Windows 10 Forums

    Just to check- presumably you downloaded the x64 version if your OS is 64 bits?

    Windows update log: Try
    Generating the Log Files for Troubleshooting Windows Updates for Windows 10 | IT Pro
    and post the result.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    21 Mar 2018 #9

    dalchina said: View Post
    If you're still getting that error number 0x80092004 all anyone can do in respect of that is research it if taking the approach of trying to resolve that particular problem, which is what I did for you.

    Unfortunately, that can get technical, and error numbers are not also helpful and specific, or even relevant to the actual cause.

    Taking a simplistic approach- which may or may not help- you can try
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    ( That's an easy way to do some of what you've done with individual commands)

    and
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...troubleshooter

    Have a look here and read through the user experiences following and see if anything helps. (There's a thread per update per build in the News section- and download links for that update)

    Cumulative Update KB4088776 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.309 - Mar. 13 - Windows 10 Forums

    Just to check- presumably you downloaded the x64 version if your OS is 64 bits?

    Windows update log: Try
    Generating the Log Files for Troubleshooting Windows Updates for Windows 10 | IT Pro
    and post the result.
    Until I don't find a solution I can not login @ Paypal or similar sites (Where the information is sensitive)?

    Yup, my OS is 64 bits

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winver.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	181723

    Please let me know

    Thanks
    Came
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    21 Mar 2018 #10

    ...please try the other steps I listed- two troubleshooters, the manual download of the update from the tutorial - please read that and see if anything helps- try reapplying the update- get and post the log. Lots to do...!

    Not sure why a problem with one update stops you logging in to a financial site... what is the problem there?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 3/22: Cumulative Update KB4089848 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.334 - Mar. 22 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4088776/windows-10-update-kb4088776 Direct download links for KB4088776 MSU...
Hello everyone. Something strange has happened to me with the last update of Windows. The patches were downloaded and installed on March 13. With restart and everything correctly. And as usual, I always check the update history and see that patch...
Hi all. I have an external firewire sound interface (Focusrite Saffire Pro 24) and also have Asus ROG headphones. I have a Dell and a BenQ monitor, I think the benq has speakers in it but I never use them. Before this update looking on...
I have a Acer Aspire M3450-UR30P and I am running Windows 10 1703 with every cumulative update and every other update applied. My system runs great with one exception. I can restart from windows and it has no problems restarting and booting up to my...
I am in the process of building a new PC. After updating the old existing Win 7 32 bit desktop to Win 10, can I do a clean Win 10 64 bit install on the new build and keep the old computer running while I install all the necessary programs and...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:12.
Find Us