Windows 10: "Get Windows 10" app not showing up Solved

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    30 Jul 2015 #1

    "Get Windows 10" app not showing up


    I have 3 identical HP Pavilion All-IN-One pc's all with Windows 8.1. They came new with Win 8 and I upgraded to 8.1.

    anyway,
    All 3 never showed the little Window on the bottom right of the taskbar to receive Windows 10.......even my older Windows 7 PC received it??? Thoughts?

    I know they are compatible and the Windows keys should be fine being they came new from HP directly a few years back, I only upgraded to 8.1 via the free download from MS.

    I tried various troubleshooting by running a particular command script with no luck. Can one just "force" windows 10 to download or do I have to have the taskbar notification first?

    Thanks,
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 23,623
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
       30 Jul 2015 #2

    Hello Bigbwb,

    If you like, you could also use step 3 in the tutorial below to upgrade to the free Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, and have it activated afterwards.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    30 Jul 2015 #3

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Bigbwb,

    If you like, you could also use step 3 in the tutorial below to upgrade to the free Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, and have it activated afterwards.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html
    Thank you! So, I would use the Windows Key my pc came with originally to register it? I just dont want to upgrade it to 10 and find out I cannot register or it something else goes wrong
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Jul 2015 #4

    Brink, you should get paid for every time you've posted this today.

    After you follow the process of upgrading to and activating Windows 10, you won't need a key for future clean installs of Windows 10 on that same computer. It will complete and activate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 23,623
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
       30 Jul 2015 #5

    I'd be rich if so. LOL

    Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?

    Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer (this step) or step 3 above, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    30 Jul 2015 #6

    DeaconFrost said: View Post
    Brink, you should get paid for every time you've posted this today.

    After you follow the process of upgrading to and activating Windows 10, you won't need a key for future clean installs of Windows 10 on that same computer. It will complete and activate.
    Sorry guys, I am sure you are quite busy with noobs like me I just didnt want to start the process only to find I screwed up somehow.

    I am giving it a shot as we speak using your Tutorial!

    Thanks again for the help,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    30 Jul 2015 #7

    Brink said: View Post
    I'd be rich if so. LOL

    Can I reinstall Windows 10 on my computer after upgrading?

    Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade offer (this step) or step 3 above, you will be able to reinstall, including a clean install, on the same device. You won’t need a product key for re-activations on the same hardware. If you make a meaningful change to your hardware, you may need to contact customer support to help with activation. You’ll also be able to create your own installation media like a USB drive or DVD, and use that to upgrade your device or reinstall after you’ve upgraded.
    After the upgrade to "10" I have no intention of doing anything else (including a clean install). I just want to upgrade, nothing more
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 23,623
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
       30 Jul 2015 #8

    It's just to let you know that you can clean install Windows 10 on the PC in the future if ever needed after you have upgraded to register the PC with the free Windows 10 activation.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    30 Jul 2015 #9

    Brink said: View Post
    It's just to let you know that you can clean install Windows 10 on the PC in the future if ever needed after you have upgraded to register the PC with the free Windows 10 activation.
    Gotcha! Thanks guys!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 23,623
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
       30 Jul 2015 #10

    Glad we could help.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Is there any way to delete these system folders. I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created. Thanks
Hi In Windows 10, how I do not display the "Life at a glance" and "Play and explore" columns of the Start menu? Thanks Bye
Hi, as with many I have upgraded to Windows 10 today and it is going well except for the fact I am unable to save any files or create new ones in the Documents and Pictures folders or any sub-folders within these folders, and I have no idea why it...
I really don't like the term "All Apps" on the new Start menu. I would like to put it back to "All Programs". Does anyone have any idea if this can be changed? I don't use "apps". I'm not a mobile device user; I have a custom-built tower and I...
I've installed Build 10041 and upgrade to 10049 three times now, each time I was able to do a search for Windows Update or Sound which would show me the correct results but this time, I'm not getting the right results. In the past I would do a Reset...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:04.
Find Us