Windows 10: Windows insider build 16199.1000 stops at 86%.

  1.    07 Jun 2017 #1

    Windows insider build 16199.1000 stops at 86%.


    My question is how to stop insider builds. I see that there is no stop insider builds in stop insider builds?. The only options are temporary, like pause, defer, or get updates until next stable release. So how do I actually stop the updates. It was available in the Anniversary Edition.

    Henry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       07 Jun 2017 #2

    Hewjr100 said: View Post
    My question is how to stop insider builds. I see that there is no stop insider builds in stop insider builds?. The only options are temporary, like pause, defer, or get updates until next stable release. So how do I actually stop the updates. It was available in the Anniversary Edition.

    Henry.
    Hi there, Hewjr100. Welcome to TenForums.

    Use the rollback option.

    Attachment 138485
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    07 Jun 2017 #3

    Ok doin it now.

    Henry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    07 Jun 2017 #4

    No go, I did the rollback, went OK, but I am still in the fast ring. What I wanted was out of insider builds.

    Henry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       07 Jun 2017 #5
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    07 Jun 2017 #6

    Again your link does not show how to opt out, only to pause and resume later. I want the same option previous versions had. as I am typing build 16199.1000 is installing again. This is getting frustrating. I guess I am stuck in the fast ring. I am not going thru a fresh install again.

    Henry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    07 Jun 2017 #7

    Hewjr100 said: View Post
    My question is how to stop insider builds. I see that there is no stop insider builds in stop insider builds?. The only options are temporary, like pause, defer, or get updates until next stable release. So how do I actually stop the updates. It was available in the Anniversary Edition.

    Henry.
    No - there was no option to Stop Insider builds in AU version.
    You have only ever been able to leave temporarily unless Insider build is same version as release build.

    Your options are

    1) clean install 15063.

    2) Move to Slow Ring and get updated less frequently. Of course, you are stuck with latest version until a newer Slow Ring iso comes out.

    You really should not use Fast Ring as main
    install. Even MS strongly recommend you do not do this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       08 Jun 2017 #8

    Hewjr100 said: View Post
    Again your link does not show how to opt out, only to pause and resume later. I want the same option previous versions had. as I am typing build 16199.1000 is installing again. This is getting frustrating. I guess I am stuck in the fast ring. I am not going thru a fresh install again.

    Henry.
    My apology I mislead you with this, Henry. Didn't know one could not opt out with the Anniversary Edition as cereberus pointed out. Looks like he laid out your options well.

    Just in case you need this: Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    08 Jun 2017 #9

    cereberus said: View Post
    No - there was no option to Stop Insider builds in AU version.
    You have only ever been able to leave temporarily unless Insider build is same version as release build.

    Your options are

    1) clean install 15063.

    2) Move to Slow Ring and get updated less frequently. Of course, you are stuck with latest version until a newer Slow Ring iso comes out.

    You really should not use Fast Ring as main
    install. Even MS strongly recommend you do not do this.
    He can also move to the preview release ring.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Update: Microsoft inadvertently reveals new Windows 10 'Control Center' - Windows 10 Forums 864888965785993216 Source - Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16199 for PC + Build 15215 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog
I am running build 16193.1001 on a Sony Viao laptop (SVE14A27CXH). 16193.1001 installed on 5/12/17 without any issues. On 5/18/17 build 16199.1000 was downloaded and installed via Windows update. There were no error messages during the update...
Whilst attempting to update from build 16176 to 16179 it fails with error Windows 10 Insider Preview 16179.1000 (rs_prerelease) - Error 0x80070005 Finds this update and downloads a KB then starts to install 16179 but quickly stops with this...
Solved New Insider Build 14951.1000 in Windows Insider
Since installing the new build (14951.1000) I can no longer log into the Feedback Hub, it asks me to sign in, I choose the correct MS account and it goes right back to the "Sign in" screen. Anyone else seen this issue and if so how do I fix it?...
Preview Test Build 11082 Expires 7/15/2016. Will there be an Insider Build before that which doesn't expire? Naturally this is an important concern. I am testing heavily right now. Should I report my results/concerns here or elsewhere? TIA
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:47.
Find Us